We arrived home yesterday(22/3/13) after 11 nights at the Sareeraya so this report is being written with everything still fresh in the memory.
Situated at the north end of Chewang which is more quieter and only a ten minute walk into the main strip which was more busier.
We arrived in the late afternoon so are room ready for us so we only had the normal check-in formalities to follow, our bags were taken directly to our room. Check-in was smooth with no issues.
We stayed in suite 309 on the 3rd floor, room was a good size, lots of space, clean. I read a few reports of the rooms being too small but I personally cannot agree with that. The outside deck/balcony had another bed to lay on and chill and take in the view of the sea. Another plus side of being on the north block was that the balconies could not been seen from the beach or pool area unlike the other block.
Food/Restaurant (chef's Table)
On the days that we did make it to breakfast we had no complaints, firstly you're sitting overlooking the sea/pool to start with! The restaurant caters for almost everyone, from Asian breakfast to a western one. The Chef will cook you anything that has an egg in it and anyway you want it! Waffles to Eggs benedict it was there to be cooked, you ougl also choose from - sausages, bacon, fried tomatoes, Cold meats, croissants, pastries, Cheeses, freshly cut fruit, smoothies (Banana was a favorite), fresh juices, cereals. I defy someone not to find something here!
As for Dinner we never actually ate in the restaurant but did have lunch around the pool and Room service and the food was fine, green curries, dried Red King Prawn Curry, Pad Thai, Satay Chicken and vegetable spring rolls being our favorites.
Plenty of beds and towels for everyone, did make me laugh how some people still felt the need to get down early a reserve a spot, this was not necessary. In the first week there was just enough people there not to feel overcrowded in the small pool but in the second week the introduction of a few families meant the pool was often crowded and noisy. Beach area was ok, cleaned every day, sea was safe to swim in and warm although if you take a few minutes’ walk either side of the hotel had clearer waters.
Cannot fault the staff in any shape, everyone was friendly and there to service you. Pool boys certainly deserved their tips!
Clean, air condition, lockers for your valuables. Well worth it if you have a late flight!
Negatives - The only real negative we had was the clientele, there were individuals/families who had no respect was the staff or anyone else having a holiday. Personally I think this hotel would be more suited to a couple’s only resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering 49 exquisite suites and pool villas, Sareeraya Villas & Suites is conveniently set on the quieter part of Chaweng Beach within walking distance to the most popular shopping, nightlife and entertainment area. Each villa provides a private plunge pool while each suite features a spacious terrace with ocean view or outdoor Jacuzzi. The hotel facilities include Raya Spa, Gym, Swimming pool, Transit Lounge, Chef’s Table Restaurant, Read Red Bar, Her Bar & Free WIFI Access. The perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sareeraya Villas & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sareeraya Villas And Suites
- Sareeraya Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Sareeraya Villas & Suites Ko Samui/Chaweng