“Very nice budget-friendly resort”
Review of Tango Beach Resort

Tango Beach Resort
Ranked #57 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
“Very nice budget-friendly resort”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a very warm welcome in this beautifull resort. Comfortabele room, nice pool, great breakfast, excellent restaurant, quiet part of chaweng. Very pleasant stay, we booked 1 night and after that immediatly decided to stay at least one week

• Stayed April 2014
PariyaKongdee, Resident Manager at Tango Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Kris V,
Greetings from Koh Samui!
Thank you for your balanced and warm review which is of great value and means a lot to us. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed it so much and found so many positive aspects of our hotel. We all worked very hard to make sure our guests are enjoying their stay and it is very rewarding to see that this reflects in the feedback.
It was a great pleasure to have you both here and we certainly hope you will come back to stay with us again.
Joy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Funchal, Portugal
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hello,we were staying 2 weeks in this resort in 2 rooms..we are family with 3 small kids and my mum came with us too..we really enjoyed the location,it's in chaweng and near walking beach...breakfast was really nice,great option of fruit,cereal,hot breakfast....the rooms are fine with AC.I would like to recommend this resort to family with kids..pool is there with different depths...

Room Tip: front villas are nice:-)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank xcertica
Dear xcertica,
Greetings from Koh Samui!
Thank you very much for your flattering review and all your nice comments about our breakfast, accommodation and location. We are all delighted to hear that you and your family had a splendid stay here with us. We hope that we again in the future can welcome you back to Tango Resorts.
Royston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We loved this place. Stayed in a family apartment which was both comfortable and spacious. Some nice touches of luxury in the room and a verandah outside so could enjoy the fresh air. Air con inside so kept cool.
Tango Beach is not a high end luxury resort, is you would be disappointed if that is what you were expecting. However, as a mid to high range hotel in perhaps the most stunning location, beach 2 minutes and pool 2 minutes from room, with friendly, polite service - you will have an amazing time. The restaurant is excellent, margueritas to die for, the freshest green, red and yellow curries ever, and their egg fried is sublime. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Bit of a drain smell on first arriving but only in one small area - about a metre on the walkway. Do...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear CatherineB1069784
Greetings from Koh Samui. Thailand!
Thank you for having confidence to stay with us and for this kind review. It is always encouraging to receive feedback from our guests and I can assure you that your wonderful words about our restaurant, service, location and accommodation make our job worth while. Thank you again for taking your time to write this review and for your recommendation. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to enjoy our 'margaritas' once again.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I've been koh samui three times and almost ever place I've been too has been great until I stayed at the tango.. The first room they gave me the air conditioner didn't work so I asked to be moved.. The girl at the front desk made me feel like it was a chore .. The second room I got the water taps poured out black water so I nicely asked to change rooms .. The same front desk girl told me she didn't know what to do .. Told her I wouldn't stay there unless they moved me after an hour they finally moved me to third room where the ac only worked sometimes.. The staff was rude and everybody seem to have a scowl on there face .. Would not repeat or recommend to anyone rather stay in a hostel

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Napoleon23
Dear Napoleon23,
Greetings from Tango Beach Resort!
We are truly sorry that you feel we could have been more helpful and wish that you could remember Tango Beach Resort positively.
We are committed to be 100% transparent with our Guests because we believe this way travelers can have a better understanding of how hotels operate and perhaps this will contribute to more enjoyable stays, not just with us but throughout their travels.
Because of the inconveniences caused in your initial room we gave you a complimentary upgrade because we wanted to show that we would like all our guests to have nice memories.
Sometimes air conditions can get a bit noisy than usual and the problem can be rectified by calling our maintenance team who will send an engineer immediately. It was quite disappointed to read that you felt that our staffs were not helpful. I will bring this up in our daily briefing to investigate what could have happened and to make sure it does not happen again.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and for helping us becoming better!
Kind regards,
Joy

Travellers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had 4 night stay in Tango beach resort from Friday 31st of January to 4 of February , the second night I come home late and in my room around 03.30 the morning. I did not fall asleep and around 04.30, there are some short circuit in cables in electrical installation outside my room. This is the same place as my air condition is located and the air condition drags smoke from the short circuit, luckily I smell the smoke and I get out of my room a notice the reception. Before I get the air condition turned off the smoke is so heavy in my room that I can’t breath.
The reception are very slow, and he take no attention to people in the other rooms who potential can be killed in the smoke if there air condition takes in the some to their rooms. After a long argument the receptions start investigate if the rooms next to my room also have smoke inside. Luckily no one get hurt.
But it hard to understand that there no smoke detectors and the reception don't do anything to find out of other have rooms filled with smoke.

After this I will not move into the same rooms, as this is a potential dead trap. After another long discussing with the receptionist, I get moved to another room, even he in the beginning claims that there no other rooms available. The day after I’m asked to PAY for the “upgrade” this I refuse to do before I have talked to the management of the hotel. The next two days im asked to pay for the upgrade, and I repeatedly trying to get in contact with the management but it seems not possible.

This hotel is for sure very dangerous, and I feel lucky that I was not sleep when this happened and was able to get out of my room on my own. The actions around this accident is terrible, and I will never recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. It is dangerous, and the hotel do nothing to protect guess from getting serious injured. The service after the accident was very bad, and that I’m asked to pay for moving to another room I just don’t get it.

I have never in my lift tried an event like this, and I hope I never will again. But to make sure that no one get hurt I will not recommend people never to stay in Tango Beach resort. I feel lucky that I managed to get out of this, but it is not the actions from Tango but pure luck that this not ended very bad.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank kim f
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The worst ever. The air con has never worked. .it was hot as hell. The room is dirty, the breakfast buffet is horrible.
The room haa thin walls and you can hear all sort of noises that other patrons make late at night.
Drank on their bar... ordered double vodka tonic..ans even w three shots but I could hardly taste any alcohol

Don't waste ur money by staying there

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank eurasian_lady
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights here at the resort our room shower had a lot of mold and a very bad smell coming from it. So we mentioned it at the front desk and when they came into the room to look we had to ask her to look she seemed very annoyed and not nice at all. The front desk wasn't too pleasant. The water came very high into the resort beach area that there was no where to lay and tan. Also the food was extra expensive and not very good. It wasn't the worst place ever but it was quite a let down. I wouldn't stay again.

Stayed January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
City Dance Hotel
#76 of 187 in Bophut
Papillon Resort
Papillon Resort
#53 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Tango Beach Resort? Share your experiences!