“Amazing!!!”
Review of Jungle Club

Jungle Club
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 19 January 2013

One of our best finds on the island after 3 trips.
The views are truly stunning and the prices are good.
It's a giant pain to get there but they can come and pick you up in 4x4 if you make a reservation beforehand.
We went there for food and a few drinks but the reason to go is really the view of the sea with Chaweng beach.
I can easily say that this would be the best place for a romantic dinner on the whole island (from what I know).

I don't know too much about the bungalows but form what I could see they seemed to be in good condition.
Swimming pool with massage sala overlooks the bay and they have torches a little bit all over the place during night time.

We went with a group of 4 people and all of us loved it there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoofzoof

Reviewed 11 January 2013

The food fantastic views are stunning a must do on your list in koh samui go about 5.30
Staff are very attentive and Lilly the puppy dog was entertaining.
Had the best Italian white ever and wasn't even expensive all drinks and food about $120 for 4 people and we were there about 4 hrs

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank badguysb
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Having read the other reviews again after coming here I would have to agree with most of them in that this is a truly amazing location but hair raising indeed it get too!

As a solo traveller I would also suggest two days here is enough. I had booked for longer but after two days was ready to go back to beach and see more of island. The club offer you free transport down at 10.30 which is great and also at 6pm but for three days running they didn't come til 6.30pm which is a little annoying if you have rushed to get there. Or just come for a day and have food /enjoy the view.

The jungle house is lovely accommodation too and infinity pool is perfect. Beware of the insects though from 4pm onwards be sure to have protection on or you will get bitten!!

Some staff also do struggle with English which can make them come across as a little off at times. Also you pay 200bht for wifi here and it goes off a lot!!

One other small thing is i was told on arrival I would need to change rooms twice despite booking few weeks prior. On the morning I was due to move after packing up I was then told I could stay where I was (which was great) but then I unpacked and then next day was asked to move again as a family where coming bad and wanted two houses next to each other. I wouldn't have minded moving if had been told in advance of arriving

Also be good to have instructions for safe in room. I had problems with mine and asked for two days for help and waited but noone came. It was sorted eventually but only as I was moving rooms.

All in all jungle club is definitely worth a visit. But I think for longer stays more suited to couples or families.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LizNorthWest
Reviewed 2 January 2013

- When we arrived we received a bamboo hut that wasn't comfortable. No windows in bathroom and no door that separate this to the room.

+ We asked to change and upgrade to a better room and staff made it possible. The upgraded room was very nice and beautiful.

+ The place is located in one of the most beautiful place of ko samui. We celebrated New Years Eve and had a view on all fireworks over the hills.

- You have to keep in mind that you have to pay for everything: the shuttle that takes you up and down the hills, the internet, the breakfast. What isn't quiet common in Thailand.

+ The Thai staff is nice and friendly but we feel pressure from French Manager.

We recommend this place if you seek for a quiet and relaxing place.

Room Tip: - Don t take the bamboo hut if you seek for comfort and no insects - upgrade rooms are nice and hav...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PrincipessaLili
Reviewed 23 December 2012

When I booked this place after CNN called it "best of the cheap places on Koh Samui" I expected something better than hostels but not as good as a hotel. In fact I would choose this place every time if I could come back to Samui no matter my budget. Location wise, can't be beaten as it looks down into Chaweng and across to Phangan. Rooms are good and fit naturally into the jungle environment. The food is very good, so much so that I didn't need to go down into town for two straight days for food since it is more than good enough. Where they really shine is in service. The people here (I wouldn't say staff since they became friends) are all super helpful, friendly and a joy to be around. Can't recommend it enough and although normally I would rather keep the place quiet, these guys deserve every plaudit they get!!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Milanista
Reviewed 14 December 2012

After 2 weeks of binge drinking in Bangkok and the islands, me and 2 other friends thought this would be a good place to finish off our holiday in style. The day of our arrival, I had the worst hangover of the holiday, but as soon as we got there, I was so taken aback by the incredible view that I forgot all about the squirrel in my head trying to claw its way out.

This was the most memorable 3 days of my holiday - the view, the huts/rooms, the pool and the food. The staff are very friendly and always making jokes. We had a problem with our toilet and they immediately sorted it out. The infinity pool is small, but really great.

Two drawbacks:
1. It's quite far from Chaweng (10-15 min drive), so if you're wanting to go to the bars in the evening you have to call them to pick you up (regular taxis can't get to the resort because of the bumpy and really steep hills leading up to the resort). This isn't a problem for them but it is quite expensive (can't remember exactly how much)...by expensive, I mean expensive in Thai money...in English/US etc money it's a cheap taxi ride! However, they do offer a free ride into Chaweng in the morning and then pick up early evening. If you want to go in at another time during the day their taxi ride is fairly cheap.
2. No aircon in the room - they do have fans though.

I would thoroughly recommend getting up one morning to watch the sunrise - it really is out of this world.

We were there for 3 days and that was just about enough - any more than 4-5 days and I think you might get a bit bored. If you go to this place, you will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and get a better room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank WillGo12
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stylish white bungalow,neat swimming pool,super fantastic sea and city view,green garden,enjoy with friends and family,chill out environment, calamari with singha beer,friendly staffs....what else do we need?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family