“book a delux suite if staying at Nora Chaweng”
Review of Nora Chaweng Hotel

Nora Chaweng Hotel
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Its our last night at Nora Chewing and our stay here has been pleasant. We booked the deluxe room as we like space (room 318) It was spacious. The rooms were clean and have a big bathroom with seperate bath/shower (at least 318 did) The bar fridge was miserably small. The biggest complaint we have of Nora Chaweng is the Swimming pool. Its undercover and the coldest pool in Asia that I have been in (solar heating would fix the problem.) And there are only 7 poolside lounges lined in a row. As such this whole area SHOULD BE NON SMOKING as we found just one smoker comes to the pool and it stinks of cigarette.
The staff have been helpful and courteous and our included breakfast was a buffet with plenty of tasty choices for all palets and they do eggs how you want.
As for location our Perth Travel agent told us it was over the road from the beach. Its actually 400 metres to beach and you have to walk through other hotels to get to it. Definitely no views. Chaweng beach is ordinary anyway . The sand is white but the water is knee deep for the first 400 meters. . The hotel is close to restaurants and shops galore.
I went scuba diving and while the dives were good. It was a 2. 1/2 hours(150 mins) each way to and from the dive site and many people were sea sick.. I doubt if we will go back to Samui after a stay at beach side Hoi An and Denang Vietnam which was far better and cheaper.

Room Tip: This is not a beach side hotel. Noisy until about midnight. Lots of young people partying maybe chec...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertMcNab

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked this hotel based on the location and its price. We had a wedding to attend to on the 3rd of August, at their sister hotel, Nora Buri Spa & Resort, and I knew that I wouldn't have any problems organising transportation between the two hotels as I've had to go there for the wedding rehearsal the night before the wedding.

We booked online for their stay 5 nights pay 4 deal, which included free wifi and breakfast daily. We arrived at 10am on the 31st of July after an overnight flight with a 2 hour layover in KL. Knowing that our room wouldn't be ready as check in is at 2pm, we asked if we could leave our luggage in storage, and the front desk staff was nice enough to let us check in 5 hours early and gave us 2 x 20min welcome massage vouchers! It was exactly what we needed after such a long flight. I couldn't sleep after checking in so I called Anodas Spa to ask if I could redeem the welcome massage and they told me to go there at my earliest convenience, which was within 5 mins of that phone call :P

The massage was so good, I ended up asking to extend to a full hour, and the masseuse advised to come back in half an hour (as it was lunchtime by the stage) and when I did, they told me about their summer special of THB550 for a la carte massage, so I took advantage of the deal and got the Back Bliss massage since my back hurt from the uncomfortable plane ride. It was HEAVEN. I'm not kidding; it was worth every baht. I've been to Thailand before and have gotten heaps of massages from those walk-in places that's about THB150 and those are crap in comparison to the Nora Chaweng Hotel's Spa services. I went back again 2 days later with my partner and got the Traditional Thai Massage and he got the Back Bliss, and even he said it was money well spent. I got the same masseuse the second, and third time this morning, on my last day in Thailand and I got the Balinese Massage,and again, it was heavenly.

I really don't know why people are complaining here about the lack of beachfront - DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE BOOKING. This hotel never claimed to have a beachfront property, and their pool is underground since it is in a small lot! And plus, it is a nice way to cool down after a long day at the beach.

If you're expecting 5-star amenities from a 3-star hotel, then you WILL be disappointed. This is a hell of a decent 3-star hotel, we had no problems with the room, or the services, as I knew exactly what I was getting before I booked. The only thing I would agree with on some of the existing reviews here is that they don't have much variety of food choices with their buffet breakfast. BUT then again, it is a 3-star hotel, so you can't expect much for that.

The location is excellent. Most of the wedding guests stayed at cheaper places in Bophut and surrounds, but they spent just as much money taking taxis down to our end of Chaweng Beach, so it is worth staying at Nora Chaweng because it is in a prime location - we just walked to the shops, restaurants and bars... I honestly thought the place wouldn't be promising since it is only a 3-star hotel, but their services and location stood out! They organised a shuttle for me to get to the wedding rehearsal and the actual wedding itself, along with other wedding guests who weren't staying at Nora Chaweng but didn't want to spend the extra money on taxis.

I am normally very picky when booking hotels for my overseas travels, especially in Asia, I always have a rule of booking at least a 4-star hotel, but Nora Chaweng is definitely an exception for me. Although their room service food is not excellent, it's not as pricey as other hotels, it's good enough for the price, so that's a plus too.

