We've been around Phuket are for a week, and planned 1 week in Koh Samui at The Park, but it became 2 weeks instead - because we loved it at The Park!
The location would seem its a little off, because you can't see the beach, but this is actually a benefit, because its always some noise around the beaches, since the single main road are built directly besides them all around the island. Renting a scooter or a car is a big plus, and its cheap, and the left hand driving isn't hard to get adjusted to. If you think about it, its cheaper to rent then to take a taxi everytime you're going somewhere, and the Park's location is perfect, either if you wan't to taste the nightlift, go shopping, or just take a roundtrip and visist the cultural part of Koh Samui
You get a free transfer to the beach with a pickup at any time, eventhough we didn't do this while we were here, we know it's a good deal, since we used it alot at our previous hotel.
This time we decided to stay by the pool in the garden and whenever we needed to go somewere, there was a taxi 5-10 minutes away. After a few days we decided to rent a scooter/bike, and we got the biggest for 300baht a day, which is the cheapest you'll get it, if you don't rent them for 2-3 weeks or so. With these parked in there garage you'll get anywhere you want in just a 5 minutes, wether its to the beach, a 5-star restaurant or shopping. We mainly used our baht for shopping in chaweng, which was about 10 minutes away from the apartments. We went to the Tesco Lotus to do the grocery and food shopping, since the FamilyMarts, 7Eleven etc is overpriced deluxe. We shopped for 4000baht and had food for 4 adults for about 4 days, thats 800 NOK which is really cheap.
We all just loved the apartments, the open and relaxing feeling of the living room and the modern kitched made everything perfect for our vacation. There is no oven to make a pizza in, but we didn't miss it at all.
The bedrooms are all ensuit, witch means they all have a bathroom w/toilet and shower/tub which is very good if someone were to experience foodpoisoning, like we did, or just for the girls to have their makeup-mirrors:P As well as ensuit, the rooms had a separate aircondition, as well as in the livingroom/kitchen.
People may complain about bugs and insects, but we bought a "bug-killer-spray" and sprayed a little around the entrances and there was only a grasshopper who come in one night and died right beside our shoes. So, I would say there wasn't much of a problem:)
The personnel was quite helpful whether it was table reservations, or late pickups for tours we were going on etc. Even on my birthday ( I didn't tell them ) they came up with a birthdaycake to me, which tasted gooood:) So kudos to The Park Samui, I've never felt this at home on vacation:)
Relaxing, modern, social, friendly, pleasent, I can't come up with enough words to describe how fantastic our stay here was!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Samui is a brand new luxury townhouse resort located close to Choeng Mon Beach, one of the best beaches on Koh Samui and close to everything. Each house sleeps four persons in two bedrooms and includes kitchen and a huge living area plus private balcony and terrace. Facilities include 2 swimming pools, fitness center, restaurant and free beach shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Park Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Samui Hotel Chaweng
- The Park Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng