We stayed at The Park Sumai in August for 5 nights as a fmaily of four with 2 young children aged 4 and 6.
We were picked up from the airport via the arranged transfer with the Park, the transfer was a lovely big car with a friendly driver. The transfer is less than 10 minutes, although when staying at the park you never heear the planes.
The welcome was very nice and friendly we were greeted with juice and cold flannels and was dealt with efficiently and quickly for the check in. By the time we got to ourr oom our luggage was waiting and all taken care of.
The rooms are fabulous, I say room however it was really a spacious two bedroom house with a terrace on the ground floor and a balcony from the master bedroom.
The house was very spacious, white modern and trendy, yet was comfortable and well equipped. As you walk through teh main patio doors you enter the large lounge with comfy sofas, TV and satelite, there are a few steps that lead down to a back door which leads to a refuse area and driveway, there are also a few steps that go up to the kitchen and dining area which overlook the lounge in a mezzanine style, there is a toilet on this level, there is then a proper staircase that leads up to the top floor where there are two bedrooms and two bathrooms, again well equipped and very comfortable.
There are two pools one for adults and one for children which both have sunbeds, the gardens are well maintained and generally the place is very clean. There is also a gym which my husband used although he did find it a little hot, there is aircon in there but only comes on when you enter the room.
The reception are also has a restaurant area where you can pay extra to have breakfast and other meals, we had breakfast here everyday we found it to be very nice well cooked food, I think if staying longer than a week the breakfast menu would be very boring however it was very nice and well priced, we ate at the park other time too for lunch and as room service again the food was very good and there is a good selection to chose from, it is one of the few places whereby the hotel food was comparable to the local restaurants.
The Park is a little out the way and is very difficult to wlak to anything if you are a person who likes everything on your doorstep then this isn't the place for you, however the hotel run a free service down to one of the local beaches which is very nice, we used taxis alot to go into the fishermans village and Chaweng, people moan about the taxi prices in Ko Samui which is expensive compared to other parts of Thailand and Malaysia but still not bad compared to UK prices and seeing as everything else was so cheap we didn't mind.
The Park is well worth a visit as accomodation is fab and well priced. The people that run the place are really nice and helpful, it was my husbands birthday when we were there and they organised a lovely cake to be delivered to our room with candles, all this was done completely free of charge and we were made to feel very welcome with our children.
We had a good stay thank you to all at the Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Samui is a brand new luxury townhouse resort located close to Choeng Mon Beach, one of the best beaches on Koh Samui and close to everything. Each house sleeps four persons in two bedrooms and includes kitchen and a huge living area plus private balcony and terrace. Facilities include 2 swimming pools, fitness center, restaurant and free beach shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Park Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Samui Hotel Chaweng
- The Park Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng