“Most memorable stay”

Ark Bar Beach Resort
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
“Most memorable stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice concept. Love the beach and pool parties. Nice and clean rooms and friendly staffs as well. Noisy at night due to the loud music and party, might not be suitable for those looking for a nice and quiet holiday. But for those lookin for excitement and music and lots of fun, this would be the perfect place to stay :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been here 3 times. But not in the Hotel. We joined the beach parties. Always a good place for party and cool people. The hotel/resort itself is more for people who are satisfied with basic style. If you are on Samui you should check out this place if you like party, music and clubbing. Good and fair priced drinks. Always party all day long.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed down the beach a bit in Montien House, there wasn't much going on at our hotel so we spent the majority of our time hanging out here, the food and drink is reasonable depending on your budget but this seems to be the hub of Chaweng...the only downside seems to be the amount of hawkers trying to get your money for example the monkey and the iguanas, the first time is funny but it gets old!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TobyKing91
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent location..i stayed for nearly 10 nights in the best room they had (Sea View) and partied every night. However the bad side of this hotel is that they charge u for everything and have so much hidden fees and extra charges waiting for u. They dont offer extra towels, or extra toilet paper, or even clean your room unless u pay EXTRA! Everything here has a PRICE....one day i got ice for free next day i paid 100baht.....When we checked in we paid a deposit of 1000bhat each room and when my family left they didnt get the money back and they said we already got it back! We never got a penny! i asked them for CCTV and they said i have to pay 500bhat for them to check it! CRROOOK! This Hotel is amazing for partying but not worth staying in as the owners are just hungry for money and nothing else! Even if your want to change the Towel for another they charge u for it!

5 Thank Bachir S

Travellers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst travelling through out Thailand, I have never been so disappointed in a hotel! They give you 1 roll of toilet paper and try to charge you for extras, they don't change your sheets and "room clean up" daily consists of making your bed (my 5 year old brother does a better job!!) The music is loud until all hours of the morning and they charge you for literally everything so take as many photos as possible prior to leaving room. Receptionist are rude and extremely unhelpful & the breakfast is average

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tyson B
New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I first visited the Ark Bar for the day while staying at another 5 star hotel. I liked the hotel so much I actually left my other hotel (prepaid) and booked a room at the Ark Bar. The restaurant has a wide selection of food and is priced cheap and it taste GREAT! The hotel has an amazing pool and beach with a DJ playing along with Saxophone and Drums on some nights. There are tons of people and the drinks are flowing. Its a great party atmosphere. If you are old and don't care for crowds and loud music, then DONT STAY HERE! There is loud music playing until 2AM every day and people walking up and down the property to come and go to the beach parties. The sound system easily pierces through the windows of your room. I don't mind the music and I love the atmosphere, so for me it was fine. The hotel room is a 3 star hotel. The bed is comfortable, and they are VERY STINGY with sheets and TOWELS! If you expect to get an extra towel, FORGET IT! I was at the pool whern I was eating and there was a spot flood rain shower. After I finished eating I brought my wet towel to them to change for a new one, and they told me "Sorry Sir it's one towel per guest per day". I couldn't believe my ears. I was a guest at the hotel and they won't even change my towel?? It upset me actually and I wanted to post it here. Also for some reason the WIFI is guarded like Ft knox. They change the passwords every day and getting it from the staff on the phone is impossible as their English is not the greatest. Each time I called, I was forced to walk all the way to the front desk to get the new passwords. They need to ease up with the WIFI and perhaps just use your room number and last name, that is what most hotels do. Its just WIFI! Back to my review. I ate dinner on the beach and it was amazing. The BBQ Fish was awesome and drinks by the beach watching the fire show was PERFECTION. It took away all of the anger I had for them for not giving me a new towel and more. So this hotel has great benefits and I guess they out weight the few stupid drawbacks. I do hope they fix some of their silly rules such as the one towel rule and the crazy WIFI passwords. I do plan to go back there again on my next visit to Koh Samui and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the middle - Not too close to the pool/beach/loud music.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Me and my friend made the decision to stay at ark bar for 4 nights, and my experience of it was that it was good for people that likes to party with other tourists. But 4 nights is enough. After the second day we got tired of loud music at day time while we were tanning, but after all - we made a lot of friends from all around the world while living there because that is where all tourists go to day time (and night time) party at the pool or the beach. But if you want to relax, do not rent a room at ark bar. If you want to both party and relax (like us) stay at a hotel next to ark bar, but I do not recommend to stay there.
The service was ok.
The rooms is modern, small, but good air conditioning, good showers and average beds.
we heard the breakfast was bad- but we did not try it ourselves.
You get very good laundry service there (they charge, but not much. 60TBH for over 1kg)

Room Tip: Rooms next to both of the receptions are quieter. Choose your room wisely because there is music goi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort
Banana Fan Sea Resort
#5 of 104 in Chaweng
Baan Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel

Been to Ark Bar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!