Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$114
OZOHotels.com
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$172
  • Pool
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$81
Agoda.com
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$172
Agoda.com
Sheraton Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$166
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$75
Trip.com
US$76
US$74
Trip.com
Baan Talay Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$98
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$144
All reviewsdeluxe pool villatuk tukchaweng beachsteep hillkoh samuiour honeymoonocean viewshower areabeach sidemain restaurantpool barprivate beachrelaxing staythe main roadwelcome drinknight lifebabu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We loved Bhundhari spa resort. We had the private pool villa which was beautiful. Staff were so friendly, rooms cleaned daily, fresh towels daily, resort had everything we needed right down to a tourism office to book activities. Breakfast was a highlight of every day, the food was so good. Go the omelette! Check out was at 10, but we had an evening flight, they even offered us a room in the late arvo to have a shower before our flight, no charge!
We will definitely go back to Bhundhari spa resort. Thank you to all the staff there for making our honeymoon so memorable!

Charlie and Molly (Australia)

• Stayed: October 2013
8  Thank CMM_1988
Reviewed 6 October 2013

After booking this hotel through a mystery deal we read the reviews on trip advisor and all the negative comments worried us! all I have to say is people are extremely hard to please! Our experience from start to finish was amazing! From the greeting we got in the lobby to the beautiful rooms, fantastic pool area and tasty breakfast this hotel comes highly recommended! The staff could not do enough for us and we had a truely wonderful experience! The resort is a five minute drive from chewang beach but it is a lovely walk along the beach or a very short/cheap tuck tuck ride in there! I will definitely recommend this resort to others!

It made my stay in koh Samui extra special!

• Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank Clarebyrne
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My second time at this resort, though this trip I have stayed longer than my last period for almost 10 days, but found very good service indeed! please note that this resort is only for those who prefer the tranquillity stay which not too far from the city area and if you like the big tropical resort! Before I left have met one old manager, asking me if this time I can write my reviews on tripadvisor or other online channels, not just only write in the guest comments, which I mostly did for every hotel before I left. Truely I hate to place my comments on online, even most of the time there are email sent by agoda or booking.com. Obviously most of hotel I stay both in Thailand and abroad are satisfied, except some part in Europe where people is quite moody! As my work I need travel every month and stay in different hotel in different country.

Once I check on tripadvisor.com, I understand that why the manager asked me to post my review on this website. Accept that nows a day with drastic change of the world, people seems to lose temper easily, mostly the negative felling always be released quickly and shared before & more than the positive one. As human being this is a norm thing indeed! to me since I am a regular traveller I always check comment from agoda and booking.com which give me more right information than other channels before I travel to any new place.
Specially this trip as requested by the very good gentleman In Bhundhari , I want to express my very sincere and truely felling that YES! I did have a great time staying in Bhundhari Spa Resort for my already second time, and shall also stay here again, if my job assigned in Chaweng area, not Lamai or Huathanon :) . Above all absolutely yes! I will recommend all my friends to stay in this resort if they have chance to visit Samui.

Again I am very much satisfied my recent stay in Bhundhari and want to gain THANKS to all the staff there who have made me great experience for the 2 weeks staying in your resort!
Cheers!

Room Tip: If you are old people then recommend room or villa near lobby, if you have kid with trolley, this resort may not suit your requirement. But if you are a couple highly recommend room with sea view, like the room I got! mostly check details of this resort on the hotel website in order to ensure this resort is meeting your requirement.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Theera S
Reviewed 6 October 2013

What a perfect place to unwind. This resort is north of the popular and populated Chaweng beach and thus more private! The beach is clean, the multiple pools well maintained and all with places to sit and relax.
The staff are friendly and very helpful and do not make a nuisance of themselves. The food was great, with both Western and Eastern choices for breakfast. There was no pressure to leave the breakfast table as we enjoyed the free wifi and the gorgeous views.
I would highly recommend the resort as it is central, has easy access to the night life on the beach and in the town.
The only drawback was negotiating the doors into the villa and out to the outdoor shower. These were very narrow and a hassle.

