“Great Room - ideal for Honeymoon & Couples”
Review of The Sarann

The Sarann
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at The Saran for 2 nights in the Jacuzzi Suite during our Honeymoon in Samui. The first look at the room blows your mind away as the whole room is done of wood with so much space that it makes you feel very royal and grand. The room has very beautiful interiors starting from its entrance which has seating area, the room, bathroom and the jacuzzi area. I strongly reccomend the hotel for -
a. The beauty of the room
b. Proximity to the beach
c. The view from the lobby, there was no view of the sea from our room though
d. The bathtub and jacuzzi are superb and adds the cherry to the cake.

Cons
1. Swimming pool is very uninteresting though placed with a good view, the pool has an awkward shape which looks very univiting since its next to the lobby and the restaurant
2. Next to the main road, some rooms may have noise of cars and bikes speeding creeping into their rooms. We stayed in one of the rooms close to the road however the disturbance at night is very minute and was a non-issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank itssaurabh17

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We did not stay here, just checked for room availability. The receptionist showed us a regular room, a Jacuzzi suite and a private pool room. All seemed to be of very low quality, old and not maintained. The pool also was extremely disappinting - looks like a large bath tub just outside of the loby. The hotel is very far from the main street of Chaweng and there is not much to do in the resort itself or around it. We were very disappinted of what the hotel looks compared to the photos and reviews. We decided to pass and move to another hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Sarann is a great property and an amazing place to stay! I had the absolute pleasure to stay at one of the Jacuzzi Villas during my trip to Koh Samui for my Honeymoon with my husband! Although i had done my research and selected Sarann after much thoughts, i really had to convince my better half that it will be a good property. This is because my decision was purely based on reviews and pictures seen on tripadvisor. But when we reached there just the first view took my breath away! The room, staff and service was absolutely amazing. We just did not feel like leaving the hotel as it had so much to do...just laze around under the sun, watch the calm waves of the sea from a lounge chair or just walk down the almost private beach for a body massage or quick breakfast. All in all an enriching and relaxing experience is what The Sarann left us with. Cheers! Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: choose the jacuzzi villa or the pool villa.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AditiGh0sh
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at the Sarann with my husband in Feb 2013. We stayed for 6 nights and really enjoyed the experience then decided to return after a short trip to Koh Tao for another three nights. On our return we were so terribly disappointed with the hotel and the service. We had to stay in a few different rooms as the hotel was booked. Moving around didnt bother us however
1. When we tried to check in the hotel room was not available until very late that night. The hotel did give us a complimentary massage however there was a miscommunication as my husband and I were under the impression that we would get the first night free due to the massive inconvenience. This did not end up being the case and if we had of known this we would of chosen to stay at another hotel that night
2. The three other rooms we stayed in were horrible and of completely a different standard compared to the room we had on our first visit. They all ranged in price, we stayed at all types of room expect the one that has the private pool.

We had a room with a broken bed and worse than that we had a room that smelt of sewerage. Maintenance came and sprayed the room but again were unable to move us as the hotel was booked out. The smell was just so bad my husband and I didnt sleep. A terrible way to end the trip.

We made numerous complaints to the hotel manager about the room and the hotel manager has never got back to us about this.

The worst part of our stay was our expectation that this hotel was going to be a quiet retreat. This is how it was advertised. We chose to stay away from the main drag for this reason,however this hotel was full of families. With a small pool, I have to say that the worst thing is sharing it with screaming toddlers. And not just one families worth.

As a boutique hotel the service is poor, the tour desk did offer a good service, the food was good but the rooms needed some desperate maintenance given the price.

Over priced for the value and not a quiet boutique experience. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CathrineMcVeigh
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed at The Sarann for the last leg of my Samui trip, and it was definitely a treat. I stayed at 2 different rooms, the first night being the jacuzzi villa, and the last night being the pool villa.

Checking-In
When I arrived into the lobby to check in, my breath was already taken away by the view of the open air lobby. You can get a beautiful view of the beach from the lobby and feel the sea breeze, super lovely and well designed. Check in was smooth and fast.

Jacuzzi Villa
The jacuzzi villa is definitely for a couple who is seeking privacy and seclusion. The spacious room is very low lit and always feels very cozy. The bed is big and comfortable and it was definitely hard to get out of bed. The bathroom is big and spacious, with a very nice bath tub and rain shower. The amenities provided by Crabtree & Evelyn are a nice touch.

The jacuzzi is located outside of the room and it is very spacious. The only downside of this is at the only view is looking out to your private terrace, not the sea.

Pool Villa
What a treat. The pool villa is gorgeous and superb. The villa has 2 divided living spaces, the bedroom and bathroom, and a separate living area, an outdoor terrace and pool. The bedroom and bed looks directly out to the sea so in the morning you can wake up with the sunrise right in front of you. Gorgeous and super spacious bathroom.

The pool is a good size but the step is a bit steep so you have to be careful there. Good thing that it is very private beachfront so it feels as if you are in your own world.

Breakfast was very good, high quality food with a good selection for breakfast.

Had dinner at the restaurant on both nights and service was a bit slow, at times.

Overall the resort is very nice!

Room Tip: - Pool villas offer a beachfront room - Jacuzzi villas are located behind the pool villas so you do...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We went to The Sarann in Dec 2011 - if you want a slice of heaven without having to think about EMIs, this is the place. We took the Pool Villa and it was just awesome. From the bed, the huge wide windows open on to the private pool, beyond which is the sea. No beach, no one interrupting the view. Just fantastic. The food (whatever we had) was good - I remember the crab fried rice was very tasty. The hotel also had a travel desk who will provide cab services at very reasonable rates (in fact, the same rates as the local taxis...and you get a Honda Accord). The Dr. Frog's restaurant (one of the best in Koh Samui) is just a 3 minute walk up the road. Would love to go back.

Room Tip: The Pool Villas are fantastic. But its not heated so be prepared.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed in The Sarann Hotel in may 2012. I love the hotel services & jacuzzi in room. It was fantastic. What impressed me most was I left my gold necklace & Jade pendant in the room & flew back to Malaysia but the management managed to find my gold necklace and arranged it back to me. Really thankful & appreaciate your honesty. Thank you!

Room Tip: Every room has it's own privacy
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple