“Great stay!”
Review of Nora Chaweng Hotel

Nora Chaweng Hotel
Ranked #52 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Came here with friends and stayed 5 days. Location wise was alright, first time I. Koh samui so it was a bot of a walk to clubs bars shops which wasn't that bad. Staff were amazing, so friendly. From the boy who was carrying our luggage, to the girls at the desk, in the restaurant and making up our rooms, such great service across the board. Breakfast was really nice. Didn't eat in the restaurant during other times. Covered pool was nice. The rooms were lovely and clean. Given how a lot of the other hotels were, we loved this one! Also this was the only hotel we stayed in that allowed conjoining rooms which was a real convenience and the only one that offered us free wifi which was great!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Good value for the money. Asked for iron and board, got them quickly. Restaurant pricey better to eat nearby eateries. Too many stray dogs in the morning though. McDonald 5 minutes away. No issues at all.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven881
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I was largely unimpressed with the Nora Chaweng. I found the hallways and the sheets to be a bit dingy, although the bathroom was nice. After having traveled in Bangkok and Chaing Mai, I had expections of Thai hotel sevice that were not met by the desk staff. I found the staff to be generally unfriendly and bothered when I had a question or request. Fortunately the location (although not beachside) is perfect and very near to the Chaweng night life. Overall the experience was just "fine" but why settle for "fine" on Ko Samui?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

On arrival curtousy of Destination Asia we were met by a very accommodating
Bellhop who spoke good english and was our main source of information over the next seven days.
Hotel is well Air Conditioned.
Checking in was a quick and smooth opperation.
The room was four star despite their rating, roomy, plenty of condiments and the daily cleaning service was exellent.
This hotels situation was perfect with a well appointed travel shop just outside the front door and a taxi rank across which we used often as they were very reasonable.
A cheaper option is the local service consisting of covered utes with seating on the back, we used these a couple of times, very cheap and a lot of fun.
Also a huge choice of dinning options from the local carts to top end,we never ate in the same resturant twice.
As usual when we are in Thailand we had some dental work done and found a Clinic within three minutes of Nora Cheweng.
Security at the Hotel was strict and was also the job of our bellhop who made a point of getting to know everyone.

Room Tip: Our room was the first one one the second floor found it quiet enough.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stocky20
Reviewed 27 June 2012

You can’t get any better than Nora Chaweng when it comes to accommodation in Koh Samui. It is in the heart of Chaweng, perfectly situated in the main road and only 4 min walk to the beach. The hotel is affordable, has lovely rooms, a great pool and the cheapest cocktails in town (79 baht when we were there). Their food is great and offers both local and western options. While you are in the hotel the vibe is relaxing and funny enough very quiet, until you walk out its doors into the hustle and bustle of Chaweng’s main road – the best of both worlds.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yachal_D
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel has obviously had some issues in the past. I went to visit my friends there and was not allowed to visit them in their room. I asked for the manager who confirmed that no visitors were allowed up to guests' rooms under any circumstances. I tested this position .....what about if I was a guest and wanted to bring a companion home for the night - "same thing" he said , no visitors allowed. I've never encountered this before.....and was a bit flabbergasted to tell the truth. My advice - stay somewhere else where you guests will be welcome and not hassled

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel in August, 2011. This is basically just a hotel, not a resort. I was quite happy though, as it was in the centre of Chaweng, just a quick walk to the beach and a 7Eleven.

The room I had was quite spacious, I had a comfy bed and the air-con worked perfectly considering

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo