With all the choice of water-front accommodation that Samui has to offer, it is difficult to imagine how one could end up staying on a hill away from the sea - a hill so steep that getting from one part of the hotel to another requires either thighs of steel or one of the hotel's own golf buggies.
In the absence of beach, one of the hotel's assumed selling points is a rather laughable set of villas 'over water' – the over water part amounting to little more than a means to inspect the plumbing beneath your floating bedroom, and with the towering presence of the main hotel block overlooking, lack even the most basic degree of privacy. Rooms in the main building however are clean, modern and comfortable and come with large Jacuzzis.
What is most striking about the KC resort in Samui though is the lack of any sense of coherent management that seems to prevail. The local staff (although always delightfully pleasant) don't really seem to know what they're doing, whether it be at reception, in the restaurant, at the other end of the phone (when they pick up that is..) There appears to be very little management hierarchy in place; instead you have two European GMs dressed all in white, swanning around with a scary ne-colonialistic swagger and air of self-satisfaction, seemingly totally disconnected from the chaos and army of local staff they are there to manage.
On the surface the KC Samui is a clean, modern and friendly hotel with nice views out to sea, but even a couple of days as a guest here will leave you feeling frustrated and probably a little ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ’KC Resort & Over Water Villas’ is located at the North of Chaweng Beach, on a hill top. This unique location allows you to be close to the center of Chaweng, where everything happens, but not be disturbed by any night time craziness. The view over the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Matlang and Chaweng Bay is spectacular and can be seen from anywhere in the resort. To fit all your need, KC Resort & Over Water Villas provides Spa-in and outdoor luxurious treatment rooms; A view Restaurant & Wine Lounge - featuring a terrace with a great view on the neighboring island and the ideal spot for dining or enjoying a drink and of course 95 exclusive rooms, suites and villas that will exceed your expectations, in a secluded estate enjoying stunning views over the cobalt blue sea and outlying islands of Koh Samui. Every room features complimentary WiFi, over size king bed with double seat Jacuzzi with light therapy system and rain shower column with acupressure jet, cordless telephone, safety box, mini bar and hair dryer with shaver socket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your KC Resort & Over Water Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kc Resort & Over Water Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Kc Resort And Over Water Villas
- KC Resort & Over Water Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng