KC Resort & Over Water Villas
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$136
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$79
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$181
  • Pool
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$150
Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$199
  • Breakfast included
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$187
Agoda.com
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$132
Agoda.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$208
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$162
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$169
All reviewsjacuzzi on the balconyoverwater villasteep hillsea viewbuggy servicefree shuttlesister hotelkoh samuigolf buggieschaweng beachthe main roadour honeymoonroom numbersamui airportmini baramazing hoteltuk tuk
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Would avoid this hotel, for the money you would expect better service. Rude woman in reception. Hotel website had misleading information on it, so they can make extra money from you. Enjoy your stay peacefully elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tru P
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Me and the wife loved it we stayed in one if the villas they wer very comfy except for lounges they were hard, only complaints we had were they didnt have the shuttle run after 4 and last luck up was at 8.30. And shower was hard to ise and water was hot even with hot water tap was of. The staff were fantastic and friendly food is very nice and overall we would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I used to think that there cannot be a bad hotel in Thailand as the Thais are renowned for their warm hospitality .The staff at KC hotel proved me wrong .

I have a feeling that there is no training in customer service for the staff. I have not come across a bigger group of unfriendly , uninitiated hotel staff in a holiday destination like Koh Samui .

My 4-day stay also made me re- think the benefits of a well -known chain hotel - it's cookie -cutter at times - but at least our needs are taken care of and one's stay is designed to be enjoyable .

This hotel does not think through its operations well . No extra pillows in the suite; a different wifi password for each device with automatic timeout , a shuttle service that is not clear in its instructions for the pickup from Chaweng beach ( we waited for 30 min at mcdonalds as indicated in the slip we were given at check - in only to be chided by the staff that we should have called the driver and waited elsewhere . we witnessed another pair of fuesys who had the same difficulty the next day ).

Safety and security do not seem to be on their minds . The steep flight of steps to the lobby was not illuminated one evening and I told the reception staff - especially when i almost missed a step. Only to be told that their engineer was looking into it - without any concern for guests who might fall on the stairs or preventive measures in the meantime.

On another occasion, Whilst waiting for our taxi one evening , we saw the entire guestlist and their arrival / departure details and nationalities in the waiting area. This is very 'valuable' information if this falls into the wrong hands .

There appears to be a strong feeling of 'following policy ' at the hotel . We were very unfortunate to encounter this within the first hour of our arrival - a most unpleasant check in experience due to our early arrival. I understand the constraints and was prepared for a compromise or an early brunch - but we were basically told to hang around for 5 hours without any alternative even though we were booked into the largest suites in the hotel .a very special thanks to the hotel manager whom I asked to see for resolving this - before we experienced more unpleasantness .
We were reminded a few times of the cash penalty if those filmsy plastic key cards were lost; not to mention the furrowed check at breakfast against our room number instead of a ' good morning '.

We should have seen it coming -
from the time my airport transfer arrived at the airport, someone came up to me and asked for cash payment for the transfer with a very visible pouch. No welcome , no smiles . Same again when we ordered a transfer to Chaweng. Most hotels would allow us to charge this to the hotel bill or make this seamless. What if some guests had no local Currency on them ?

There was some hype for this hotel due to its overwater feature - which is nothing like those in Maldives . The hotel has features like a twin shower system with multiple jets - which is for giants I think as the water jets meant for one's body would be shooting in the face instead as it is installed too high . One doesn't need an instruction with illustration to get a good shower . Neither do we need multi - colored lights in the bathroom to impress guests .
It would be money better spent to have body lotion in the bathrooms or bedroom slippers .
Even my kids noticed that there was no proper desk in the suite , the 'bedside' clock was high behind the bed - one could not read the time when you get back to bed without sitting up n turning around.

I dropped by their sister property in Chaweng - which they seem to be quite proud of. I was hopeful of better service- but was disappointed by the lack of initiative of the staff to offer beach towels . It is totally presumptuous of the hotel to assume that those who enjoy sitting on the beach require no protection from the sun . And the attitude of the staff when I asked for parasols for the deck chairs !

The hotel clearly does not put the guests at the heart of what they do .

However , I must mention one of the hotel staff named Phu who always had a smile and showed initiative during our stay.

Based on the regular rates in various travel websites- The hotel positions itself as a 5-star property . I happened to spot a flash sale when I was surfing for a hotel . On hindsight - I wish I was not swayed by this 'Attractive deal'.

I noticed glossy videos of fashion models in promotional videos in the lobby. It's fine for the hotel to be where they are if they are positioning themselves as a 'bed and breakfast '. But if they are eyeing an international market - they need to pull up their socks. KC hotel group needs an overhaul of their staff training and operations.

I travel for work n leisure at least 20 -30 times a year- I can definitely tell a well -run hotel . This is definitely not a 5-star property .

Even if I am offered a complimentary stay , this is a hotel that I am unlikely to return . It was a waste of my vacation and I totally regret choosing this hotel .

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank twinklemelody
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed for 7 nights at this hotel and was duly impressed, however, they will need to replace the beds as they are well used and tend to sink into the middle much like a canoe and are not very comfortable. Otherwise the stay was wonderful the staff deserve 10 stars for their efficiency at all times. Loved the Jacuzzi and shower in the room as well as the balcony with a garden view. The swimming pool is lovely with beautiful views.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden view room and found this to be wonderful as in the sea facing rooms all the jacuzzi's are on the balcony which does not allow for much privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StephanieCharl
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Only stay for 1 night. Counter service was courteous and helpful. We had a jacuzzi room and was fabulous. Room wise a bit worn but overall was very pleasant.
They have a nice swimming pool too, a nice to take photograph of it's scenic sea view.
Hopefully the management will consider to refurbish this gem.
Overall very good.