Me and my partner stayed at the Anantara for 7 nights (22-28 August) having spent 3 hectic nights in Bangkok. What a lovely hotel. Check in was smooth (although not sure why they insisted they took a photograph of us both) and we were taken to our room. Wow it was lovely with a large balcony, a massive bath big enough to fit a rugby team in and a powerful shower. Breakfast was superb over looking the beach, with a great selection. Pool area and beach also great, plenty of sun beds and parasols. I forgot to pack beach towels but I didn't need them, there were plenty of fresh towels stacked in the pool area for you to use, so don't bother packing towels. During the day the staff come round handing out ice cold flannels infused with mint, which is much needed when laying in the sun, fruit kebabs and frozen pineapple chunks on sticks, such lovely touches that made it all so nice.
Having read the reviews on the Tree Tops restaurant which is part of the hotel I decided to book a table there for our second night. I am so glad I emailed the restaurant from the Uk and booked the highest table in the trees as they only have eight covers and two sittings. I booked the 6pm sitting as recommended as you can see the sun set and it was fab. Food was wonderful, the cocktails were excellent and the service first class. Yes it was expensive but was so so worth it. Wine was expensive, but having said that wine was expensive in every restaurant in the resort, although the supermarket over the road from the hotel does a very nice cheap bottle of red, well worth keeping a couple in the room for those pre dinner drinks on the balcony.
The rooms are spread out around the grounds and I am sure we had the room that was as far away from the restaurant/pool/bar as possible, but it kept us fit. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone who has limited mobility or a wheel chair user as there are many steps leading to the pool/restaurant (70 in fact), yes we counted them, sad I know but it made going up a bit easier. Although we did find a cheeky path which led to the restaurant with only a few steps but it was a tad longer. Overall, a wonderful place where the staff cannot do enough for you. I would recommend this hotel 100 per cent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng