We stayed in Villa Lawana 8 days in late August for our honeymoon. It was our fist time in Thailand and Koh Samui so i dont have the chance to compare with other resorts in the island. However i have to say that we so loved the hotel that we hardly could leave it. Especially the atmosphere and the architecture of the hotel and the rooms are unique. You feel very comfortable like you own the place. Nobody disturbs you, you have perfect privacy and relaxation. We stayed in private pool suite. And it was incredible the feeling to have a private little pool in your own little garden. And the room was very romantic and comfortable. Everything has an open air feeling with utmost privacy which we admired. Even the toilets and showers. Housekeeping was perfect, room was always very clean and very well equipped with even little compliments. Tv and channels were great. Public pool has again a great view and very comfortable atmosphere. The hotel has great landscape with beatiful gardens and plants. Frogs and lizards pass by without disturbing you:) Staff was very kind and helpful. We had a complimentary dinner at the hotel included in our honeymoon package. We loved the food and the treatment. Breakfast was also good though we are a mediterrenean couple:). The location of the hotel is also very convenient with enough distance from the crowd but close enough with an island version of tuk tuk for 50 baht pp to central chaweng. We had very amusing and great memories with security guys in the entrance of the hotel. They are extremely sweet and even help you to cross the street and find you vehicles to wherever you want to go and even bargain for you for the price with the drivers. The beach of the hotel is not frequently used as i saw since the tide is low and the sand and the water is not very convenient for enjoying and swimming. You may seek for that joy in central chaweng beach or better in other islands. My only negative comment could be that mosquitos practically finished 50% of my newly wed blood:) during my stay. However i believe this is unavoidable in this island with all the flora and the humid. Hotel is doing periodical pest practices but our room was next to the frog pool :) which made the case worse i think. Maybe they can consider paying more attention to take control of that specific area of the hotel. Overall i had a perfect honeymoon especially thanks to Villa Lawana which was proposed to me by my agency here in Turkey as the only real five star hotel in the region. I emphasize that the best feature of the hotel is the architecture and the rooms and i strongly suggest it (especially private pool suite) for the honeymooners and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travelbag, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng