Lowest prices for your stay
£100
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£81
Breakfast included
No booking fees
All reviews ocean pool villa main pool min walk air con large bathroom hotel is situated welcome drink beach thailand koh
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Check in was fast, staff was very helpful and friendly, welcome drink served.

Room was clean & spacious, housekeeping done twice a day if im not mistaken, bathrobe, beach towels, beach bag and slippers are provided by hotel. I accidentally left my purse (with all my cash) in the hotel on my bed while i left for snorkeling trip, came back and everything was in place, nothing was lost. Staff were helpful and quick to respond to our needs.

Breakfast was clean, unlike most of the breakfast provided by hotels in Thailand. The hotel doesn't offer a lot of varieties, but still good enough for me. Hotel restaurant is very expensive.

Hotel is located quite far away from the noisiest part of Chaweng (like 1.5 hours walk - i'm a slow walker). Not a problem, you can find spas and family marts and restaurants right outside the hotel. and there were tuk tuks, taxis right outside and motorbikes for rent, so everything's good.

Hotel beach is ok, strong waves but the sand was quite uneven and i was scared to go far. Pool is small and kinda dirty. They don't have a grip at the borders of the pool, which is quite dangerous, because the deepest side of the pool is about 2.5 meters. They dont have a ladder for swimmers to climb out of the pool either.

Overall, the stay was quite satisfying. Hotels in koh samui are quite pricey, i would expect free wi-fi from the hotel given the price i paid. you can always go to the restaurants to get free wifi, that was what i did.

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank YuenYuen
SamuiResotel, Manager at Samui Resotel Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to provided your feedback regarding our hoyel. I very pleasure to learn that you are very happy during stay with us.

I would take this opportunity to cotinue our service and facility and with a pleasure in the welcoming back again.During stay should you have any inconvenence i would like to apologized.

Should you have any further be assistance plaese do not hesiatte to contact me.

With best Regards;

the Managment and staff Team
Samui Resotel Beach Resort

Reviewed 3 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here in late January for a beach getaway vacation. We originally requested a superior room but were upgraded to a garden room with its own private pool when we arrived. The hotel is right on the beach so you can wake up, get a bite to eat from their great breakfast layout and grab a seat by the waves right after. The hotel looks great as well. Clean white and blue color scheme that gives you a very mediterranean vibe (we're American so thats what we gathered at least.)

The hotel provides all the amenities you need for the beach: robe, bath and beach towels, tote bag, flip flops, and plenty of water bottles. The hotel is located at a quiet end of Chaweng on the northeast part of the island. Its a short cab ride to the bars, or a short walk if you go by the beach.

We walked up and down the beach several times and took a peak into many of the other beach-side hotels and were very happy that we chose Resotel.

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank J S
SamuiResotel, Manager at Samui Resotel Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Guest

Greeting from Samui resotel Beach Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind spend a holiday with our hotel and kindly taking time to provided your feedback regarding our hotel, Certainly during saty with us should you ahve any incoveneince please apologized.

Shoudl you ahve any further assistance plaese do not hesitate to conatct me.We wish you have a nice day

Best regards;

The managment team
Samui resotel Beach resort.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I had gone there with my wife for 5 days.....the welcome was very warm and affectionate... they had also arranged my room very beautifully....I had taken a Ville there...which was beach facing and had a superb view and full privacy...in fact the beach was at 20 steps from my room...they had a Jacuzzi in the bathroom and a private pool outside the room..the overall experience was fantabulous.

Room tip: U can inform them in advance of the purpose of the trip and they help in arranging for the occasion.
Date of stay: May 2012

Dear Guest

Should you have any further be assistance plaese do not hesiatte to contact me.

With best Regards;

the Managment and staff Team
Samui Resotel Beach Resort

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights and I have to say I came away with very conflicting opinions. When we arrived the staff noticed it was my birthday and sent a lovely cake to my room unfortunetly they decided to this at 11pm at night and when the two of them arrived at our door I was asleep and half naked when they started singing happy birthday. We stayed in a private villa and we had our own decking area and pool which was beautiful. However other things bugged me like the chipped paint on the furniture in the room and the silcon that was visible around the windows in the bathroom and also the lights on our beautiful bath did not work which took away from it. We stayed in Villa 1202 and I feel it was not worth the €2314.00 that I paid for it. To eat in the hotel is expensive for Thailand with them charging around €100.00 for dinner. There is much better value to be found elsewhere. The staff in the bar area where slow to serve and the bar food is also over priced. When we went to the beach the waiter that was supposed to attend bar etc kept hiding behind the newly erected massage area rather than serve people on the beach. However the one member of staff that was truly excellent was a young man named "Bird" who was very cheerful and efficent whenever we met him. What annoyed me the most about this hotel was paying for the wifi, it is 100 baht per half hour and I accepted that we had to pay for it as we had read that on here, but the wifi is painfully slow with a very poor connection and as you are paying for a period of time it is frustrating, considering you can go across to the bamboo bar and get the wifi for free and the beer is half the price you might as well do that. The selection at breakfast is poor and needs to be improved. The front facade of the hotel needs repair and needs to be painted and it would be nice if the hotel turned on the water fountains around the hotel. It also bugged me that in our 11 day stay house keeping was poor as they did not change our sheets once during our stay or sweep and wash the floors or clean the deck around our pool. Therefore those little things annoyed me which in my opinion having worked in the Hotel industry for 10 years is all a result of a poor or absent manager with poor attention to detail. So you can see from my opinion I have rated this hotel with 3 poor's and 3 averages hence that is why I am conflicted.

Date of stay: January 2013
3  Thank Catriona_1980
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I rarely get a shock when arriving at a hotel as I spend a huge amount of time researching all the options before I make a decision, but unfortunately this time I made the wrong one. I am totally bewilded at the good reviews written here on tripadvisor and the photo's are totally deceiving too!

The hotel is terribly run down: paint peeling, mould, cracks. We started off in the standard room which was horrible as it was on the street side of the hotel and made you feel like you were at a 2 star motel on the side of the highway. We moved to a pool sharing villa which I wouldn't advise if you are noise sensitive as people swim from 6am and you can hear everything. We finally moved to the beach pool villa. It looks 10 times better in photos, in reality it is also very run down. I definitely would have moved hotels but unfortunately we had already paid the full amount.

We didn't spend any time at the hotel as I couldn't bare the terrible condition of the amenities so we spent our time at our friends hotel, the Briza, which was great.There are much better choices in Chaweng and around other areas too. The resotel is definitely the worst hotel I have stayed at.

Date of stay: December 2012