Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
briff
Boston Spa, United Kingdom

LOVED IT !!!!!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Oct 2012
Bhundhari Spa was tremendous, our pool villa was right at the top of the hill (room 5207), which after seeing those down at the bottom, i think we got the best option as we had the sun till mid afternoon. Pool Villas at the bottom of resort seemed to be in the shade most of the time, it was more fun going up and down the hill on the golf buggy's, which were required as its a very steep walk/climb to the top, not recommended if you have walking difficulties.

Room was big clean and comfortable with a massive bathroom.
Food and drinks a little expensive compared to the nearby resort.
Nice breakfast with plenty of choice.

Nice beach but watch out for sharp stones and rocks.
Taxi required to get to resort, road too dark to walk it and a bit far, taxis are plentiful and cheap.
Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this review
Responded 6 Oct 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your kind words warm our hearts. Thank you for noting of every impressive detail you experience during your stay with us. We are overjoyed that we could enhance your stay and we look forward to providing you with an equally pleasant experience like this previous one.

£85
    £70
    £82
2.0 miles from Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui
View more hotels in Chaweng
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2012

What a beautiful location!. Situated just north of Chewang beach I'm glad we payed the extra and stayed in a spa villa on the lower side of the resort Our room was spacious,bedroom area enclosed and fully air conditioned and I loved the idea of the outside shower and toilet and the covered spa.Perfect for beach access and private pool and bar area.Having to walk up the hill and across the road to breakfast was annoying at first but we considered this 'exercise'! Having said it is in a quiet location you need to catch a tuk-tuk to go anywhere as this resort is not within walking distance to shops or restaurants. The resort staff themselves spoke little English and were polite but not overly friendly except for the man who ushered us across the road daily.

Room tip: Stay on the lower side of the resort in the private villas
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
17  Thank kg62
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Resort after your recent stay with us, glad to know you had a relaxing holiday with us!

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our food offerings, that our staff were friendly, and that our rooms and the quallity of sleep was good.

Thank you again, and hope to welcome you back soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed 20 September 2012

MANY issues so read my whole review.

We booked a pool villa which would have been nice except that they still have so much greenery around that the mosquitoes were horrible so we couldn't even go to the private pool. Additionally, the mosquitoes were all over our room. Even if the mosquitoes weren't out, I would have been scared to be in the pool for fear of something jumping out of all the bushes that were right over the pool. They also keep standing water everywhere as some sort of decoration which makes the mosquito situation worse. There is also about a 1 inch gap underneath the front door so many bugs get into the room that way. The shower was outside and if you didn't want to use an outside shower, you had to take a bath. We asked for a room change when the mosquitos became unbearable, assuming that a room without a pool would be better, which it was but when we first asked, we were told they had none so we contacted our travel agent to have him move us to another hotel and they contacted the hotel who then called us and all of a sudden had many room options for us. (Our second room had gnats and a lizard in it but that was better than the mosquitoes.)

The service was lackluster. The morning and day staff tried a little harder than the night staff who were terrible but as an avid traveler, I can tell you that 5 star resorts have front desk personnel that speak many languages fluently and this was not the case with this resort which impacted the service because they had a hard time communicating. They always hung up the phone in our faces, not intentionally I'm sure, but just another example of communication issues. And we went to Koh Samui from Bangkok and then left there for Phuket so this isn't an issue in all of Thailand. The Intercontinental in Bangkok and the Centara Grand in Phuket were great!! The staff also didn't show or tell us anything about the resort, it wasn't until the last few hours of our last day that we realized there were stairs to get to our room in between the buildings, we had been walking up the steep slope all the other times. We also just happened upon the 2nd pool that they have which is actually quite nice, but they apparently don't see the need to tell you they have 2 pools.

The terrain is very steep so be prepared to exert energy moving around the resort.

The food was below average.

Room tip: Rooms without a pool are better because they don't have mosquitoes coming in from everywhere.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank kayedst
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear valued guests, Thank you taking the time to post your feedback,Firstly, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas.
1, All I can say regarding your comments on mosquitoes is "I am very sorry you had a bad experience with mosquitoes". As we are now entering the rainy season and are in the Tropics, I think this following link may have been helpful research prior to your arrival in Koh Samui. Please do copy and paste!!
2, Regarding our staff not meeting your expectations I can only apologise, however all of our reception staff and F&B staff speck English. I do remember wishing you all a good morning in the lobby and not getting a reply, I assumed you were shy. Again, sorry If I would have known your were having less than an excellent stay, I would have personalty helped you with any issues or helpful information. I recall every time I wished you good morning you smiled so I assumed you were happy, Complacency on my part.. apologise . Our Guest Service Agents are trained that on check in, they are to explain our facilities and entertainments functions. I have shared your remarks with the relevant HOD.
3, I am surprised by your comments regarding our food. Our Executive Chef is very flexible and always goes the extra mile to surprise the guests with their favorite food, even if is not available on the menu. You must have missed our chef as I am sure he would have been delighted to assist you!
All in all please do pay us a visit whenever you are back on the island, and I will make sure you have a fantastic time with us!

