The FX Resort has been rebranded as 'The Avenue Hotel', which is a much more suitable name given that it's a hotel, not a resort. It's not far from the main road and only a 6-minute walk to the beach, but it's in an awkward area of Chaweng that feels like the type of place gentlemen come to relieve themselves in Thai company. The rooms and lobby are clean and renovated and the lady who works at the front desk is lovely; she let us have our pick of three rooms when we were unhappy with the first. One thing we loved about our room was the curtain-less glass shower, though that's because we're a young couple and not a family of four. The rest of the hotel is a little less refined - stains all over the hallway carpets and ants inside the cappuccino machine. The biggest no-no of all, however, is that The Avenue charges 100 baht per hour to use hotel WiFi.
Bottom line: there are a bazillion other hotels and resorts that are equally as nice and in much better locations for the same price as Avenue or less, with WiFi included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Avenue Samui, Koh Samui is a well-established resort perfectly suited for a relaxing getaway. Set amidst lush tropical garden in Chaweng area, this stylishly-designed resort is near Koh Samui's hottest spot and entertainment belt. It is situated within 5 minutes' walking distance to the beach and is only 15 minutes drive to Koh Samui International Airport. The resort features 75 spacious guestrooms, fully equipped with all essential in-room amenities to provide most comfortable and pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Avenue Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fx Resort Chaweng Hotel Bophut
- The Avenue Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng