“Top Spot In Koh Samui”
Review of Nora Chaweng Hotel

Nora Chaweng Hotel
Ranked #54 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I don't know what people complain about. We stayed at the Nora Chewang hotel 11/3/2014 to 21/3/2014. My wife and I found the hotel and staff to be exceptional. We have stayed in so called 5 star hotels which don't come close to this hotel , I prefer a hard bed which is what I got my wife wanted softer so the staff provided a top mattress everyone happy. The breakfast excellent as was the staff. Great location. Pool nice and cool and shaded. 5 minutes to the beach without the associated cost of being on the beach. Will definitely book again when we return to Koh Samui.

Room Tip: Best value for money in Koh Samui
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manfred H

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked this hotel for 10 nights then read some of the trip advisor reviews... I got a bit nervous about my choice. As soon as we arrived I was glad I hadn't changed our booking. The lobby is lovely & modern. The staff greeted us with a smile, showed us the restaurant and pool then helped us take our bags to our room. All the staff were like this, everyone we saw greeted us with a friendly 'sawadee ka'. We paid $113 AUD for a suite room. It was huge! Lovely open plan lounge and bedroom with great modern look. The tv unit divided the rooms so although it felt very open it was also like having 2 rooms. We were a bit disappointed that we couldn't watch TV in bed. It would be great if they had it on a swivel to switch from the couch to the bed. The huge windows with views of the main street of Chaweng had dark curtains that blocked out all the light day & night. It had a large bathroom with full size bath, shower & long mirror and vanity (plenty of room for all my make-up, sunscreen etc) There could have been a bit more storage room but hubby was happy to keep his stuff in his bag. Some of the finishes could be updated, a bit of new paint here and there would make it look better but for the price and location we couldn't have been happier! The street does get noisy at night but most nights we just closed the curtains and watched some TV. The noise didn't bother us at all. They have free wi-fi which we used a lot. Breakfast is ok. They have a decent selection but the bread, pancakes & bacon were always quite dry. I usually had toast or muesli with yogurt & fruit salad which were good. The location was fantastic for us. I love to be able to walk out of a hotel and walk to shops & restaurants. This was perfect. Everything was at our doorstep. To get to the beach you only have to cross the road and walk through the Dara hotel or walk up the street and down a side street. It only takes a couple of minutes. The beach is lovely and there are some fantastic restaurants. I highly recommend eating on the beach in front of Dara, it's beautiful and the food is fantastic. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant (apart from brekky) but we did get the pad thai for 89 THB out the front which is cooked by the hotel and it is delicious.
I would also recommend going to 'another Ds spa' for massages, manicures & pedicures. The Islander became our local for good food, cheap cocktails and all AFL footy games live. We also loved the Samui tiger zoo and aquarium, samui go-karts, 'Grand Sea' tour of the Ang Thong Marine Park, 'Major Safari Tours' island tour and 4x4 driving and the Friday night Fisherman's village markets in Bo Phut.
All in all we absolutely loved it and would definitely return. I know there were a few negatives in my review but they really were minor. Thank you Nora Chaweng for a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again next year.

Room Tip: The suites are huge & well worth the money. If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room at the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missaj26
Reviewed 26 February 2014

In comparison to a number of other spots offering beachfront accommodation here, the value for money in this hotel was not really up to scratch in my opinion. Also, a weird policy in that only one room keycard was issued to us (two single males) and we were required to ask housekeeping to open the room if we didnt get back to the room together. Breakfast was good, but only a place to sleep if I'm honest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Quite nice hotel, modern and near the action in Chaweng.. it is not on the beach and not in a noisy area... so you can sleep at night. Easy to rent a scooter to reach the bets beaches of Samui. Moderately priced.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's a nice, modern hotel in the busiest part of town with plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance. There's also a restaurant in the hotel; we only ate there for breakfast, but it was a large buffet with a substantial amount of food. Rooms are decorated nicely and are large and clean with all kinds of amenities. We stayed there twice during our time in Koh Samui and check-in took an hour and a half the first time, which we thought was a one-off thing, but it also took an hour the second time. Minus the slow reception staff, it was a pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mindythelion
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Located in the busiest part of chaweng road and not in a good way.
This place was a terrible choice for a couple!
We first got a room with a connecting door to the neighboring room- which was loud since acoustics are not good, we had to realy insist to be moved to a different room. Since we stayed in 2 different rooms I can safely say that the furnitures are old in a very visible way, the level of cleaning is sloppy( mold in the bathroom!) and both rooms smelled stale as to poor ventilation. We found it wierd that there were only two body towels in the bathroom and no small towels for hair and hands- had to ask for it, then the next day the cleaner took it without replacing with fresh ones- what's that about??
I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is in a prime position, close to anything you'd need; beach, shops, food and drink all easily within walking distance.

Rooms are huge, neat, clean, have at least one balcony (mine had two), couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the lake side of the hotel due to noise from clubs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends