“It's a place where dreams are made of! A must!!”
Review of Jungle Club

Jungle Club
Ranked #28 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My friend and I booked the Jungle Club last minute and I'm so very glad we did. We arrived in Ko Samui and were picked up in an army truck which took us to the top of the mountain to what can only be described as paradise. When I arrived I was overwhelmed by the views, they really take your breath away and the atmosphere was amazing. We were shown to our Jungle Lodge by a member of staff with a parrot on his shoulder and just as he was opening the doors to our beautiful lodge I actually cried - it was just so perfect.

Everything about The Jungle Club is amazing. The family who run it are fantastic and really understand the term, "guest experience". The family pets, Lady the Parrot and Lucy the little dog were fantastic.

The whole vibe of The Jungle Club was centered around relaxation. They have huge big beanbags and low level coffee tables, hammocks, floor cushions and lots of comfy outdoor spaces to relax. A lot of people spent time in the communal areas relaxing on their beanbags eating and drinking. The music was just right, the food and the cocktails were fantastic!

The room itself was beautiful and very clean. Our balcony had a comfy sofa and floor cushions on it and the view from the terrace was "wow".

The only slight little niggle with The Jungle Club was that it was a bit of a trek if you wanted to go into Koh Samui for a night out. A lot of the taxi's will not take you to the top of the Jungle Club and you have to call ahead to the 24/7 service at the hotel to ask them to come and collect you. We had a slight issue in that the taxi driver told us he'd called the hotel but hadn't actually and we were left at the bottom of the hill in the dark at 5am not knowing what to do.

I'm planning my trip back as we speak. During my trip to Dubai and Thailand I've stayed in over 6 different hotels, mainly 4 & 5 star and this hotel had to be my highlight.

I didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: The Jungle Lodges are stunning and not expensive. The views from the Jungle Lodges are fantastic an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruizzu
There are newer reviews for Jungle Club

Reviewed 14 January 2014

A year on and this place is still amazing, moreso now given they have expanded the place a little bit. They still have the awesome staff there and that is what gives them the edge over even 5 star resorts. One thing that has changed however is that there are a lot more people that come to this place to spend the day or for food, which means it tends to "feel" busier than the number of guests would imply. However, this certainly doesn't detract from the still amazing experience. Grudgingly highly highly recommended (given I would want there to be space for me every time I want to go!).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Milanista
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for two nights and booked different accommodation.
First a jungle hut (cheap as) which was really cute and clean. No hot water but you don't really need it. I stayed in a jungle house the following night (last minute choice on my part so that was the only option available) which was a much higher standard and very lovely as well.
The staff is friendly when you treat then nicely and yes they have issues with punctuality but at the end of the day I was on holidays so i did not care if the free pick up service from the beach was late. Just factor it in if you have a plane to catch and always book your pick up/drop offs through reception as the drivers might agree with your request but if they don't get the order from the boss they won't come!
Overall a very positive experience and omg the views are amazing and the food delicious.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Me and my girlfriend spent over just over a week on koh samui, first 2 nights were spent down in chewang, after 2 nights amoungst the crazy back backer scene, we made our way to the jungle club, The road up to the jungle club is steep but exciting, and the driver is only ever a phone call away. As for the jungle club its self, its the perfect get away for a relaxing stay, the bungalow we stayed in was spacious and well kept. we did have a resident gheko, but that just added charm to the place, after all they do get rid of the insects for you,

we loved the jungle club so much we extended our stay for an extra few nights

the food is great, the pool is gorgeous, and the staff were all amazing.

thanks for a great stay. i will most deffnitly be back

Devin and abbi

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devinjdavies
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This place is really chill. The view is amazing and the resort overall is beautiful, from the garden, to the pool. Overall, we were thrilled with our experience and would definitely go back for a longer stay.
There are 2 different types of rooms : luxurious or easy going. We were in the easy going huts. Very natural bamboo huts with the minimal but functionnal furnitures and assets.
The beds have moskito nets, there's a working fan and the huts are far enough from the pool and bar so you can have a quite night of sleep. The bathrrom could have used just a little bit of an upgrade but it works fine. The food is EXCELLENT and we have tried some thai specialities that were hard to found elsewhere. The staff was also very cool, very friendly and laidback.
It is quite a hastle to get up the hill and I would not recommend to get there with a scooter but they can come pick you up if you need it from your first arrival and also have a taxi service free of charge at settled hours (you have to pay outside those hours). The restaurant is quite pricy for the area but the view and the atmosphere up there is so chill and amazing that we didn't even want to go somewhere else for dinner at night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Usually when people hear the word Samui, they picture an island along the likes of Ibiza where the amount of tourists outnumbers the locals, scams going on everywhere and a whole bunch of drunk 18 year olds on their first holiday. Much as I love the island, a lot of it is exactly like that.
However, make your way up to the Jungle Club to find yourself on a lovely decorated pontoon overlooking the madness which is Chaweng beach whilst listening to some chilled out music with an equally chilled beer or cocktail.
It's a great place to get away from it all for a few hours and although I have not stayed there, the bungalows were nicely spaced out from one another and away from the restaurant/bar area to offer the residents even more peace and quiet (if that's even possible).
The prices for drinks and food were good and the quality... well let's just say that I'm sure it was good but I was too busy looking at the sea stretched out a couple of miles below us to really care.

The only downside is the road to get there but at the same time, it's what makes this place so good. Although I'm sure it's possible to do this in a normal car, we had a pick-up truck and that was perfect. I would not recommend anyone doing this on a scooter unless you want to leave a little part of yourself on the side of the mountain. Even by foot it would be a hike more akin to rock climbing.
Either get them to pick you up or go with your own 4x4.

Also, bring some mosquito repellent if you're planning on staying there during the evening.

All in all, great little place and very much worth the visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Had an evening with friends (8 in total). Dinner was served at a table with breathtaking views and a cool breeze. When the food turned up it was fantastic….

The service was… uncomfortable to say the least. We were the last in the place at 8pm, and as soon as we had ordered the waiters started clearing the other tables and chairs away, getting ready to shut up shop. When we had finished the main course we were offered dessert and then quickly had the offer withdrawn, as a call from the bar declared the kitchen was closed… not great service.

Room Tip: Save your money and eat else where
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends