We stayed at Sareeraya for four days of our honeymoon in a room with private pool access. We were greeted with a cold drink, a cold flannel and a flower necklace. A friendly member of staff showed us around our room. The bath was pre-filled with rose petals and the bed was decorated wonderfully.
Our room was amazing. The bathroom was spacious with a bath and a shower, the bedroom was a nice size and there was a private sitting area outside with pool access. The pool is shared by six rooms. Next to the bed there was a console which could control all the lights, the A/C and the 'do not disturb' sign.
The hotel itself was very nice with lots of water features. There was a nice sized pool and lots of deck chairs on the beach and near the pool. The beach was maintained everyday and a security guard was on patrol to ensure only hotel guests used the hotels' facilities. The beach itself had nice soft white sand.
The hotel is located a short walk from Chaweng, and you can walk along the beach or along the street. There are lots of shops and restaurants along the way. The beach has lots of sellers day and night selling everything from scarfs to laser pens.
The hotels' restaurant served lovely food. We ordered the romantic dining for two on the beach. Unfortunately it was windy that day, but the staff were well prepared and had another secluded location for two above the beach bar. The meal was amazing with lots of wonderful tastes. Another night we joined for the BBQ buffet, but were a little disappointed because there was hardly any BBQ meat.
One of the negative things about the hotel were the mosquitoes. We were told to keep the door to the outside area closed because of the mosquitoes. Upon inspection of the sliding door, there is an opening where the wheels are located and the mosquitoes can get in even with the door fully closed! This was quite disappointing as we always saw at least one mosquito in the bedroom and we got several bites.
A couple of areas for improvement:
- Prevent mosquitoes from entering the room
- Provide a sheet instead of a duvet
- A new coat of paint in some areas of the room
- The smoking area should be downwind of the non-smoking area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering 49 exquisite suites and pool villas, Sareeraya Villas & Suites is conveniently set on the quieter part of Chaweng Beach within walking distance to the most popular shopping, nightlife and entertainment area. Each villa provides a private plunge pool while each suite features a spacious terrace with ocean view or outdoor Jacuzzi. The hotel facilities include Raya Spa, Gym, Swimming pool, Transit Lounge, Chef’s Table Restaurant, Read Red Bar, Her Bar & Free WIFI Access. The perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sareeraya Villas & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sareeraya Villas And Suites
- Sareeraya Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Sareeraya Villas & Suites Ko Samui/Chaweng