All reviewsnora chawengcontiki tourindoor poolchaweng beachclean modern roomskoh samuithe main streetpleasant staystayed here for one nightsingle bedbig bathroomrestaurants and shopscentral locationvery nice hotelnight lifefree shuttlethailand
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stay one night at the hotel, I was get worse treated from the reception. I was forced to dismantle the suitcase in the reception to have a passport. When I did Check Out – I forced to pay money for spending time with Thai girl and for new card room. Manager was telling me – if I do not pay she will put my videos with the thai girl - on YouTube, and she don't want people like me in the hotel. Disgusting!!! STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY. bad Behavior from reception. I never coming back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Arshay
Aroon B, Manager at Floral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

With the advantage of having well-trained staffs with innate sense of authentic Thai hospitality, it is not very hard for us to make a good first impression to our guests. It just comes naturally. The unpretentious smiles and greetings is not just a courtesy that we give to them, it conveys a feeling of warmth welcoming and a subliminal message to remind them that they are here to experience a great holiday. That is just one part to make you feel the “Welcome Home!” treatment. Before you head to their well-appointed rooms, we make sure that you will have a sense security during your stay with us. And in order to accomplish that, you have to go through the check-in process. Here in Nora Chaweng Hotel, we do it simple and fast; sign the registration – show your passport for identification – finish. And we do the rest for you. Smart travelers go through this process very easily. They understand that proper identification protects them against unregistered outsiders that may cause disturbance to their privacy. Occasionally, there are new travelers who would decline to provide a proper identification but would easily comply once it was explained with them. But there are also those kinds of guests who would just not cooperate. They come in the hotel the same way come in and out of a public market. In other words they are just dim-witted and dense-minded. The review posted above is a perfect example of that kind of guest. This guest declined to show his passport during check-in which is, as a hotelier, we would feel very suspicious about him. Reasoning out that he don’t want to be bothered opening his suitcase, he then sat at the lobby chair and weirdly talked to himself. After awhile, he stood up, reached for his pocket and pull out his passport. It was never in his suitcase. He was a very hard customer but our Guest Service Agents never gave up on him. He was professionally escorted to his room to show the hotel facilities and in-room amenities. He was also advised that since he is the only guest registered in his room, as a hotel security policy, no outside visitors are allowed to go up to the guests’ floors nor in the guests’ rooms. Visitors who wish to stay with a friend’s or relative’s room in the hotel must register with a valid identification and must pay the extra person charge. He responded with contempt that he understood the said policy. During his check-out he returned a damaged key card which somehow looked purposely damaged. He also declined to pay the extra person charge of his accompaniment in the room. Also, it is just plain impossible to neither record nor post his video in Youtube as we do not have cameras inside the rooms. Clearly, this is not an issue that our hotel will apologize for. This response is not intended to blame this guest but to set an example on how easy it is ruin your own holiday by being arrogant to the people who are open-heartedly welcoming you. So we are very thankful to this guest for being kind enough in setting up an example of him by posting his review.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here twice and found it to be not only in a great location but also not far frm the beach. it has all that you will need for a great holiday. The food is not perfect (only had Breakfast, as it was included) but the service was great and they were happy to oblige with any request. Anodas Spa near the pool was the BEST MASSAGE I have had anywhere in Thailand. It was a little dearer than what you get down the road but the old addage is "you get what you pay for". The pool was cold on the first trip but this time around it was fine. All in all, great place to stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RussianRoulette2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

After reading the reviews i was put of kind of, but after spending three days their it was amazing

1. The staff where amazing helping me find places and calling up places for me to find where they are.

2. Bedroom is amazing quality and excellent shower.

3. Location is amazing everything in walking distance

advise always find out from hotel how much to pay taxi or tuk tuk so you dont get conned

Room Tip: spend abit more to get a deulxe room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel is quite decent with always smiling staff. The location is a plus point, as its the starting point of the main Chaweng Beach area. Its just five mins walk from the beach, as you have to take the thoroughfare from other hotel's pvt road. Treating yourself a cocktail for just 89/- Baht was awesome. The swimming pool was a disappointment though, dirty, small, indoor. The rooms were very comfortable & the breakfast didn't have much options for a vegetarian person. They even give you a beach towel (1 per person / Day) so you don't have to get bothered about carrying your own. Would conclude by saying, a safe & pleasant stay with my spouse. Thailand can be rough & rowdy.

Room Tip: Mid floor rooms are quite good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I would like to say that after staying here recently I honk that a lot of you have been moaning just for moanings sake and not because there is anything incredibly wrong with this hotel.

Firstly the English of he staff is great no never had any problems at all with their English. Of course sometimes accents may affect understanding in both parts but guys how many of you can say anything apart from Sawadikaa? Their English is way better than your Thai I'm sure so appreciate that someone has taken the time to learn English which is an incredibly hard language.

My room was clean and I live the fact that we were told what times the rooms where serviced which I've never experienced in another hotel, very helpful. It's in a really good location in main Chaweng so close to Ark bar on the beach, Bar solo and Hush bar which are all in walking distance.

Again people complained that you had to walk through another hotel to get to the beach. Big deal! It's no more than 5 minutes away, be greatful for that.

The showers were good and the air con worked well which I thoroughly appreciated in the crazy heat.

Only complaint was that the TV didnt work properly but I only watched t for a few minutes each night whilst getting ready to go out so again no big deal.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple