What a beautiful hotel this is! We stayed here for a week in June this year and were blown away by how friends all the staff were from the front desk to the gardeners. Thai people are known for being friends and inquisitive however I do feel they went above and beyond it this hotel.
The room and service was exceptional and personal touches always given to the room which my wife loved. We were offered a plunge pool villa at a discounted rate as the hotel upon check-in which my wife jumped at and was a lovely room and worth the while and prior to agreeing the extra cost we were taken to the villa to make our final decision.
One thing to make note of which the hotel were very good at informing you off and helping to prevent was the mosquito's. There are a lot of plants in amongst the rooms and so they attract mosquito's, I appreciate this is extremely difficult for the hotel to control however as much as we had a lovely seating area to relax at outside our plunge pool we were often put off due to the mosquito's. The hotel do proactively treat the rooms and surrounding areas on a regular basis and were always happy to give additional treats on request however we did find it difficult to remain bite free.
The breakfast gave a good variety and all was very well presented and well cooked and plenty to choose from. Drinks at the bar were your usual hotel prices however there was a happy hour between 6pm and 7pm which was great value and provided a good bit of entertainment.
We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening as we always wanted to go out and venture however the tree top restaurant has excellent reviews and my only advice if you wanted to dine is to book early and ask for a high table as the restaurant is on various different levels, obviously the higher the table the better the view.
The hotel is situated right on a beach and is a small and extremely peaceful bay. The sea is extremely calm there and the sand very coarse and as much as the view is beautiful and relaxing, if you are a beach lover like myself and wife and enjoy a swim in the sea, we found it difficult to enjoy however Chaweng beach where the hustle and bustle is, is the next bay and so not far.
Finally, I could really find any faults with the hotel, and fantastic stay in a good location if you don't like being on the out skirts of main resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng