“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My hubbie and I did this on our honeymoon as we love Thai food and I loved the idea that hubbie might whip me up a quick red curry on our return home, wishful thinking :) I have put my knowledge to good use and cooked the dishes I learned with great success. The team are very professional and explained the ingredients that could be substituted if we couldn't find traditional ingredients. Thanks so much we had so much fun.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank PaulyPauly1970

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful, tasty, simple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Wow. The reviews are good for a reason. This small outfit is just wonderful. I arrived last for the class and the staff were very friendly and a little bit cheeky/funny which really appealed to my sense of humour. Put me in a great space straight away.

This is a professional setup, if you ask me. Every day offers a lunch and evening session. The menus are online so you know what you are cooking ahead of time. Learning how to make a curry paste is a must! So easy and so worth it.

I went for the Saturday evening session which included red curry duck, pad Thai with prawns, and pork and vegetables in oyster sauce. The chef was very thorough and whilst I found it a bit slow, I did learn a lot about the ingredients and combinations. Importantly, I know what I need to look for when I go home. I also know what will and won't work for substitutions.

A lot of time is spent preparing food, but this is normal in my experience. When you finally get to the cooking stage, you're nearly done! A big heads up - you make a mountain of food. You can invite a friend to join you at the end for the meal which I would recommend. You will be so proud of what you've made and it will be worth sharing. What you don't eat you can take with you.

I like that when you make your own food you can directly control the heat. And the resulting flavors are amaaaaazing. I also feel a lot more confident using oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and other condiments often used in south east Asian cooking.

SITCA gets a BIG tick from me. I'll be back!

1 Thank Ren H
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing 6 day's course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

There aren't anough words to describe how professional this guy are.
Me and my wife had the six days chef's course we've been a group of 3 and our teacher was the head chef of the Institute.
She and her team just know how to get it done, they work as a team and never miss a thing.
We learned some thing like 10 original thai dishes a day and we got to all the details we needed.

Thank you very much for one of the most wonderful Experience that thailand has to offer.

Amazing!!!!

3 Thank omer z
Columbus, Ohio
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“One of our favorite experiences in Thailand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Whether you like Thai food, enjoying learning new cooking techniques or just find yourself in Koh Samui, you have to visit this cooking school! It was one of our must amazing experiences we had during our entire visit to Thailand and very well worth it! You learn the basics of Thail cooking as well as several of the techniques they use to make these tasty dishes. The cooking school offers a variety of classes, so choosing one may be difficult, but the instructors are engaging and work hard to keep you interested. We wish we would've taken more of the classes.

We made three different dishes as well as making Thai red chili paste from scratch. It was so rewarding to take all of the ingredients and pound them together into this fantastic paste. All of the ingredients are fresh and partially prepared for you. You make one dish at a time and then taste them after each dish is done. At the end of the class you are taken upstairs where you can sit together and enjoy your creations! BEWARE - you will make a LOT of food! Unfortunately, our resort didn't provide a place we could reheat our dishes, so the only regret we have from this school is that we couldn't share the making of the dishes. (Each dish is approximately 2-3 servings and each person makes three different dishes! We could've eaten for a week!)

Allow at least three hours for the cooking school and go hungry! The school offers a small store with seasonings, cooking utensils and more. Each participate gets a small cookbook with the recipes and a DVD with an overview of the cooking instructions, which is a great momento to take home and remember your experience. The school is clean and well organized too, so don't worry that you'll be anywhere questionable. Definitely give this place a try! You'll be very happy that you did!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank gjscraftygirl
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Definitely earns it #1 rating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My boyfriend got me this course for my birthday during our holiday in ?Thailand and it was one of the best things we did! The facility is so well organised and clean. We were in a group of 6 which was a nice size. One chef was teaching us while the rest (about 5 of them!) brought us our ingredients and cleared away making everything easy and efficient.
The food was very easy to make and tasty. Once we had finished cooking our dishes we all sat together and ate then there was chance to shop for all the ingredients we would need to make our own dishes! We got given the recipes for the days dishes we had chosen but also bought the book with every single recipe in.
This was initially a gift for me but my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed it and was really glad he had done it as well :)

Visited March 2014