“Disappointing!”

Ranked #55 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Montreal, Canada
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

We were expecting a bit more comfort when checking in at Tango in December 2012.
It looks like it was once a place to go. It's now a bit out dated. Rooms are a bit small and humid, and smelled like humidity.
The service is very good and the staff is great. It's also right on the beach.

• Stayed December 2012
Tangobeach, Aung, at Tango Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear 1zzy,
Thank you for choosing Tango Beach Resort for your stay and for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad that you found our services and staffs to your liking even though our room status did not meed your requirements. Tango has been serving and accommodating thousands of our valued guests from all over the globe and from all walks of life and we must admit it's a bit old. However, we have done everything in our capacity to keep it on the go and this includes our future plans for complete refurbishments in all areas and beacuse of that I am positive in your next visit you will find Tango refreshed and ever welcoming as always. We look forward to the honor of being you as a vip and witness should your next visit bring you to our resort once again. With best wishes in your business and personal endeavors.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Small resort but good features. Beach front property, room were big and great for me, but sometimes it could be disturbing when you were on your shower time then suddenly some weirdo insect pop up in the middle of nowhere. Love the pool, it changed colours during night.Not much complain but the only thing I don't really like the receptionist during morning shift, not a friendly face compared to the one in the afternoon, forgot her name, i like to see that lady served you better compare to the morning one. Working in customer service industry should take note on serving people precisely especially tourist with warm welcoming to the country. Its very bad to leave such imprint to the tourist travelled over. This place is walking distance from the main Chaweng street, nightlife and good restaurants about 10-15 mins, if will be good if you rent a scooter and ride over. The beach was great, cocktails and beers were very cheap during happy hour. I had my late afternoon chilling and relaxing at their private beach, it was great. Overall worth the money you spent.

Room Tip: Stroll over the neighbouring restaurant, it is much cheaper than the hotel's restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dygmaisarah
Tangobeach, Aung, Guest Relations at Tango Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear Ms. Maisarah, Thank you for sparing some of your precious moments to share your experience. First and foremost, we thank you for choosing Tango Beach for your stay. We know that you had a variety of hotels to choose from and we are honored that you have selected our Resort.
Most of our staffs have been working with us for a long time. We keep regular and happy co-workers who are professional and willing to always do their best. We have however hired several trainees and new co-workers due to the level of occupancy. Even though all information might take time to be gathered to everyone, we acknowledge these weaknesses, and for that we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make a thorough investigation and assure you that these shortcomings will be improved so that this does not happen again at all.
We are glad that you found our resort lovely despite the annoyances and hope that you will give us a second chance to re demonstrate our typical services and skills distinctive and special to Tango Resorts .
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We arrived at Koh Samui from Koh Tao with no pre-booking and landed at this place. At first sight this Resort was warm and looked great. Located right at the Chaweng beach and 10 minutes walk to main Chaweng busy area, place offers great option for those who want to be close to night life and also to those who want to sleep peacefully. Taxi services is right at the gate of hotel including cheap tuk-tuk service available even late at night. Airport is 15 minutes drive. We got a Deluxe room for only THB1,500 per night for 2 including breakfast. Room was 10 meters away from the beach and pool. Room was clean and had all amenities expected from a decent resort/hotels. Bathroom is good size & has separate shower-wash area. Resort staff was courteous and polite.

Pool is good size and has slide for kids. Small facilities like usage of pool at night by request, pool towels etc are taken care of. Walk area in the resort is wooden and trees have roots falling off to the floor which give this resort a modern yet rustic look.

Resort has a nice Bar & Restaurant called 'Lazy Wave' right at the beach and offers variety of options including a romantic dinner at the beach. Sea food is great and they also make changes in curry as per your taste. Breakfast has many options to choose typically from the set menu and is served fresh.

Beach is very pretty and clean. Resort also offers spa service at the beach for THB250 for an hour. You may get more choices of spa and beach restaurants as you walk at the beach. We loved this place. Would highly recommend this resort and we definitely will look to stay at Tango Beach Resort in our next trip.

