“Good resort for party people”

Ark Bar Beach Resort
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Gosford, Australia
“Good resort for party people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed in Ark Bar 3 in a junior suite and the rooms were spacious and quiet. The pool was clean and breakfast was a good choice. The music most days is constant and very house style and loud so we didn't stay there for drinks often as we are an older couple and don't like house music. The cleaning lady was very good and leave a tip for an extra bonus. The bathroom was large but the shower goes all over the floor so leave the bath mat outside the door. Laundry service was good and reasonable price. We had some young singles with us and they stayed in Ark Bar 2 and enjoyed themselves on party nights. If you are not into partying then I wouldn't suggest you stay here. If your with a group, it was close to everything - beach, bars, restaurants, shops etc. The accommodation was good, food ok and bar crowded and noisy. It was perfect for our younger friends. We organised a driver from the desk to take us around the island and he was entertaining and took us where we wanted to go and not just to spend money.

Room Tip: If you can, book the Ark Bar 3 which has it's own entry and is much quieter and larger rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

The resort is located in the central of Chaweng Beach, perfect for all the party goers. Great pool (3 pools) areas with spa, sunken bar area and DJ booth in main pool is outstanding. The beds are very hard and resort gets very busy and felt a little insecured and public and walk through the resort anytime and people don't stay in the resort can also use the pools so didn't feel very private. Restaurant has extensive menu, suitable for everyone!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from restaurant as it can get noisy all day and night long.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Leeds
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Arriving in Chaweng it seemed like the main place to be was Ark bar so after being told the wrong extortionate price when asking at the reception we booked it online. Although we booked a superior room they shoved us in a standard room with very basic facilities, 'cable tv' of very poor quality, quite pokey and broken air conditioning!!! And for over 20 GBP a night!! Although the pool facilities are really good with live music it definiately wasn't worth staying at the ark as you can use their facilities regardless!! Service was very poor with cleaners entering our room when do not disturb was on the door and receptionists too busy watching youtube to listen to you! Worst of all they are theives as 315 GBP was taken from our account when we had already paid for the resort through agoda. It was stolen just to line someones pocket. When trying to get the money back staff were very unhelpful, hung up the phone on us and did not allow us to talk to the manager. Luckily the bank were able to redeem the stolen money!! All in all do not stay here!! Its very poor and there are numerous hotels right by it that are just as nice and a quarter of the price and you can still use their facilities during the day!!! ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS!! if you do stay and pay by card check your bank account after check in!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hollie1305
TerryAB2103, Manager at Ark Bar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
VIA TRIPADVISOR MANAGEMENT HELP CENTER

October 25, 2012

To Whom It May Concern,

I write this letter on behalf of my Company, Ark Bar Beach Resort, which owns Ark Bar Beach Resort & Club in Koh Samui, (the “Resort”), and in reference to the subject stated above.

I would like to bring to your attention that Francesca Anne Carvill, a previous guest of the Resort has posted their comments on your website dated September 6, 2012 about their stay which contains false allegations regarding the Resort with the post title “Stealing, money grabbing and very poor resort.” The content of the post falsely accuses my Resort of committing a crime of theft of property (money) which has no evidence to support such claim. Furthermore, as far as I am aware, no official complaint was lodged with the authorities and the property was returned by the bank.

The allegations that were made are defamatory to me and my business and results in a criminal offence of defamation in Thailand.

For this reason, I would like to request for your assistance to resolve such matter by completely removing the post and any other comments related thereof within three (3) days of receiving this letter. I hope that this matter can be resolved expeditiously in order to avoid any further proceedings.

This Notice is written without prejudice to any rights and remedies I may have pursuant to or arising under the laws of the Kingdom of Thailand all of which are expressly reserved.

Yours Sincerely,

Ark Bar Beach Resort

Travellers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Most amazing place I have ever stayed in. Fabulous atmosphere, welcoming staff, great management team. Location was fantastic, We could literally leave our room and be sitting on the beach within two minutes. Our room was clean and catered to all our needs, and would be made up daily on request. The menu at the hotel was extensive and had something for everyone, the portions were huge. Drinks were reasonably priced around 150 Baht, and they served up every cocktail imaginable. What made our stay was the brilliant music played daily, which I have to say didn't disturb us at all when in the room, and we stayed pretty close to where the action was. We enjoyed it so much we are booking up for January today just can't wait to get back. Only been back a day and missing it already.

Room Tip: The hotel will give you another room option if you don;t find your room location suitable. Upstairs...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

If you are a party animal, you should definetly come here: the resort is just in front of the super beautiful and long beach, from the noon Djs play good dance music on the pool, the food is nice (a bit pricy if you compare to other parts of Thailand, but koh samui is really touristic so expensive); staff is kind as typical Thai, at the reception and at the bar/restaurant! Brkfst is good, you can chose 5 items for 189 bht! In the room u have aircon, a wardrobe and spaces for ladies make up:) I had one t the 2nd floor, so it was quiet!Ark bar is 2 mins walking from shops, atm, 7eleven, McDonald and green mango- the famous club in koh samui- You will enjoy this place:)

• Stayed September 2012
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I have visited Ark Bar Beach Resort 4 times over the past 3 years. I love Koh Samui and save hard every year to return. Ark Bar Beach resort was always my first choice of hotel due to its excellent location, facilities, amenities, restaurant, cleanliness etc. However I will never ever return due to an incident when I checked out yesterday morning. We were in a rush to get to airport. On check out we were summarily accused of stealing a small hand towel and were instructed to pay for it. I was shocked and taken aback at such rudeness. I have always been incredibly respectful of the hotel property and the staff. In fact I left a substantial tip in the room for the cleaning staff. I regretted this. The receptionist delivered the demand for payment in an ofensive tone and when I questioned why they would assume I would steal a small hand towel as I have no need for it, her flippant response was that she was just doing her job. The monetary value of the charge was of no consequence to me, the accusation of stealing offended me so much. I paid the charge as I was in a rush to get to the airport, too late I thought of instructing the receptionist to deduct the charge from the cleaners tip as clearly they had misplaced the towel and decided to transfer the blame to a paying guest. Something this small seems a petty gripe, but I do not appreciate being accused of stealing. My frequent custom of the Ark Bar Beach resort is terminated.

Room Tip: Ask for your junior suite to be located away from the beach if you wish to sleep before 2am as the m...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulas1001
Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I visited here with my boyfriend in July 2012. We were pleased with the rooms - Clean, air conditioned, LOCATION LOCATION!, and a great value. The only reason we didnt completely enjoy it is that it can be a little watered down and commercial. Everything has a price so dont expect to get any hospitatlity but for the location and price thats just one of the luxuries you have to forego. The hukah's and fireshows were fun but I wouldnt reccommend staying her more than a few days. We tend to like more remote and rustic areas and Lamai beach was just a better fit for us. Also - although very close to the beach, Chaweng isnt really great for swimming. Jelly fish stings were frequent and the water was shallow and dirty. Again Lamai is where you need to be for swimming.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 for the suite. Well worth the money. I think it was about $65USD per night.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort
#5 of 104 in Chaweng
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,370 reviews
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel
Baan Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Ark Bar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!