“Not on the beach”

Chaweng Beach Hotel
Ranked #60 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Based on the name of the hotel and their deceiving web profile I assumed this hotel was on the beach, which it was not. While the staff weren't rude in anyway they certainly weren't helpful either every question we asked was met with a confused look and no response. We would leave our room for about 8 hours during the day and return to it still dirty bed unmade no new water. It wasn't awful but there are plenty of nicer hotels in the area with pools and beach access. Unless you are just looking for a super cheap extremely basic hotel I would avoid this place.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jennette C

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Do not be decieved by the name of this hotel. It is not on the beach. We were laughed at when asked if there was a pool. Service was awful. Our room floor was covered in ants. Our sheets were never changed. Wifi was not working. Shower pressure so low you can barely shampoo your hair. The staff were not helpful with tours or booking ferrys. I can only think of a few hostels ive stayed in that were worse then this.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Tessa A
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The hotel as such is pretty basic and adequate, and comes with breakfast. I stayed there during the new year weekend so could only book the standard room. I was afraid of the size of the room. Surprisingly enough the standard room is pretty spacious. I had friends staying in a deluxe room which was not very different, except that their room had a huge window facing the street whereas standard rooms have a small window facing the back of the hotel towards an alley. Location wise the hotel is well situated. A 7-eleven across the road makes things extremely convenient. I think the housekeeping staff are told only to tend to the rooms when there is a "make up my room" sign on the door. The idea that the default setting for the staff is "do not disturb", we did have to go up and down a bit to get bottles of water and some new towels.

On our last day, we had checked out to catch the boat to Koh Phangan but had to return due to a thunderstorm. Although the rooms were not available, the staff did let us keep our bags at the reception and offered us towels (soaking wet due to the thunderstorm). The staff were extremely courteous towards us as we were loitering around the lobby. Overall, a good experience. The only down side is that the wi-fi isn't free, even for the hotel guests. But highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yash G
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I stayed here high season and I have to be honest for what I paid I was expecting a bit more 'character' as they say. I've stayed in places for less and got more throughout high season. As it was Christmas I decided to treat myself to a nice hotel and blew my budget a bit. this really is just basic for what you pay. I was also a bit disappointed that wifi was not included.
Great bits- clean room, comfy bed, comfy pillows, clean bathroom, house keeping every day, free water, really great staff very helpful. Great location a short walk to the popular places, arkbar, green Mongos etc. also the beach is not even a 5 minute walk.
if it were cheaper I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TravellingJanieBear
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Reception staff were amazing, so helpful! My girlfriend locked her keys in her suitcase to which she needed to unlock her case, and the young man at reception spent about 10 minutes with hammer and pliers trying to break the lock, which he managed, then walked out not expecting a tip or anything ... Just really helpful! (We gave him a tip though!)
It's about 5 minute walk from ark bar where we spent most evenings and most days, it' has a great swimming pool there and amazing beach parties on Wednesdays and Fridays, but if your like us and on a budget can't afford the prices! Our friends stayed there and they had small rooms than us, same television and smaller beds than ours ... So it's really great value for money ...
We booked one night and ended up staying for 3 nights, then stayed 1 more night as a stop over to get the ferry the next morning as we moved down the coast to lamai for a few days.
Really worth staying at this hotel, and we will return in the near future for sure .... And you get breakfast ....

Room Tip: Ark bar is the place to go for the nightlife ...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnglover92
Reviewed 3 November 2012

stayed for 11 days, from october 24 2012.
payed about 650 BHT with breakfast.
the hotel is nice, simple, clean, central and cheap.
security and reception 24 hours. very clean.
the breakfast was poor- watermelon, 2 slices of bread, coffe and juice. we stopped going to breakfast after 2nd night.
on the center of Chaweng beach everything by walk. surprisingly very quiet.
would recommend this place for this price.

Room Tip: the difference between standart and exclusive room is just the window. choose standart room on the b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maaianr
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed here with my partner in 2010 and we were both mightily impressed about the cleanliness, location, friendliness of staff and most of all the price.

It's completely no frills but did the job of accommodating us on a shoestring budget, there's no real fancy features, but if you want somewhere to get your head down, this place is fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
P&P Samui Resort
Baan Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa
Nora Lakeview Hotel
Nora Lakeview Hotel
#67 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Chaweng Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!