Hotels.com
Caz073
Northampton, United Kingdom

Nice hotel near the beach

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Mar 2024
Lovely hotel right by the beach. We had 2 rooms, one in the main hotel building which had great aircon and the other was a bungalow and the aircon wasn’t good at all. You could barely feel it. Hotel room had a big balcony and the bungalow a private terrace.
Nice clean pool, didn’t use the bar area.
Walk down a path through the bungalows to the beach and there are plenty of free sun loungers provided by the hotel.
Would stay here again but although the idea of the bungalows is lovely, aircon is a priority so would stay in the main building
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Be careful when you go to the beach we got some tar like substance on our shoes no idea where it...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £92
0.3 miles from Evergreen Resort
Beachfront
View more hotels in Chaweng
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2024

I am writing this review to warn customers that this hotel has new management, and they are not to be trusted. I booked this hotel 10 months ago with Agoda. This week I got an email from the resort, through the agoda website the resort isUNDER NEW MANAGEMENT and they don’t can give me the booked and I should contact agoda. I answered them when they don’t have this room available they should talk with agoda not me. After 1 day I got a email from agoda that the room isn’t available through renovation. But this isn’t true. The same room is available on numerous websites, but at twice the price. I won’t stay anymore in the resort! New management can’t trust

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2024

I had booked this hotel in January this year for July this year for 2 weeks got a message from the hotel saying they were new management and my room was not available but on another site my room is available but it’s Double the price shameful carry on so please beware

Room tip: Do not book this hotel as it might not be available to you when you arrive you could be let stranded
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2024

I am writing this review to warn customers that this hotel has new management, and they are not to be trusted. I booked this hotel two months ago with Agoda. This week I got an email from the resort, through the agoda website, that our reservation had been cancelled, because the resort was UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. Yet I could go on numerous websites to book this same room, but at twice the price. We complained, but got no reply. Disgusted with Agoda to allow this to happen, and would not want to stay at this resort.

Room tip: Even when you have a reservation they can cancel it
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2024 via mobile

This is a beautiful complex in the centre of cheweng, the room that I stayed in was next to the beautiful quiet pool.
Room very clean and a nice outside space.
Breakfast was included in my booking and although plentiful not stand out good.
My only reason for a 4 star is that due to flight delay and taxi driver unable to find the property I had no receptionist when I arrived at 10.15 pm and was incredibly distressed as there was no one to help me.
It took a couple of hours to find someone to let me into my room. As a lone traveller this was very distressing.
Apart from that a beautiful place to stay in the chaos of Chaweng.
I would return again if only for the beautiful pool!

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sugerplum100
Reviewed 24 January 2024 via mobile

Our stay at the evergreen resort was a total disappointment. Upon arrival we are assigned a room at the hotel, which turned out to be anything but a sea view villa (that we had booked for that exact reason, to have a sea view. Not to mention this was more expensive than the rest of the rooms). When we approach the hotel to tell them this, the receptionist (who handles this whole issue in a very neglecting and rude way, almost as if we were a pain in her ass) told us that only 4 rooms at the front (out of at least 20) actually have a sea view. When asked why they have named the rooms “sea view” and marketed it in this way she didn’t have an answer. Funny thing is- when speaking about this issue in the lobby another client approached and said that they had the exact same issue and the hotel receptionist told us we will get a discount for the inconvenience… now to the sad part. After two days we get an email that we’ve gotten the discount- a total of 120bath (4 € per night). For a room that was worth WAY LESS than what we had paid for. We approached Booking.com who tried to get a hold of Evergreen for many days without an answer. When they finally did answer the hotel told them that the laughable discount of 120bath/ night was all they could give on their behalf. This is FALSE MARKETING! And booking handled it in the worst way possible by telling us that they can’t help any further and that all we can do is write a bad review. In other words they are part of this false advertising of the rooms and don’t back the clients, and neither requires some sort of professionalism from the hotels that they’ve chosen to collaborate with. This whole issue really affected our stay, and the staff were so aware of this which makes it even worse since they were almost laughing in our faces saying “yes sorry we know but you will get compensation don’t worry”.  I was so looking forward to spending some quality time with my daughter, and had saved up so we could spoil ourselves for once. (Attached pictures is what we booked vs. what we got) Oh yeah- and other thing. They let outside visitors pay for beach beds that were promised to clients of the hotel, which a few times led to hotel guest not having space. Didn’t happen to us because we were up in the morning placing towels out like some others, which we shouldn’t have to do if it works as it should and you can trust that there will be room as promised. Awfully greedy staff!

Date of stay: January 2024