This was my third trip to Thailand in under a year and I made a massive mistake by choosing to stay at Ark Bar.
I had 8 nights booked and check in went smooth. They put me in a room next to the "See though" Pool. Once in my room I was unimpressed from what the photo's on the website looked like and what my room was like. The walls needed painting and the room smelt of the pool. The bathroom was very small and the shower sprayed in every direction, I pretty much had to run around under the shower to try and get wet. You are given 4 towels in your room, 2 big and 2 small. One of the big towel when I got there had stains on it, it looked like it had been washed by the stains had not come out, I didn't think to much of this as there was another towel so I just used that one. Now came night time, before choosing this hotel I knew it was a "Party Hotel" but my room was so close to the DJ's it shook from the bass till 2am.
The next morning I went to front desk so see if there was any other rooms further away that I could get and I was told, you guessed it NO...NO other rooms, even tho I would walk past empty ones back to my room every night.
The kicker for me was on check out. When I was checking out I was told to wait while the maid checks the room, understandable until the maid radios back and tells the counter lady that one of the towel is dirty (The stained one I said before) and I will have to pay for it. After arguments with the manager I was forced to pay a cleaning fee for the towel even tho it was in the room like that.
This hotel would have to be a lot cheaper if you wanted to stay there, think backpackers with a DJ.
I am not jaded by my whole experience I just want to warn others that it could happen to you and there are far nicer hotels on the beautiful island of Koh Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "ESCAPE YOUR WORLD AND PLAY IN OURS" We invite you to ARKbar Beach Resort, in the heart of Chaweng, the ideal location to explore and enjoy this tropical paradise. Enjoy your days under the sun on our 100 metres of spectacular beachfront and 3 swimming pools, while listening to the latest tunes being played by our resident DJ's. You will meet people from all 4 corners of the world here to party or chill in our unique, relaxing, yet vibrant atmosphere. ARKbar Beach Resort is within walking distance to the new Central Plaza Shopping Complex, all the major entertainment venues and hundreds of boutique shops, cafes and restaurants. You can dine on the beach in our beachfront restaurant and relax at any of the 3 beach bars. From 2pm our main swimming features live music while the other 2 pools are more laid back. As the evening sun sets over this tropical paradise, you will witness the beach transform into a spectacular and unique venue offering a combination of dining, drinking and socialising with free musical entertainment, dancers and fire displays. It is here that you can be a part of the world famous ARKbar Wednesday and Funky Friday Beach Party's."Escape Your World and Play In Ours" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ark Bar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ark Bar Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Ark Bar Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng