Baan Sukreep - Zen Garden Cottages
The Sarann(Chaweng)
Jungle Club(Chaweng)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjean lucthe main roadchaweng noiimpiana hotelthe main areaspeaceful resortsmall poolliving rooma short taxi ridebed was comfortablethe air conditioningpleasant staygreat place to stayrecommend this resortthe hustle and bustlebeautiful beachmotorbike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed at Baan Sukreep for 5 nights in March 2013 and had a great time, the 4 of us. The bungalows were small, but clean and with a very good bed, the pool is a great addition, we spent some lovely evenings by the pool and Alain and the staff were very wellcoming giving us the tips and tricks for Samui. The breakfast was basic, similar to other budget places we stayed at in Thailand, one day we also got lunch and the food was very good. We chose the place based on photos and reviews and we were not dissapointed. It is at a 5 minutes walk to the beach, the lovely quiet beach at Chaweng Noi. It is a bit far from the action in Chaweng (but you can get there by taxi or mini bus) but we preferred the romantic dinners on the beach and hanging out by the pool to the noise and mixed crowd in Chaweng.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The Baan Sukreep resort is a quiet and peaceful accommodation around 5 minutes from the beach and a 10 minute drive into the main part of Chaweng. In this way, you get the best of the quiet part of the beach at Chaweng-noi (which is nicer than the main part of the beach) whilst being close enough to the main part of town to go out in the evening (10 minutes, 100-200 baht).

The resort itself is in a quite location, a short walk from the main road. This means that it's convenient for resting and sleeping, and the pool area is good for relaxing. The bungalows are small but comfortable, with air conditioning that actually cools the space (not always the case in other hotels). The bathroom is fine and every bungalow has a fridge. Nearby in Chaweng-noi there are several nice restaurants which seem more 'local' and authentic than in the main part of Chaweng; they're also better value.

The staff are charming and the owner is friendly and extremely helpful with lots of advice and guidance on where to visit/eat etc.

I would definitely book again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have been at Baan Sukreep for four nights at the end of february 2013.
Of course my excellent judgement is related to the price, not very expensive as other places in Samui. Most of all, I rember the good athmosphere of this place.
The resort is located in a very quiet position, on the first hill behind Chaweng, but just 30 seconds by motorbike from the main road. So, the right compromise between relax and silence from one hand, and all the facilities of the town on the other hand.
The sea is only 2 minutes far, in the south part of Chaweng, with blue sea and a pleasant beach.
The resort is very small, but charming. Just five bungalows and a couple of apartments, with a small but nice swimmingpool with Jacuzzi, and a common area for breakfast and restaurant.
I stayed in a apartment, so I can't judge how's the quality of bungalows (anyway I think they are cheaper).
The garden is magnificient and well conserved.
Mr. Alain, the owner it's a nice person and he knows suggest you the best things in rapport to your...idea of Samui.
In Baan Sukreep you don't feel as in a resort, but in a sort of private area.
Very suggested.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Our holiday was split between bangkok, ko sumui and ko phangan, so we decided to book different interesting places to stay. Our first impression on arriving to ko sumui airport was wow this is lovely, then we get ripped off being told our taxi to our resort will be 500bht (seemed a bit extravigent seeing as it wasnt that far away and we didnt pay anything like that in bangkok for longer journeys. We was told we couldnt go in the mini bus (100bht) as it couldnt go up the hill to baan sukreep, this we found out later when we returned from ko phangan back to baan sukreep to be untrue! We booked a villa for 4 nights, was greeted by Alain who was very accomodating and when we informed him the television didnt work (not that we really watched it) he came to fix it straight away. The villa was spacious but a bit dated. Breakfast very basic, you could order more but extra cost, coffee-yuk! It is very tranquail staying here, lovely quiet soothing music, sounds of birds etc Insect repellent is a must at night, and a torch if you are going to eat in the beach restaurants, because the walk back is partly in the dark! Easy to walk to the beach, we cut through the Impiana hotel. We didnt hire scooters on this island as it seemed very busy and was told of soo many accidents, we later did that on ko phangan (another review written- couldnt fault ko phangan wonderful place)
We chose not to eat here at night, slightly higher in price and you have to let them know in the morning if you will be eating there at night! Following our stay on ko phangan we returned for one night at baan sukreep and was given a bungalow- how glad am i it was only for one night. Very cramped, very old fasioned although looks lovely from the outside. Air condition was so noisy i couldnt sleep and had to turn it off and roast instead. No hot water from the shower, and as it was the last night before our long trip home the next day to England I was hoping for a good night sleep- wrong ...a french family was staying next door with young children and thought it appropriate to play ball games in the pool at 1am!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up getting up and moaning (which i would never normally do) but id just about had enough after half hour. No apologies from anyone in the morning. Would I recommend this place? Yes if you want a quick stop-over in peaceful surroundings, but book the villa if you want space!
I must mention though, i could not fault the staff at all, except to say I wouldve thought they would have had a word with the french family who were being totally inconsiderate!

Room Tip: Choose a villa
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angie c
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed here one night based on positive reviews. The woman running the desk has an apparent going with her "taxi driver" boyfriend. She called him to drive me to the 10 minute airport drive and told me it would be 400 baht (overpriced based on my 2 weeks knowledge of Thailand). When he showed up, he drove me there and then refused to accept 400 baht, demanding 500 from me. I said we agreed on 400 at the hotel and so he dialed his girlfriend at reception who lied to me and suddenly said it was 500. Here's the next part that is EXTREMELY TROUBLING. I got fed up with the scam and shoved the 500 baht toward him just to get away from him as he was becoming scary. At that point he jumped over the front seat and HIT ME (yes I am a woman). He threatened to punch me and to call the police. The tourist police at the Bangkok airport said I had to press charges "with my assailant" back in Chaweng which is ridiculously unrealistic since he was violent. Regarding the other aspects of the hotel, there was nobody working at the restaurant the night arrived, and the TV didn't work. It was located 30 minute walk from shopping and 10 minute walk from beach. I hope the owners take swift action.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank J J
baansukreepresort, Owner at Baan Sukreep - Zen Garden Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Your review caught all our attention but contains numerous errors,voluntary or not.
1)Thai people are charming and honest..if you have had some problems it's necessary to think about your own behavior.2)Our staff receives only compliments but cannot defend behavior despicable.3)The distances you speak about are.. fanciful,unless you move with a rolling chair,:the first shop is at 10 min by walk(max.) and the beach at 4 min by walk.you can read that on each review.4)Sometimes,the restaurant is closed..let read the advice..and a lot of restaurants are open and staying at 4 min by walk.5)All of the t.v are working(we have checked).but in one night ,not easy to understand how it' working.A review like your ,having stayed one night,is..irresponsible.
Thanks.