All reviewsnora chawengcontiki tourindoor poolchaweng beachclean modern roomskoh samuithe main streetpleasant staystayed here for one nightsingle bedbig bathroomrestaurants and shopscentral locationvery nice hotelnight lifefree shuttlethailand
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Its our last night at Nora Chewing and our stay here has been pleasant. We booked the deluxe room as we like space (room 318) It was spacious. The rooms were clean and have a big bathroom with seperate bath/shower (at least 318 did) The bar fridge was miserably small. The biggest complaint we have of Nora Chaweng is the Swimming pool. Its undercover and the coldest pool in Asia that I have been in (solar heating would fix the problem.) And there are only 7 poolside lounges lined in a row. As such this whole area SHOULD BE NON SMOKING as we found just one smoker comes to the pool and it stinks of cigarette.
The staff have been helpful and courteous and our included breakfast was a buffet with plenty of tasty choices for all palets and they do eggs how you want.
As for location our Perth Travel agent told us it was over the road from the beach. Its actually 400 metres to beach and you have to walk through other hotels to get to it. Definitely no views. Chaweng beach is ordinary anyway . The sand is white but the water is knee deep for the first 400 meters. . The hotel is close to restaurants and shops galore.
I went scuba diving and while the dives were good. It was a 2. 1/2 hours(150 mins) each way to and from the dive site and many people were sea sick.. I doubt if we will go back to Samui after a stay at beach side Hoi An and Denang Vietnam which was far better and cheaper.

Room Tip: This is not a beach side hotel. Noisy until about midnight. Lots of young people partying maybe check quieter parts of koh Samui if you're old(er) farts
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertMcNab
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked this hotel based on the location and its price. We had a wedding to attend to on the 3rd of August, at their sister hotel, Nora Buri Spa & Resort, and I knew that I wouldn't have any problems organising transportation between the two hotels as I've had to go there for the wedding rehearsal the night before the wedding.

We booked online for their stay 5 nights pay 4 deal, which included free wifi and breakfast daily. We arrived at 10am on the 31st of July after an overnight flight with a 2 hour layover in KL. Knowing that our room wouldn't be ready as check in is at 2pm, we asked if we could leave our luggage in storage, and the front desk staff was nice enough to let us check in 5 hours early and gave us 2 x 20min welcome massage vouchers! It was exactly what we needed after such a long flight. I couldn't sleep after checking in so I called Anodas Spa to ask if I could redeem the welcome massage and they told me to go there at my earliest convenience, which was within 5 mins of that phone call :P

The massage was so good, I ended up asking to extend to a full hour, and the masseuse advised to come back in half an hour (as it was lunchtime by the stage) and when I did, they told me about their summer special of THB550 for a la carte massage, so I took advantage of the deal and got the Back Bliss massage since my back hurt from the uncomfortable plane ride. It was HEAVEN. I'm not kidding; it was worth every baht. I've been to Thailand before and have gotten heaps of massages from those walk-in places that's about THB150 and those are crap in comparison to the Nora Chaweng Hotel's Spa services. I went back again 2 days later with my partner and got the Traditional Thai Massage and he got the Back Bliss, and even he said it was money well spent. I got the same masseuse the second, and third time this morning, on my last day in Thailand and I got the Balinese Massage,and again, it was heavenly.

I really don't know why people are complaining here about the lack of beachfront - DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE BOOKING. This hotel never claimed to have a beachfront property, and their pool is underground since it is in a small lot! And plus, it is a nice way to cool down after a long day at the beach.

If you're expecting 5-star amenities from a 3-star hotel, then you WILL be disappointed. This is a hell of a decent 3-star hotel, we had no problems with the room, or the services, as I knew exactly what I was getting before I booked. The only thing I would agree with on some of the existing reviews here is that they don't have much variety of food choices with their buffet breakfast. BUT then again, it is a 3-star hotel, so you can't expect much for that.

The location is excellent. Most of the wedding guests stayed at cheaper places in Bophut and surrounds, but they spent just as much money taking taxis down to our end of Chaweng Beach, so it is worth staying at Nora Chaweng because it is in a prime location - we just walked to the shops, restaurants and bars... I honestly thought the place wouldn't be promising since it is only a 3-star hotel, but their services and location stood out! They organised a shuttle for me to get to the wedding rehearsal and the actual wedding itself, along with other wedding guests who weren't staying at Nora Chaweng but didn't want to spend the extra money on taxis.

I am normally very picky when booking hotels for my overseas travels, especially in Asia, I always have a rule of booking at least a 4-star hotel, but Nora Chaweng is definitely an exception for me. Although their room service food is not excellent, it's not as pricey as other hotels, it's good enough for the price, so that's a plus too.

I suggest you (yes, whoever's reading this) do some research before booking hotels, and don't believe everything you read - some people are getting paid to do bad reviews for hotels - and some get paid to oversell hotels... But I'm not getting paid to do this - I just want to share my experience, and I had a great time at this hotel and would definitely book again next time I'm in Koh Samui!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Azriella
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Pros - fantastic location its close to the beach and nightlife.

Cons - we were told we were going to get 2 single beds but ended up having to share 1 bed the entire time. Be careful when booking the full moon and countdown party through them as we had heaps of trouble with their organization of taxis and boats. Make sure to book the early boat as it always comes late and you end up with too many people fighting to get onto one boat..

Overall a decent stay, hotel rooms were ok but we only used them to sleep after a night out, the great location made up for the smaller issues.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2013

good location on the main street of Koh samui!!
the service was great. clean room. excellent room service.!!
the room was too small for extra bad !!

to the Israeli's, the hotel is a 400 mt from Lametayel!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is attractive and centrally located (although it's across the street from the beach, not on it). It's centrally located in walking distance to restaurants, night life, beach, kayaking, massage, etc.

The staff was really friendly and the breakfast spread was nice with a good selection of fruit, breads, pancakes, cheese and cold cuts and cook to order omelets.

The pool was shaded, cool and refreshing. The spa was way too expensive considering you can get a massage for a fraction of the price just a block away or on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013