“Gorgeous”

Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Located about 10-15min away from the Samui airport, this hotel is superb!
We arrived 6 hrs earlier than the regular check-in time of 2pm and although they did not promise an early check-in, we were ushered to our room almost immediately after the usual check-in formalities.

Our villa w/ plunge pool was simply too good to imagine (the photos online don't do justice!).

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and went beyond their duty to bring my wife a scrumptious dessert on her birthday, whilst dining at the Ocean Kiss restaurant.

The famous Anantara Spa was no disappointment either and the 180 min Balinese massage was totally worth it.

All in all - superb place to stay if you are looking for a nice romantic holiday with that someone special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Quresh K,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you have taken the time sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back to Samui.

With kind regards

Lars Kerfin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My stay at Anantara Lawana has exceeded my expectations. Right from the moment we arrived the friendly staff at the reception were helpful and efficient in getting me to my room. Though we reached much early due to our flight schedule, but the waiting time at the pool-side and private beach was simply worth it. The time spent in the resort was relaxing and enjoyable. Service was friendly and proactive and the quality of food at breakfast and in the restaurants were great. I had read about their Tree Tops restaurant and was excited to try this, unfortunately it was fully booked during my stay. I wasn’t disappointed as the food at the Pool Bar and Ocean Kiss restaurants and room service was excellent. I have to mention the fantastic buffet breakfast second to none I have with such a variety and special little treats everyday, not to miss the Indian dishes in the buffets.

The staff at Anantara Lawana are a credit to the hotel and made the holiday even better, they are extremely polite and helpful and went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay. The grounds are constantly being kept tidy by a busy workforce and the room was immaculate from the time we arrived to when we left with great personal touches left in our room (towel animals, messages on palm leaves etc) by the maids. The hotel is ideally located only a short distance from the airport and only a few minutes taxi to either Bophut, Fisherman's Village and Chaweng Beach. The staff made some good recommendations for places to see in Samui which was appreciated.

Thank you to all you definitely made our time in Koh Samui amazing

Room Tip: The 100 series have a great view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kunalkapoor21
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear kunalkapoor21,

Thank you very much for your detailed review and the compliments.

My sincere apology that our Tree Tops restaurant had been fully booked during your stay. We strongly recommend advance bookings and will do our outmost to ensure as well last minute availability, which is unfortunately not always possible. Nevertheless, I’m glad that you enjoyed the other meals and restaurants of the resort.

We are looking forward welcoming you back hopefully soon.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for 12 nights in June 2014 for our Honeymoon. On arrival we opted to upgrade our room to a pool villa for a reduced fee, the upgrade was worth every penny! The staff were so friendly and had arranged an early check in for us.

We ate at the hotel frequently and found the food really good value for money. Yes, it is more expensive than the neighbouring restaurants but you get a great view and its convenient if you want a quiet night or a snack during the day.

The hotels location is perfect is you want to be able to explore the island and nearby Chaweng but want a quiet romantic setting to come back to every evening. Taxis to Chaweng should cost no more than 200B one way.

The staff are what really make this resort 5 star. Ya and Tae in particular are a credit to the hotel. Nothing is too much hassle.

I do agree that the hotel could do with some minor improvements, mainly to the décor in the rooms. Our room looked a little tired, a fresh coat of paint is all that's needed.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return in future to celebrate anniversaries.

Room Tip: Pool villas are worth the extra money. They are very private, the main pool can get busy during the...
Dear Hayley C,

Thank you for your compliments and your recent stay with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to my team, in particular Tae and Ya.

We are looking forward to celebrate your anniversaries together with you… how about the first one? Just drop me a line and I will be happy to assist with the booking.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Spent 10 fantastic days beginning of June at the Lawana with my wife and daughter. On arriving we were asked if we wanted to upgrade at a cost of £1,000 which I did not appreciate.That said, Timm and all of her staff were magnificent, so polite and courteous and made our stay such a joy, - nothing was too much trouble! Quiet location to the north of Chaweng but only minutes away by taxi.A great place to relax and the Ocean Kiss restaurant overlooking the beach is perfectly situated and serves breakfasts to die for. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear 1Royb,

Thank you for staying with us in June and sharing your feedback here. My apology if the offered option of rooms bothered you, but I’m glad to see that you enjoyed all other aspects of your vacation that much.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for only one night and yet, we were treated like VIPs, it was incredible! Everything was perfect. We had a pool Villa in the garden, private, big big bathroom with in door and out door shower, direct access to the pool area, we loved it! The attention for details is amazing, everything is at the right place and every object fits perfectly with its environment. The staff at the Anantara Lawana is impeccable, from the ladies at the front desk to the bellman and housekeepers. A special mention to the restaurant staff, which at breakfast really impressed us with its professionalism and innovative food creations.
To sum up,...WOW!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Guest_Relations_ARAS
Dear bb2209,

It is very encouraging to hear that even with such a short stay we could manage to impress you. Your feedback is very appreciated and we are looking forward having you back for a hopefully longer stay.

Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My stay at Anantara Lawana has exceeded my expectations. Right from the moment I arrived the friendly staff at the reception were helpful and efficient in getting me to my room. The staff made some good recommendations for places to see in Samui which was appreciated. The time spent in the resort was relaxing and enjoyable. Service was friendly and proactive and the quality of food at breakfast and in the restaurants were great. I had read about their Tree Tops restaurant and was excited to try this, unfortunately it was fully booked during my stay. I wasn’t disappointed as the food in the Ocean Kiss restaurant and room service was excellent. The spa massage was professional, relaxing and enjoyable. I enjoyed the Thai massage. Thank you to all the staff for making my stay enjoyable and thank you to Lars the General Manager who personally took time to check on my stay and overall satisfaction. I can highly recommend a stay at Anantara Lawana in Samui.

Dear Zofies_Verden,

I’m glad to hear (again) that you enjoyed your stay so much and especially to see that you have made the effort sharing it here on TripAdvisor.

My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We arrived at this resort following being let down from a previous booking. We were greeted by the lovely Dawny who immediately made us feel welcome. Unfortunately the rooms allocated to us were not suitable due to one of our friends travelling with a leg injury. When we enquired about possible alternative rooms and needed 4 as there were 8 of us travelling Tumm was amazing. For a small upgrade we settled for villas by the pool which suited our group and I can thoroughly recommend them. We did get the opportunity to meet Lars at drinks before dining at their Tree Tops Restaurant and you immediately knew why this resort had the best customer service I had experienced by all staff from the garden to silver service. I have to mention the fantastic buffet breakfast second to none I have with such a variety and special little treats everyday. Thank you to all you definitely made our time in Koh Samui amazing.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in a group the Villas that surround your own private pool are amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sherry B
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Sherry B,

We are glad to hear that we have been able to turn your vacation around and you and your friends enjoyed a wonderful vacation with us.

I appreciate the compliments for my team and will certainly share them with them.

It was a great pleasure having you as our guests and we are looking forward having you back hopefully soon.

With kind regards

Lars Kerfin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,297 reviews
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort? Share your experiences!