Room Tip: The pool villas look amazing
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Glenda P
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We purchased a GETAWAY LOUNGE voucher to stay at Bhundhari Spa Resort and Villas. We chose the 7 night option - what a mistake. The first issue we had was as follows. The reservation and return hotel transfers were confirmed in writing via email. We were told that a representative from the hotel would be waiting at the airport with our name on a signboard. Two days prior to arriving (we were staying in Phuket at the time) I received an email saying there was a misunderstanding and our package did not include pick up from the airport, only a return to the airport. If we wanted to be collected from the airport, we would have to pay for it. I emailed back to say that in Australia "return transfers" means both ways and that we had paid for a 2 way trip. They then emailed back to say they did not understand the wording and would check with their headoffice to clarify, but in the meantime would pick us up at no charge. When we arrived in Koh Samui, we waited for 25 minutes - but no-one arrived to collect us. We had the airport staff call the hotel, who said they would be there in 10 minutes. Another 25 minutes passed and still nothing. We had them called again and were told the same thing - to wait 10 minutes. At this point we were very annoyed, so caught a taxi to the hotel. When we arrived, we requested a refund for the taxi fare, which they agreed to. HOWEVER, no apology, no explanation as to why they never arrived. We also did not receive the refresher towel as promised in the voucher. By the way, the hotel is only 10 minutes away from the airport.
We were shown to a room that overlooked the driveway. The hotel manager Andi, was kind enough to offer to move us the next day when another room with an ocean view became available. That night, we used the shower, which because of the poor design, overflowed so that the bathroom floor and shower mat became flooded - very dangerous. The safe had not been reset so we could not use it. We had to ask twice to have it reset so that we could use it to store our passports and money.
The following day we went out for the day and when we returned in the afternoon, we went via reception to enquire about our room upgrade only to be shown our bags all packed up sitting in the corner of the reception area. Some items, including ladies underwear were put into a plastic bag and were right there in view of all and sundry!! They had packed up our belongings in our absence and without our permission. Not only that, but our passports and cash were still in the room safe - so we had to wait for them to return with us back to the first room to open the safe.
The second room was an upgrade with a better view and at first it seemed like things were improving. However, the following afternoon, we went out for a few hours, and returned to the room to find rat faeces on the bed! I was over it at this point and went down to reception to complain. When I told the lady my complaint, she quickly ushered me to a private room away from other guests earshot to wait for the resort manager. He offered to move us AGAIN. So, that evening, we were moved to room number 3. This was a pool villa, but the pool area was unkempt and covered in leaves. There was possible gecko faeces in the bathroom in 2 different places - which were so obvious, but had not been cleaned. There were holes in the bedlinen, there was a bloodstain on the bedcover, and the towels were worn out and also had stains in them. The television had no remote and it took over an hour to get one. And then the television reception was almost non existent - we could only watch fuzzy greyish pictures.
Other points that ruined our stay:
The restaurant staff are shockingly bad. We arrived at breakfast most days to dirty, unset tables and would have to ask for them to clear/set. One morning we arrived and waited to be seated. One of the staff looked right at us and continued to clear a table. This was so rude, that we decided to seat ourselves and as we walked past her, she then asked for our room number. On another occasion, we waited to have our table set and no one came over. I saw the resort manager in the restaurant and went and asked him to send over staff to set the table so that we could have breakfast.
There is no wifi in the rooms, only in reception. The Getaway Voucher implied that wifi was available in the rooms.
Service at the lower pool bar (next to the beach) is poor. You are lucky to find someone to serve you a drink. One morning we waited about half an hour for someone to arrive with pool towels so that we could use the beach. The deckchairs around the pool are in major need of new cushions. There are brown stains on them and they are tired and worn out.
The resort is set on a very steep hill and if you are in one of the upper rooms, you need to travel up by golfcart. However, if it has rained and the driveway is wet, you cannot go up in the golfcart and will either have to walk or wait for it to dry out.
The staff do not speak or understand English. It was very difficult to communicate with them. Considering how many English speaking tourists visit Thailand, one would think that speaking at least basic English would be a prerequisite to working in hospitality.
A note about : GETAWAWAY LOUNGE. I emailed them the day we arrived to let them know how unhappy we were with the resort. It took them 3 days to respond and they said something along the lines of "sorry to hear this - we are investigating and will get back to you". That was over a month ago - and they never got back to me. Getaway Lounge have in the meantime renamed themselves "LUXURY ESCAPES", which is quite ironic really as there was absolutely nothing luxurious about Bhundhari Spa Resort.
Don't waste your time or money staying at this resort. There are plenty others to choose from! Thanks a lot for ruining our Koh Samui experience!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time. Look for another resort.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Natalie D
sirowanp, Manager at Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Valued guests,

First and foremost I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. We are aware that we dropped the ball. Still, we are saddened to see that our best efforts to solve these issues are amiss in your review.

Please allow me to address some of the issues:

Concerning to transportation, I can only deeply apologize for this , it was our mistake that lack of transferred management on that day.

With regards to the room , we deeply apologize, we have taken note of your comments and will follow up and improve and I also do note your experience with the linen and towels , we do apologise for these, we are in the process of sourcing new ones and will have this taken care of in the near future.

Regarding our FB staff not meeting your expectations I can only deeply sorry for that ,Food & Beverage Manager will strengthen his focus on necessary training to ensure guests’ satisfaction at all times.

Regarding our staff's ability to speak and understand English, we have just planned to employ an English teacher. In order to improve every departments English ability, however due to the wide range of different English dialects, it can be difficult for our staff to understand sometimes.

At the reception we do have staff that are multilingual.

For WiFi : There is WiFi in all rooms

Having said that I would like to thank you for expressing your dissatisfaction and we are taking this very seriously and establishing corrective measures.

I do hope that we can convince you to return to Bhundhari and we would be privileged to have another opportunity to show our usual exceptional standard to you.

Very Best Regards,