“Prefect prefect perfect”

KC Resort & Over Water Villas
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Having this beautiful view and room in such a stunning location and then having the ability to use the beach sister hotel was just perfect. We just loved to walk to the beach ( turn right at the entrance and go into the first beach hotel to walk beach side as it takes out the hill ) walk down the beach slowly to Kc beach which is busing during the day great DJ great vibes, then free shuttle bus back later. Will definitely be returning, breakfast excellent.. Rooms perfect..stay here if you want to experience tranquility but have the vibrancy of ' the place to be' in the daytime :)

Room Tip: 427 a good one :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fran C

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We visited Koh Samui 3 months ago and I'm still not over it - I miss it terribly and I want to go back! KC Resort and Over Water Villas was an unbelievable location for our 6 night stay, providing the perfect proximity to wander in to the hustle and bustle of Chaweng when we wanted and being close enough to retreat to the seclusion of our hilltop paradise.
The overwater villas were booked out during our stay so we had an ocean view room. I was possibly slightly annoying to the reservations team prior to arrival as I kept checking to confirm we had an ocean view apartment with a jacuzzi on the balcony because I found it hard to believe given the very reasonable price we paid. We did get a deal from an outside agent but, we also travelled just before the busy season. Technically it was the wet season but a bit of rain really doesn't matter when you have a jacuzzi on your balcony! Plus, rain was minimal anyway.
I was mildly concerned about the hill a few contributors mentioned but it never posed an issue. The resort has a free bus you can catch to Chaweng and the beach at their sister resort. The porters are always extremely happy to take you up and down the hill on their golf buggy anyway. I walked it once because I wanted to... good for the calf muscles but once was enough!
The room had a slight (very slight) mould scent which I recognise from Australian tropics when rooms had been closed for extended periods of time. We opened the doors for fresh air and it was fine by day 2. The cleanliness wasn't bad. There were some stains and minor dust but nothing too concerning.The couch was a bit sad and dank but really and truly, we didn't go there to sit in a hotel room. The pool was AMAZING and the staff were incredibly nice. The housekeeping staff made extra towels into animal shapes and put our sunglasses on them while we were out.It was just such a personable environment.
One point (not related to KC itself) - while I don't encourage anyone to part with their passport overseas, we did hire a jeep to drive around the island (a very crazy and exciting experience) and handed over my fiance's passport to do so. We got it back the next day. The English man running the hire place said that many people hire a car in Koh Samui and then take it on a barge to Phuket and leave it there which is clearly problematic. If they don't have their passport, they can't do that, which I completely understand. I suggest finding a car rental place you feel is trustworthy if you are going to leave your passport. We did it and it was worth it.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are beautiful. I heard the mountain view are larger. The views and balcony jacu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My partner and I left KC resort and over water villas 2 days ago to go to Koh phangan.
We originally booked 2 nights with breakfast to start with and as soon as we got there I immediately booked another night breakfast not included. Which didn't matter as plenty of places to have breakfast outside the hotel but not til 11am.
We personally didn't think it was worth buying breakfast at the resort as the choice wasn't huge for the price.

My original booking was with Booking.com and the extra night with Agodo.
Always good to compare prices and get the best deal.
What can I say, the hotel was great. The rooms were spacious and clean, the bathroom was big and a great walk In Shower.
Jacuzzi on the balcony was a lovely touch to a busy day around town.

All staff were great and very helpful even the security guard liked a bit of banter.

A timetabled shuttle took you into the centre of town which was great but the last return shuttle was a little to early for us at 20:50 so we just walked it. Prob took us about 15mins.

All in all for the money we paid for 3 nights it was well worth it.

We were on the 2nd floor with a sea view ( booked a garden view but was upgraded for some reason free of charge)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very comfortable and valuable hotel, it is worth to stay even the hotel pricing is slightly higher than other 4 star hotels. It's placed in the central of chaweng, and surrounding by the shops and restaurant. But, this hotel is not easy to be found on the first day on my visit. I've taken about 3 hours to relocate this hotel and finally have to pay taxi to bring me back to the hotel even it's only about 10mn distance. You have to memorise the street name and the sign board before you leave the hotel, otherwise i'm guarantee you will difficult to the way back! Me and my boyfriend really loves this hotel with its room decoration, jacuzzi and te sea view is awesome ! Highly recommended book a seaview room if you would like to try the romantics moment...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Love the over water villas . View from room is beautiful. Loved my stay. It's very near the main market and airport. Hotel staff is also very cooperative. If you want a very peaceful getaway then this is the place to be . Food quality is also very good .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raman V
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Good location close to restaurants and massage places.
Garden view room very good size but no usable balcony as it is very narrow without any chairs/table. Bathroom huge, very hi-tech but most of the towels were very old and torn with stains. The bed was very comfortable and we got very good sleep for the whole week.
Pool good with views but for the size of the hotel there is not enough loungers and they are very uncomfortable. Honesty, they are the most uncomfortale loungers I have ever experienced. Every metal bar can be felt.
The shuttle to the other KC hotel in the centre of Chaweng beach is good and goes few times a day. Make sure that you book in advance as couple of times, when we wanted to go, it was full.
I can recommend their happy hour as the cocktails were very good! We had plenty and could not find one that we did not like. At the happy hour price it is very good value.
Most of the staff are really friendly, especially the buggy boys.
If I got very good deal I might stay here again but at a full price I would chose to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zabka
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here with my wife having arrived on a long flight from Dublin. I had read the reviews with regard to the hotel being on a steep hill (which it was) however the buggy service was always ready to shuttle patrons with little or no waiting time. The room itself was spacious with a nice bathroom. The pool area is nice and the hotel offers a shuttle service to a sister hotel, KC Beach resort which is right on the beach, if you are keen on the beach I'd recommend staying here while in Chaweng. The hotel itself is a good 10 - 15 min walk to the center of Chaweng, overall a positive experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple