“Fantastic culinary experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 209 helpful votes
“Fantastic culinary experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Voicing the words of most of the people here, worth every dollar and a must for any foodie. We were mostly beginners having never cooked Thai food and the class was very informative. Loads of food afterwards so please ask your friends and family to come! I loved that we all had our own equipment and tools as well as the take home recipe book. We were a group and looked after so well by Roongfa. One of the best memories I have of Koh Samui!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank leanne_pearc

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The cooking lesson was well structured and a good mix of hands on and theory. Being a very basic cook, I was amazed at the quality of the food that I was able to produce with their instruction. The staff were great and the teacher very knowledgeable. I highly recommend this course to anyone with a passion for good food.

Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My hubbie and I did this on our honeymoon as we love Thai food and I loved the idea that hubbie might whip me up a quick red curry on our return home, wishful thinking :) I have put my knowledge to good use and cooked the dishes I learned with great success. The team are very professional and explained the ingredients that could be substituted if we couldn't find traditional ingredients. Thanks so much we had so much fun.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank PaulyPauly1970
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful, tasty, simple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Wow. The reviews are good for a reason. This small outfit is just wonderful. I arrived last for the class and the staff were very friendly and a little bit cheeky/funny which really appealed to my sense of humour. Put me in a great space straight away.

This is a professional setup, if you ask me. Every day offers a lunch and evening session. The menus are online so you know what you are cooking ahead of time. Learning how to make a curry paste is a must! So easy and so worth it.

I went for the Saturday evening session which included red curry duck, pad Thai with prawns, and pork and vegetables in oyster sauce. The chef was very thorough and whilst I found it a bit slow, I did learn a lot about the ingredients and combinations. Importantly, I know what I need to look for when I go home. I also know what will and won't work for substitutions.

A lot of time is spent preparing food, but this is normal in my experience. When you finally get to the cooking stage, you're nearly done! A big heads up - you make a mountain of food. You can invite a friend to join you at the end for the meal which I would recommend. You will be so proud of what you've made and it will be worth sharing. What you don't eat you can take with you.

I like that when you make your own food you can directly control the heat. And the resulting flavors are amaaaaazing. I also feel a lot more confident using oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and other condiments often used in south east Asian cooking.

SITCA gets a BIG tick from me. I'll be back!

1 Thank Ren H
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing 6 day's course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

There aren't anough words to describe how professional this guy are.
Me and my wife had the six days chef's course we've been a group of 3 and our teacher was the head chef of the Institute.
She and her team just know how to get it done, they work as a team and never miss a thing.
We learned some thing like 10 original thai dishes a day and we got to all the details we needed.

Thank you very much for one of the most wonderful Experience that thailand has to offer.

Amazing!!!!