My family of 4 ( myself, hubby, 4 year old and 6 month old baby) stayed in Sareeraya for 10 days. We booked the suite with jaccuzzi.
The room is very specious with nice decor. You get lots of storage space, nice closet that opens both in the room and from inside the bathroom. The bathroom has both rainshower and a bathtub.
Our older daughter slept of the sofa and for the baby the hotel provided the baby cot. The baby cot was a bit small and a swinging type, but it worked fine (although I do prefer a cot that doesn't swing).
The bed in jacuzzi suite is a bit small. I am 1.71 and my husband is 1.8 meters and we had troubles "fitting in". From what I understood, the rooms without jacuzzi have much bigger beds.
We had an issue with our first room (212) with cockroaches (!!!) on our second night. We were moved to another room the next morning without any fuzz.
We stayed on the third floor (306) and the view on the third floor definitely beats the second floor, especially if you get the jacuzzi suite. I spent almost an hour a day in that jacuzzi with that fantastic ocean view. Absolutely spactacular. The first floor rooms have access to shared pool, however the pool is in shadow all day long, so it seemed cold to swim in (didn't see anyone swimming in there at all). I suggest going to jacuzzi, because even on the rainy day you can sit outside, enjoy the view and warm bubbles :) Although maybe if you are travelling in hotter months, the shared pool could be a nice idea.
Waking up with the curtains wide open to see the gorgeous view of the ocean - that really made my day.
The hotel grounds are small, so if you are looking for a stroll from the room to the swimming pool - it is not going to happen. The pool is fantastic. The color of the pool is very unique and the pool area itself is really calming. There are sunbeds inside the infinity pool and those places are absolutely must have! The view is gorgeous, plus you are so close to the pool bar (useful during happy hours 1+1). The sunbeds (both in infinity pool and the beach area) are extremely comfy. Pool area has an amazing calming effect.
The baby pool is right next to the main pool. Pool toys for kids are available anytime.
Breakfast was very nice, lots of choices especially at the counter. You can get anything from an omlette to a waffle with icecream. Any request for the kids was promptly taken care of - even if it was something out of breakfast menu.
The staff is helpful and friendly. The room service is fast.
The prices are not cheap, but the food is nice. I would suggest improving the french fries, though. It is a bit thin... I think they should switch to those puffy, waivy ones. The prices start from 250++
Free wifi in the room, good speed, no problem with connection.
Mosquitoes are a common thing on the islands in Thailand, so it didn't surprise me at all. Use mosquito repellent in the evening and you will be fine. The hotel provides a fee mosquito repellent for you, however I suggest buying one in the pharmacy - something stronger.
The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the city center with all the noise and night life. You can find familymart within 300 meters from the hotel. And restaurants are available both in the city and along the beach.
The barbeque buffet was lovely - great food, lovely atmosphere. It did lack a bit of live music maybe, especially if the buffet is called BBQ party :)
The hotel has a gym and spa accross the street. The gym is too small (there was actually people waiting to use the machines). The spa, on the other hand, was amazing. I spent several hours there and the massage was amazing!
Overall, I loved our stay. It is a great hotel with lovely relaxing atmosphere, beautifully designed and specious rooms and helpful, professional staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering 49 exquisite suites and pool villas, Sareeraya Villas & Suites is conveniently set on the quieter part of Chaweng Beach within walking distance to the most popular shopping, nightlife and entertainment area. Each villa provides a private plunge pool while each suite features a spacious terrace with ocean view or outdoor Jacuzzi. The hotel facilities include Raya Spa, Gym, Swimming pool, Transit Lounge, Chef’s Table Restaurant, Read Red Bar, Her Bar & Free WIFI Access. The perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sareeraya Villas & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sareeraya Villas And Suites
- Sareeraya Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Sareeraya Villas & Suites Ko Samui/Chaweng