With the kindest of regards

Andrew Jones

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Where do I begin? If this was advertised as a 3 star resort I would have fewer complaints, but when you say you are a five star you invite this kind of criticism. I know what 5 stars is and this is NOT it. Our welcome was less than warm, the room was really substandard in decor and cleanliness, (see photos), the food was not good, and the service throughout was lacking. The room didn't even have central air and we were kept awake by the very noisy A/C wall unit as well as toilet running very loudly. The room layout is very impractical, especially the bathroom. In addition to the issues with the room and service, the location is terrible. It is not within walking distance of anything and the hotel is on an incredibly steep cliff spanning two sides of the street with most of the rooms across the street from the beach. It is very precarious walking to and from the rooms higher up on the street. Even the bellman driving the golf cart was scared driving down the hill.

This was also the only place we visited in Thailand, where the service is usually fantastic, that did absolutely nothing to make our honeymoon special. Everywhere else we were treated to sweets, personal notes, wine or champagne and even room upgrades. Here, we were not even congratulated by the staff. In fact, upon arrival, I wanted to discuss a room upgrade, which I was willing to pay for, before being escorted to a standard room. The staff sent me away very dismissively telling me to go sit in the lobby until a bellman came to escort us to our room. After having wasted 15 minutes seeing the first room, they finally quoted us a price for the upgrade. We agreed to it, they showed us the new room and when I decided to book it they told us they had given us the wrong information and tripled the price of the upgrade. I would have left then and there if the booking had been even partially refundable. Thank goodness we were only here for 2 nights. Couldn’t wait to leave!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cat K
GMBRS, Manager at Bhundhari Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for this candid feedback, I have shared all of these with my team, those areas where we had fallen short or not come up to our guests expectations were rectified immediately.

We provide a very different experience, small animals, trees, and vegetation all around you, yes some do wonder into your shower, this is part of the experience, we are in nature, our villas are not built from bricks and modern materials, like most other modern classy hotels they also do not have outdoor showers etc. Its a shame that travelers unacquainted with a certain product and it's values, then try to insist that all is not good, real time comments on experiences not based on emotion are of a greater value to help us Improve our guest experiences.

With regards to your dining experience, sorry it did not appeal to your palate, most of our guests find the large selection of dishes at dining on the Hill (The Bay) and at dining on the beach (The Pearl) very delicious and praise the quality of our food.

Thank you for pointing out the rust which appeared on the Terrazzo (2010), this was very difficult to remove first we had to replace the cement, part of our ongoing maintenance program ensures this is closely monitored to prevent it occurring again.

However as we have no record of your stay and the photos that you put up seem to be old ones dating back to a review several months ago, I fail to see how your review could be excepted as constructive.

We do hope that you will consider staying with us at some point, we would certainly like to prove that we are worthy of your patronage.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Had some issues with the AC in our room (leaking and not cold enough), but the staff were very happy to help and moved us to a better room with a great view and great AC. The rooms were large and clean, beds super comfy. the best part of our stay was the staff working at the resort who were always friendly and more than happy to help with any request. We also took a Thai cooking class overlooking the beach and it was great as well. This resort is a little way out from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng so it is quiet, but only a 50 baht per person tuk tuk ride to Chaweng. Can also recommend Mr Max (taxi driver) who took us on a full day tour around the island for a great price - only 1500 baht for approx 10 hours. Mr Max ph: 08 3646 2235.

12  Thank Lailu80

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words, its is so nice to here that my staff helped make your experiance at Bhundhari one to remember. I am eqaly happy that you enjoyed our Thai Cooking class, this is very popular with our guest and like so many others im sure you will be hosting your own Thai themed night catering for your own guest at home. We wish you all the very best and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I found an inexpensive five star hotel "mystery deal" on Asiawebdirect (similar to Hotwire) while searching for hotels in Koh Samui. The price was great, so I took a chance and got Bhudhari. They put us in really subpar room probably because this was a part of the "mystery deal" promotion. The veranda was about 10 feet from the linen storage room so we witnessed endless traffic of hotel staff.

The resort grounds are excellent with good flora. Nice little ponds with lotus flowers. The open air lobby was very inviting and grand. There many small and large pools - one with a swim up bar. There was no salt or chlorine in the pool water which I really liked - not sure how they cleaned the water thought. There is beach right behind the hotel with hardly any people but the sand quality of the beach is marsh-like and water was very cloudy.

The service was mixed. The check-in process slow - the staff seemed confused not sure for what reasons. Also, when I asked to see if they can have warm water in the Jacuzzi they said yes but nothing happened even after two requests so I gave up.

The breakfast was really top-notch. I especially like the omlette station - the lady there made nice spicy omelettes with Thai chills every morning - thank you!

One thing to note is that this is about 10 minute taxi ride from the main Chaweng beach so your choices of restaurants is limited unless you go to Chaweng. It's easy to get taxis to Chawen for 50 bahts.

Overall, not bad for the price.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Zwander

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel regarding your "mystery deal" ,We are happy that you had a flawless stay and enjoyed our products and services offered and sincerely look forward to serving you again soon.