“More than your money's worth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baan Suan Sook Resort

Baan Suan Sook Resort
Ranked #32 of 65 Chaweng B&B and Inns
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“More than your money's worth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed in Ground Room 6; your basic room with air con, clean and tidy, new bottles of cold water every day, room cleaned every day. The pool might be a bit of a treck to get to but it's more than worth it once you're there, with a stunning view. Fantastic location, walking distance from the busy strip. If that's too far,the hotel will drive you there for free. Breakfast was the best I have ever had, the people were lovely and overly accommodating and they have a very cute dog! Definitely recommend. You can even rent mopeds for £3 a day. Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms are good, if family, ask for a room further down the hill
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank snelson166

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here unfortunately for 4 nights and checked out a week early. Cost me 600 euro to change hotel but could not stay another minute.
Location on side of a hill and fronts on to seedy area with nothing around only supposedly fab ice bar which was crap.
15 mins by taxi to main strip.
2 Rooms were small and reasonably clean. No area to sit only outside where you are eaten by mozzys.
Bathroom disgusting and old.
We done all our sightseeing so we would spend as little time as possible there. The pool was a hike up a vertical path and was also dirty or out of action.
The only good thing was the young lad behind reception who was a lovely guy and when we told him we were leaving early he was not surprised and apologised for the state the resort was in.
This place needs a major overhaul to come anywhere near standard of other hotels.
Please don't stay here because it will ruin your holiday.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Alan B

Travellers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you came here expecting luxury you would be dissapionted. Nevertheless for what it costs I think it is good value for money. A lovely pool with some of the best views is very relaxing. The young guy who does nearly everything in the hotel could not be nicer. A small family run hotel with its own character. My wife and I enjoyed it but dont come here expecting a fancy hotel with restaurants and bars etc. It is more suited for those wanting a quite hotel to relax. The villas are very basic but have ecerything you need and are to a clean standard.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jkmrfc
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

Baan Suan Sook Resort is situated very close to Chaweng almost opposite the Ice Bar and on the hill below the Kao Hua Jook Pagoda. From the moment I arrived till when I left I found the resort staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and any issues were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The villa I had for my 15 nights was spotlessly clean and serviced by the maids who changed the bedding & towels daily. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the aircon worked to keep the villa cool. There was a safe in the room and nothing went missing during my stay. The water pressure in the shower was a bit low but considering how high my villa was that was not surprising. I was in one of the Lake View villas which was up the hill a bit but I could get most of the way on my moped so very little climbing was involved. The staff were happy to run you up the hill in a jeep if you could not manage the walk. The pool is at the top of the resort but there were steps so getting there was easy enough & well worth the climb. The view from the top was spectacular. Despite being close to the Ice Bar & the Q Bar the resort was fairly quiet. You can hear the traffic on the road and during November for the festival of Loi Krathong they set up a music stage by the lake so you get some noise from that. As the airport is just over the hill you can also hear the planes taking off. Chaweng is close enough to walk to in 15 minutes and there are shops, restaurants and laundries close by. Hiring a moped from the resort was easy and the bike I had was nearly new. As it is quite central, exploring the island was easy. I am happy to recommend Baan Suan Sook Resort to everyone. I really enjoyed my stay there and would certainly be very happy to stay there again when I return to Samui.

Room Tip: if walking is an issue ask for a villa lower down the hill, they are cheaper too.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Simon C
Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We arrived and were shown to our bungalow which was the 2nd one up from the restaurant. The room was clean and the AC worked well. We did not use the restaurant but we did help ourselves to beers from the cooler anytime we wanted (honor system). When we went for a swim, the climb was a long and steep one but we were rewarded with a great view of the ocean (very distant) and the bay.
They do rent scooters which make getting to the beach and the nightlife easier.

Overall, the price was around 1000 THB for the room and the service was fine. We would recommend this place to our friends if they don't mind being away from the beach and the nightlife.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chocolatemonkee
thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

dont stay at baan suan sook the owners are typical thai liars the lady at the reception her name is toy {mia noi} is a liar she will quote you a price then give you a much larger bill when you check out and the state of their accomodation is a disgrace also the cleaners will steal what ever you leave in your room

Room Tip: no rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank pattarasuda m
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I choose this hotel as it was one of the only hotels that i could find in the UK that could sleep 4 people and was available on specific dates.

I travelled alone, but was meeting 3 of my friends who were already on Samui, hence needing to book in advance.

I was the first of our group to arrive and the guy on reception was so helpful and friendly. He drove me up the steep hill to our bungalow and showed me where the pool was etc.

When i entered our bungalow the size astounded me - it was huge and the beds were too, i was pleasantly surprised. My sister and her friends arrived shortly after and had been staying in some very basic accomodation and so were very pleased with our room.

It was clean, tidy, comfortable and a lovely start to our time together.

The swimming pool.....................well.....................it is truly amazing. The views from the pool are gorgeous!!! The pool is at the top of a steep hill (the guy from reception drove us up!!) but the walk would have been worth it! It is set almost in woodland and you can hear the monkeys playing in the trees whilst looking out across Samui, Chaweng and the gorgeous beach - true paradise! The food on offer at the pool was tasty and good value too.

The guy on reception took us into Chaweng and picked us up, he was a real gem!!

Overall, an awesome stay - highly recommended

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katielou28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
First Residence Hotel
#53 of 65 in Chaweng
Baan Rom Mai
Baan Rom Mai
#17 of 65 in Chaweng

Been to Baan Suan Sook Resort? Share your experiences!