Room Tip: Opt for Deluxe room as they have more space than Superior Room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Drifterz
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Tango...not the best luxury resort but it has all the basic necessities and is on the perfect spot for sea and to the main attractions of the city. The rooms are clean but have to keep doors shut in the evening as mosquitoes can sometime get in. The pool is nice with changing color lights at night. To us, the staffs were amazingly caring and friendly.The restaurant on the beach is great except a bit more expensive then the neighbors, Breakfast is acceptable. I would certainly recommend for couples who are on a budget but expect what is worth. We will always stay there if we have a chance to visit the island again. It takes two to Tango!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach -Superior Rooms. There is no sea view room. the beach is good to relax not...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew O
jhb south africa
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The most amazing time of our lives! I searched day and night for that perfect place for the perfect price! While in south africa i short listed from 309 resorts and made my top 10! We winged it all the way from take off out of johannesburg! We landed in koh samui early morning and got a taxi to drop us off in mid chaweng! What a cutlure kick, i mean i travel allot as i work for an airline, and was very sceptical at leaving our passports at the motor bike rentals! But it all went well and the best driving experience as everyone has respect on the roads! We drove for 3 hours from resort to resort looking at rooms and pricing,complete dissapointment, until tango ingulfed my eyes and mind! The friendliest greeting, she showed us the rooms and gave us great prices, she even planned to have the two rooms next to each other for us two couples. off we went to fetch our ladies that couldnt wait to see us. The transport from tango drove 5 min with us two go fetch our ladies and luggage! The friendliest service ever! an amazing ambient pool, modern yet island feel facility with breakfast on the beach and a massage in the sea breeze! and the menu is perfectly priced and very tasty! We stayed a total of 8 nights! Which then turned out to be 9 for the better! we struggled to get away for our flight to bangkok, so when we got a taxi and he asked us where to go, we all said together TANGO!!!!as it was my girlfriends birthday! the staff assisted amazingly, from the ladies at the reception, to the gentle man than cleans the pool, to Wai, Joe, Gof and to the best intouch owner ive ever met Chatchai Techasarin, who even offered to help to setup candles in the sand! And how do we miss all of them! Cnt wait for our next trip. See all of you very soon again!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Trust me!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ian l
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I travel a lot and I like staying in different hotels every time and even though I don't write reviews I always check Trip Advisor before I booked a hotel. I received a warm welcoming confirmation email from Tango Beach and I thought I made a better choice. Everything went well from pick up at the airport to check in. The resort was in a good location and the evening receptionist on duty did her part even though she spoke broken English which as in all over Thailand was somehow cute. The room was nice, clean and worth the price with a beautiful swimming pool close by. Things started going bad when it rained for the whole night. I found all my clothes in the wardrobe wet and dirty from the water dripping from the ceiling. And to add to it the toilet didn't flush. This kind of things happen and I can fully understand but hell broke lose when I went to the reception in the morning to tell them of the situation. The receptionist did not greet me (which made me doubt I was even in Thailand) and when I told her my story she pulled a long face and asked me bluntly..room number??? and to my utter surprise, instead of saying anything or attending to my problems started going through my bills. Was she telling me to leave or was it that they don't take complains. I stood there for 25 whole minutes looking at her making calls, gossiping with a face even her mother would vomit. I could have stayed as I like the set ups and would have taken any arrangement from changing rooms or geting things repaired only if she had apologize or even smile. I had read a few reviews of people who faced the same fate(maybe with the same woman) and I was stupid enough to book. I had enough and ask her if she would give me back the refund for the rest of my stay. She keep saying 'cannot agent booking' and started making calls again. Sorry seems to be the hardest word from her mouth. I had to leave- refund or no refund. and my sincere advice to those who are about to choose Tango Beach Resort is ..think twice!!! I'm in a better place Chaweng Cove Resotel; at least a hotel with much more polite, smiling and helpful people. Now this is Thailand!

Room Tip: Think Twice!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kjtb
Tangobeach, Aung, Guest Relations & Reservations at Tango Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear Mr. Kjtb, Thank you for taking such a long time to write a review. First and foremost on behalf of the management and staffs please allow me to apologize for what you experienced on the night of 23rd October and on the morning of 24th October 2012. Our behavior was extremely inappropriate, immature, and lacked the respect you deserved. From your point of view we fully understand that this was truly an unprofessional and unacceptable manner. In the future, we have every intention of curbing our actions and learn to adjust our behavior befitting our valuable guest such as you. It was not our intention to cause any damage or inconvenience.
At Tango Beach Resort, we strive for the perfection of services and the satisfaction of our guest. Unfortunately, due to key staff changes and prolonged renovation works, the issue you had experienced slipped through process. While we have caused this unpleasant experience, we were able investigate and saw where and what went wrong. The dripping water from the ceiling was due to unforeseen heavy rains which also caused the sewage system to over flood. We believe acquiring this insight has allowed us to learn and prevent similar issues in the future. We have taken extra precautionary measures with regards to room maintenance and sewage systems.
Regarding the behavior of our staff, in retrospect, the situation resulted from the receptionist’s eagerness to help you and overcome your inconveniences which unfortunately was misinterpreted. She was actually felling sorry for the inconveniences you had, our shortfalls and was lost for words at that particular moment. She was in panic and in due course started calling out to the superiors and all department heads concerned to resolve the issue without delay and to further upgrade you into a suite which regretfully did not come in time to prevent you from leaving. While this is by no means an excuse for her behavior, knowing the cause will help her guard against making the same mistakes in future. She will be taken full action for the lack of service and professionalism.
We guarantee that we will not let this problem persist. To ensure that this does not happen again, we are creating in house training sessions to return us to the high-level of quality and service our guests deserve.We look forward to having the opportunity to have you back as a guest of ours and allow us to show you the real changes we have made. We wish you all the best.
W.

Travellers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in October 2012. The surroundings are nice with a lovely pool that lights up all different colours at night. It is also is right on the beach which is great. It is however about a 25 min walk from the main nightlife but you can walk straight down the beach maybe stopping at one of the beach bars for a cocktail on the way or you can walk down the road or flag a red taxi bus down for 20bht. The room was clean but basic and very small with no complimentary soap by the sink. Also the toilet didn't flush properly which was unpleasant! We ended up walking down the road and booking in at the Muang Kulaypan which was only £7 a night dearer and 100 times nicer with a bigger pool and splendid rooms.

• Stayed October 2012