“Very good food”

Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Orchid Restaurant & Bar is situated in the heart of Koh Samui's Chaweng Beach Road. We offer a perfect location for you to step off the street or beach and escape the noise and heat. Our fusion of Western standards and Eastern flavors provide a delightful dining experience. We are located Equidistantly between Central Festival and Hard Rock Cafe on the Chaweng Beach Road.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Best thai food we had in Thailand. Cheap food. Be aware of small portions; we recommend men to have both starter and main dish.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

On our recent holiday to Thailand I was in need for a very good vegetarian meal of which I found at a few places. The Orchid Restaurant is one of the best that I have been to.

Let me start with some detail around the meal.

For starters, the spring rolls were quite good and presented nicely (I have had better spring rolls at other restaurants but these were not oily and were quite fresh). I am very fond of Thai and Indian flavours and for a change I was able to have a Thai curry without having to worry about fish sauce and the like.

A massaman or red curry is a good start when trying Thai food. The curry that I ordered was of a high local standard and was thoroughly enjoyed. I have no complaints in this regard so try one of the curries if you are vegetarian as you can get a morning glory stir fry almost anywhere.

Furthermore on a second visit I decided to try the Tom yum vegetarian soup which will warm you up quite nicely so as a recommendation it is definately worth a try if you enjoy spicy flavourful food.

For non vegetarians try a chicken dish or appetizer.

The meals and drinks are priced well all round and there is free wifi.

Try out a fruit shake while you are here!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This lovely little pavement cafe, very casual, but the food absolutely fresh and so tasty. Owner present at all times. Staff very efficient, service was very good. Very tasty meal was had.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had one of their set menus with soup and a stir fry and everything was very tasty. The restaurant is located on the busy and sometimes noisy road, but very cozy authentic atmosphere and the owner always ready for a chat.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Loved the green curry chicken - thought it was the best I've tasted in my 4 days in Koh Samui.
The tom yam gung was good as well. They had a generous portion of seafood in the dish.
Tried the papaya salad with seafood as well - that was above average.