The design of the hotel is lovely with nice decked areas going down towards the sea with nice seating areas to chill out and look out.
Lovely bar area with good music. All the staff are really friendly and helpful.
Our room was OK but not anything special;it had a connecting door to next door so we could hear and neighbours moving around ,flushing the toilet at night etc. The outside area had table and chairs behind a bush so we could not see the sea but are seen by everyone walking past. The shower was good and the bed was big and comfortable.
The pool looked nice,but if you tried to sunbath near it people would be walking around you as there was not enough room. The beach is in the shade by the afternoon and you are constantly asked by hawkers to buy something
The free breakfast for the first few days was a buffet with eggs beans bacon potatoes toast, Thai breakfast, which was good. But after a few days they changed it to a ordered breakfast. From then on we got things we did not really want because each plate was the same.
The food in the hotel was very over priced for Thailand, we only made the mistake of eating there once and after that we found eating in town very much cheaper and just as good. There is no free transfer to the airport as we thought.
My partner and I have travelled to Thailand many times over the years and and maybe we have always been very lucky as found this the worst hotel we have stayed in. We hired a scooter and went to ..Chaweng Noi and Bang Rak beaches which are so much nicer, and luckily near by.. (don't go on Lamai beach it is dirty).
We visited Koh Samui 6 years ago and found now it has changed a lot as now there is to many people and hotels plus everything very expensive unlike the other places we have visited in Thailand. It was a good place if you want to get into town and all the action as you can easily walk there and dining on the beach can be fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Beach Resort is located on the north end of Chaweng beach, the quieter end, on the north eastern side of the Island. Only a matter of 5 minutes from the center of Chaweng and only 10 minutes drive to the airport. Chaweng beach is considered the most beautiful beach front on the Island and boasts the most lively day/night life on the Island. Koh Samui is easily accessible by air, train, land and sea, Bangkok airways has 20 plus direct flight a day to and from Bangkok with shortly starting two daily flights. It also have daily flights to Singapore and Phuket Island too and Suratthani airport. With connection to Samui by bus and ferry. Alternatively the train offers 8 daily departures from Bangkok to Suratthani with bus ferry connections. Whichever mode of transport you choose. Tango Beach Resort, Samui is opened almost 10 years. It’s absolute that we have so many friendships from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tango Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Beach Hotel Koh Samui
- Tango Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng