Will write the negative about this place first as I would like to leave on a positive note. When we arrived Nid (the owner) was very friendly towards us and we had a few beers. For some reason after the first night her attitude changed. We stayed there for 11 days. We asked repeatedly for Nid to arrange Full Moon tickets and were told no problem but after constant asking we got our own. We didn't use internet much as it involved finding someone with a key. When reading the website it sounded perfection but when we got there the bar, restaurant, pool table etc were closed due to the fact that it was low season. Something which should have been told to us as this was one of the reasons we booked here. Its about a 10 minute walk to the shops for food and to the beach (which is not really a problem) but might be for some. There is no catamaran as stated on the website and organising tours etc is not an option here. Nid also said she would cook for us and bring us to the market but this didn't happen and we didn't push it as trying to organise tickets was a big enough ordeal. After reading reviews on the website am wondering why Nid didn't help us out with any organising. When we asked about tours etc, it was like we were bothering her. Having said all that, this place is a nice place to stay. There is a great restaurant around the corner, St. Tropez and any tours we sorted out we got picked up from there. The grounds of the guesthouse are GORGEOUS. Full of flowers, trees and butterflies, very peaceful. The staff here are just great and we had clean towels and bedsheets every day. Every morning we were brought fresh fruit, water and sweetcorn and it was a lovely setting to have your breakfast. We were the only ones staying there for most of the time and if your looking for peace and relaxation away from the maddness then this is a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nid's Bungalows is family-owned and managed, offering cool, private and tasteful accommodation in the Thai-style, located centrally on the shore of Chaweng Lake in the Chaweng Beach tourist area, only 10 minutes from Samui airport and 5 minutes from Chaweng Beach. To serve the international traveller, Nid's Bungalows offers a range of accommodation options, from new and superior levels of accommodation to a new and spacious 8-bunk Dorm for the solo traveller or value-conscious group. Nid has made the lush gardens around the bungalows and swimming pool a feature of the Resort. The Resort offers a large lap pool and sun deck, bar and games area, free WiFi and laundry facilities. Guests who stay with us are able to share Nid's love of animals, gardening and cooking. We make every effort to consider the environment by careful use of electricity and resources, and we grow some of our own vegetables and herbs where possible. Nid loves and takes care of many animals and, if you wish, you can make friends with them during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Nid's Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nid`s Bungalows Hotel Chaweng
- Nid's Bungalows Ko Samui/Chaweng