“Friendly staffs” 3 of 5 bubbles

Reuan Thai Village
Pattaya, Thailand
“Friendly staffs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Its small hotel. There is nothing I like except friendly staffs. When i arrived in the evening, there was no receptionist to arrange checking it I had to wait. =( Room was okay, but toilet was dirty with dust on the floor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhimChan

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I booked a room at this hotel through a travel agent in Bangkok. Later I read a review of the hotel on tripadvisor and was worried about the dogs more than anything else. When I arrived at the hotel, I advised the person working behind the desk about the review and that I don't like dogs barking at me and chasing me. He assured me that they don't bite! I stayed at that place for 4 nights. Although, I had problems only on three occasions, I think it was three too many. On one occasion I was blocked from getting to the reception desk to leave my key by the yellow Labrador barking energetically at me - probably harmless, but I just froze and could not understand why the guy didn't stop the dog, eventually did. Another time, I parked my motorbike and a big dog at the back of the property got really excited barking and started running full speed at me, I had to run to my room, I fumbled with my key, unlocked my door and ran inside - made it! The third time, the Labrador charged at me as I was returning to the hotel at around 1 am - "must be a curfew" I thought. Luckily for me the Labrador was a little overweight and gave up half way as I sped up the steep driveway to my room.
Besides the dogs, the place itself wasn't too bad. My room was pretty clean, including the sheets. The air-conditioner was a little weak but after a little time I was able to get a comfortable temperature. The bathroom was average, no bench in the bathroom to put your toiletries, I had to keep my toothbrush, shaving stuff etc. in the bedroom area. The shower curtain was on the wrong side of the toilet, so the toilet seat got wet every time you had a shower. Loose shower head holder, with shower head spray going off in all directions. A hole in the toilet washing hose, so that it continuously sprayed water. Grey marks on the bottom side of the toilet seat and inside the seat cover - not sure if this was fungus or not - I didn't want test it.
The swimming pool looked nice, but was totally in the shade because of the dense trees around it.
The reception area which looks as though it was once a bar and restaurant, is now the dog sleeping area, with one table and couple of rickety chairs used by the reception guy.
On the positive side, I had the whole place practically to myself. I think there was only one other room being occupied while I was there. It was also pretty cheap at 600 Baht per night. I liked the forest setting, and when the Q-Bar up the hill wasn't having a party, it was pretty quiet.
Overall, I would recommend this place to dog-lovers.

Room Tip: Bring mosquito repellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank OutbackSky
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed over new year. The hotel took some finding on the north side of the lake in the middle of nowhere about 2 km from Chaweeng Beach. No one had heard of it. The hotel and room looked fine. The setting nice and leafy with apple trees all around. We had to negotiate a steep hill from reception to room so the disabled or aged will struggle here.

The room was spacious however the faults were numerous. Firstly the air con just blew out warm air whether you set at 15c 25c or 30c. When will these Thai's release europeans want cold crisp air con. Because of the leafy setting there's mozys all over.

Secondly even though the location was quiet there was a big nightclub at the top of the hill where booming music until 5am kept me awake. Sleeping not easy here! Also on an evening as you walked back up the hill to your room the hotels many labrador & other dogs charged at you barking. Very intimidiating if you dont like dogs.

Finally and most important. Because we go to Samui late december we know there can be heavy rain. So we booked this hotel because they advertise free Wifi and very good tv channels including sport. Well it rained very hard the last 2 days and so the wifi signal which had previously not been good went down. Also the "very good!" tv channels for sport including a ladies golf channel much alpine skiing and some insignificant bundes league soccer. When will these thai's realise good sport means english soccer USA sports. I feel cheated they sold me this room on the understanding we would have good wifi and good tv channels with good live sport.

Also when we pointed out the short comings in the evening a couple of very likeable smiling Burmese men just shrugged their shoulders and said "no speak english good" My thai girl friend said they also did not speak thai. Typical reaction if there are problems! There was a english speaking lady who worked during the day. I asked for a motor bike to rent giving her two days notice. When I went down at 9.30am to book the bike she said they no longer had the bike. This meant one hour trailing in to the village to hire another one (for 50B less) By this time it had started raining & did not stop all day.

I have stayed in another lame duck of an authentic thai hotel in Pattaya and will steer well clear in future as they do not seem to have a clue how to cater for european and american customers

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roverEngland

Travellers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
NovaSamui Resort Koh Samui
Behind The Scene Hotel Club @ Samui
Chaweng Park Place
Chaweng Park Place
#38 of 71 in Chaweng

Been to Reuan Thai Village? Share your experiences!