“Really friendly and helpful staff”

and 1 more site!
Chaweng Beach Hotel
Ranked #65 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
“Really friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I stayed here high season and I have to be honest for what I paid I was expecting a bit more 'character' as they say. I've stayed in places for less and got more throughout high season. As it was Christmas I decided to treat myself to a nice hotel and blew my budget a bit. this really is just basic for what you pay. I was also a bit disappointed that wifi was not included.
Great bits- clean room, comfy bed, comfy pillows, clean bathroom, house keeping every day, free water, really great staff very helpful. Great location a short walk to the popular places, arkbar, green Mongos etc. also the beach is not even a 5 minute walk.
if it were cheaper I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank TravellingJanieBear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Reception staff were amazing, so helpful! My girlfriend locked her keys in her suitcase to which she needed to unlock her case, and the young man at reception spent about 10 minutes with hammer and pliers trying to break the lock, which he managed, then walked out not expecting a tip or anything ... Just really helpful! (We gave him a tip though!)
It's about 5 minute walk from ark bar where we spent most evenings and most days, it' has a great swimming pool there and amazing beach parties on Wednesdays and Fridays, but if your like us and on a budget can't afford the prices! Our friends stayed there and they had small rooms than us, same television and smaller beds than ours ... So it's really great value for money ...
We booked one night and ended up staying for 3 nights, then stayed 1 more night as a stop over to get the ferry the next morning as we moved down the coast to lamai for a few days.
Really worth staying at this hotel, and we will return in the near future for sure .... And you get breakfast ....

Room Tip: Ark bar is the place to go for the nightlife ...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnglover92
Israel
Reviewed 3 November 2012

stayed for 11 days, from october 24 2012.
payed about 650 BHT with breakfast.
the hotel is nice, simple, clean, central and cheap.
security and reception 24 hours. very clean.
the breakfast was poor- watermelon, 2 slices of bread, coffe and juice. we stopped going to breakfast after 2nd night.
on the center of Chaweng beach everything by walk. surprisingly very quiet.
would recommend this place for this price.

Room Tip: the difference between standart and exclusive room is just the window. choose standart room on the b...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maaianr
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed here with my partner in 2010 and we were both mightily impressed about the cleanliness, location, friendliness of staff and most of all the price.

It's completely no frills but did the job of accommodating us on a shoestring budget, there's no real fancy features, but if you want somewhere to get your head down, this place is fine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan F
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Very clean room, nice decor and a good bathroom. Lovely breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately WiFi wasn't free but it was still cheap enough. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2011

we were in Samui for a wedding. We opted for a cheaper hotel to teh rest of the wedding party in order to afford a longer stay in thailand.

The Chaweng Beach Hotel was ok, clean rooms and friendly staff. Although breakfast wasn't included with our rate the breakfasts were cheap and quite delicious. The staff were also very nice and helpful.

There is a free safe in each room however ours kept breaking through no fault of our own and we were forced to pay for an engineer to come out. Having already alerted the staff to the fact our safe wouldn't close we felt like we had to pay for the safe to be fixed. It broke again on our 2nd last night so we kept quiet and hoped for the best, thankfully nothing was stolen!

There are computers in reception which you can pay to use, the internet was slow if it was working at all. I would suggest you visit a cafe if you need to get online as there is no free wifi.

The location was great for us as our friends were staying in another hotel just a few minutes away so we used their pool each day. That said the beach is not far away and is very pretty.

I didn't really find that i settled in Chaweng, i felt like there was someone always out to rip me off and was on guard all the time. I didn't see any trouble though a friend was robbed on a night out.
It's what you would expect for such a touristy location i suppose.

Overall the rooms were clean, the staff were friendly but it's an average hotel. Our room looked out onto the main street which was quite noisy but we were hardly there so it didn't matter that much.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Arrived late from the airport staff helpfull on check in with one caveat. I was told if I wan't to bring a girl back its ok just give us 200 baht.

Needless to say this does not make one feel they are in upscale establishment.

On the upside for the money excellet size room OK shower (although i did jet was a very dusy vent.) .

Good qulaity room safe.

A breakfast was provided which was in my view good considering what I was paying.

Location in Chaweng short walks to restaurants and countless Tailors offering you cheap suit deals.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Behind The Scene Hotel Club @ Samui
Montien House
Montien House
#74 of 187 in Bophut
Baan Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Chaweng Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!