I suggest you (yes, whoever's reading this) do some research before booking hotels, and don't believe everything you read - some people are getting paid to do bad reviews for hotels - and some get paid to oversell hotels... But I'm not getting paid to do this - I just want to share my experience, and I had a great time at this hotel and would definitely book again next time I'm in Koh Samui!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Azriella
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Pros - fantastic location its close to the beach and nightlife.

Cons - we were told we were going to get 2 single beds but ended up having to share 1 bed the entire time. Be careful when booking the full moon and countdown party through them as we had heaps of trouble with their organization of taxis and boats. Make sure to book the early boat as it always comes late and you end up with too many people fighting to get onto one boat..

Overall a decent stay, hotel rooms were ok but we only used them to sleep after a night out, the great location made up for the smaller issues.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2013

good location on the main street of Koh samui!!
the service was great. clean room. excellent room service.!!
the room was too small for extra bad !!

to the Israeli's, the hotel is a 400 mt from Lametayel!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is attractive and centrally located (although it's across the street from the beach, not on it). It's centrally located in walking distance to restaurants, night life, beach, kayaking, massage, etc.

The staff was really friendly and the breakfast spread was nice with a good selection of fruit, breads, pancakes, cheese and cold cuts and cook to order omelets.

The pool was shaded, cool and refreshing. The spa was way too expensive considering you can get a massage for a fraction of the price just a block away or on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The service culture in Thailand has been impressive to say the least, and the Nora Chaweng was no different. From the porter to the front desk staff to the servers to the housekeepers, it was evident that this hotel's mantra is "service with a smile"!!!

This hotel is clean, modern and has frosty cold AC. It is only a two minute walk to the sand of Chaweng Beach and is surrounded by restaurants, pharmacies, bars, and shops.

Te indoor/outdoor pool is completely blocked from the sun, which proved to be a nice break from a long day lounging on the beach.

I would recommend you stay at the Nora Chaweng if you're planning a trip to the area!!! I'll def. be back when I return!!!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larry H
Reviewed 4 May 2013

so we stayed here just over night to catch a plane back to Bangkok... paying about AUS $90 a night we are expecting a nice clean room for a 5star place. instead we found the room to be very smelly... after tossing all night long and checking the bed linen in the morning to our disgusting surprise the bed cover was stained with urine all over it!!! i have never seen anything like this before and i find this a bad hygine problem! how can these people get away with this?
I complained to the lady at reception and she only offered to let the maager know of the problem... i insisted that i wanted my money back, i was told that she'd pass on my email to the hotel manager and he would then get back to me as we had to leave to catch a flight... i have still not been contacted! i will be reporting this to the thailand health minister! such poor service after failinf to provide us with what we paid for and t least have a clean bed!! i urge you all never to stay here as obviously theyonly care about getting the money and dont care about their clients! for yhe amount i paid to stay here thishotel should be closed down!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Smof08
Kwanchai S, Manager at Nora Chaweng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

It is disheartening to hear such an off-putting feedback from the people we care about the most; our beloved guests.

Nora Chaweng Hotel is a 3-Star hotel committed to deliver 5-star service. The rate of 90 AUD (approx. 2,500 THB) per night for 3 persons including breakfast in a well appointed room equipped with essential amenities for a clean and comfortable stay is a great deal. Aside from being modern and elegant, our location is also one of our main selling points. The beach, the restaurants, the shopping strip, and most of all the clusters of clubs and nightlife venues are all within walking distance. Most of our guests come here to enjoy the famous Chaweng Beach during the day and non-stop party in the evening. We understand that we have different ways in having fun. And in the course of having fun, we would like to remind our beloved guests that Nora Chaweng is your home away from home. You wouldn’t mess up your own bedroom. You wouldn’t trash your friend’s guestroom. As a guest, you would expect a warm welcome and a tidy room for you to stay in. And as your host, we would expect you to respect us in return by treating our facility as your own home. Getting drunk and sleeping and your own urine is truly unhygienic. It is evidently understandable that too much alcohol can make a person careless. But that’s fine, should you have advised any of our staff when it happened then the issue should have been resolved. Our hotel staff wouldn’t mind cleaning up. But it is extremely disappointing that despite our efforts to provide excellent service such fictitious comment will be made to cause damage to us.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for such review. It has clearly set up an example of a situation where we need our beloved guests’ honesty and cooperation in order for us to provide an excellent and remarkable service. This comment does not hinder us in rendering quality service, warm Thai hospitality, comfortable and clean facilities, and an unforgettable tropical island holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Iyara Beach Hotel & Plaza
Nora Lakeview Hotel
Nora Lakeview Hotel
#67 of 104 in Chaweng
Marco Polo Resort & Restaurant

Been to Nora Chaweng Hotel? Share your experiences!