Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Zwander
San Francisco, California

Good but not great! s

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2012
I found an inexpensive five star hotel "mystery deal" on Asiawebdirect (similar to Hotwire) while searching for hotels in Koh Samui. The price was great, so I took a chance and got Bhudhari. They put us in really subpar room probably because this was a part of the "mystery deal" promotion. The veranda was about 10 feet from the linen storage room so we witnessed endless traffic of hotel staff.

The resort grounds are excellent with good flora. Nice little ponds with lotus flowers. The open air lobby was very inviting and grand. There many small and large pools - one with a swim up bar. There was no salt or chlorine in the pool water which I really liked - not sure how they cleaned the water thought. There is beach right behind the hotel with hardly any people but the sand quality of the beach is marsh-like and water was very cloudy.

The service was mixed. The check-in process slow - the staff seemed confused not sure for what reasons. Also, when I asked to see if they can have warm water in the Jacuzzi they said yes but nothing happened even after two requests so I gave up.

The breakfast was really top-notch. I especially like the omlette station - the lady there made nice spicy omelettes with Thai chills every morning - thank you!

One thing to note is that this is about 10 minute taxi ride from the main Chaweng beach so your choices of restaurants is limited unless you go to Chaweng. It's easy to get taxis to Chawen for 50 bahts.

Overall, not bad for the price.
Date of stay: August 2012
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this review
Responded 20 Sept 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel regarding your "mystery deal" ,We are happy that you had a flawless stay and enjoyed our products and services offered and sincerely look forward to serving you again soon.

Kind Regards
    £70
    £82
2.0 miles from Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui
View more hotels in Chaweng
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed at the Bhundare for 5 nights in Sept and found the staff very friendly and helpful, and responded well if you could say a thankyou, hello and goodnight in Thai. The rooms were comfortable with nice views. The many pools were a definate plus as was the beach area. The umbrellas were somewhat small and there is a need to provide larger ones. Although there were 'golf carts' to transport you on the steep hills, we found the many steps quite difficult to cope with for the elderly or anyone with problem knees. The location of the Resort is a little out of the way from the main Chaweng Beach shopping/restuarant area, but there are regularly 'tuk tuk's' to and from the Resport. The breakfast area was very pleasant and the food provided was of good quality and variety.

Room tip: Rooms on the high side of the road are preferable and if you have a problem with steps avoid the upper floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Hugh B
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your concise and kind review towards our hotel. We are glad to note that you had a pleasant stay and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We recently stayed at the resort for 10 nights, staff were very friendly and attentative upon arrival, nothing was a problem (carting us to and from our rooms) but standards did slip during our stay. The buffet breakfast was ok for the first few days but did not change or add variety. Also the first few mornings at breakfast we were asked when we arrived if we would like tea or coffee and it was served at our table, but later during our stay we had to ask the staff for coffee with breakfast. We also found the house keeping a little miss, some days we didn't recieve a bathmat in our room our days it was the towels. Would not recommend dining at the resort as the food was over priced and food tasted below average - not to mention the 17% tax. The rooms were nice, with a view.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilyc23
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was very concerned to learn of the unacceptable level of service which you and your partner experienced while staying with us. Certainly your first experience's reflects our normal level of service which we try to deliver in a personalized and attentive manner.

Naturally I called for a full investigation on all the points you raised and a series of actions and retraining has been put in place to ensure that such inconsistencies do not reoccur.

May I add that I appreciate your feedback, as it has alerted certain failures upon which we can build a more consistent service delivery.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 September 2012

My experience with Bhundari was that if you could speak Thai you would be ok.
Right after arriving i was told i would have to either pay in full or a 10% deposit, despite paying uofront when i booked almost a month before traveling.
The staff at the bars and restaurant were absolutely amazing and friendly, however if you expect house keeping to do their jobs don't bet on it.

As I was checking out my taxi driver got a call saying that the minibar in my fridge needed to be payed, I assumed that staff would do their job and restock the bar and keep a tab, nope.
House keeping don't take out a fruit platter that's been in tropical heat for 10 days.
I see the same rubbish outside for a week, soap scum in the bath, clogged shower, and to top it off the receptionist had the balls to tell me the bathroom was dirty.
House keeping have not cleaned my room for days at a time.

If I wanted to clean my own shower and toilet I would have stayed home, good experience but not great.
Don't expect anything in a hurry they take their time to do anything.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Sabrelicious
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Guest,

It is with regret to note that you faced unpleasant situations during your stay with us. Your feedback has raised my concern in many areas. I will personally investigate these matters for you and take necessary action to rectify and improve accordingly. Thank you for bringing these issues regarding HK to my attention. I hope you will allow us to provide you better hospitality service next time.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

My family and I are currently staying at the Bhundhari, read the reviews prior to booking. The reviews were generally good with a few bad ones. In our experience this resort is really good, yea it's on a steep hill but the staff are more than happy to drive you to your room. The staff themselves are more than happy to help with any requests you may have, the room is brilliant ( staying in an ocean view suite ) and finally to "A" who runs the restaurants and mix bar, you could not find a more friendly, helpfull staff member anywhere. Keep up the good work.

5  Thank evelace
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Your kind words warm our hearts. Thank you for noting of every impressive detail you experience during your stay with us. We are overjoyed that we could enhance your stay and we look forward to providing you a pleasant experience like the previous one.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

For us this is a perfect location for living & relaxing. Close to Chaweng Beach of Samui Island and only 10 minutes from Samui Airport. This hotel constructed a villa style over the segment slove of the hill. From the balcony facing to the seaview; it's natural and beautiful. Hotel have mini-shuttle car service from lobby to each villa. The Big Swimming Pool is the high-light of this hotel ; pool constructed two levels and seaview panorama.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Tarv22

Dear Mr. Trav

Thank you for your review. I noticed that you enjoy our hotel’s facilities and surrounding. We were pleased to accommodate you and hope to welcome you again on your future visit to Koh Samui.