Moby Dick Guesthouse
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsowners were friendlytriple roomwalking distancefridgebackpackers
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Ok rooms at decent rates which cater for the backpacker on a budget. However, the noise at night is loud! We both had ear plugs and could still hear the bass thumping through our ears!

Would also add that we went for a air con room (600 baht), as these rooms were on the floor above the pub and had access to the WiFi router (positioned in the bar), I would not recommend doing this - the WiFi is the worst I have ever used - off more times than it's on and when it did work it was slow!

In summary, good place to stay if you want no frills place, perfect if you plan on going out at night and sleep in the day! Hotel is located nearby all local bars and clubs.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My freind had stayed at this hotel for five times previous years and always adviced it. It is not the ritz but it has everything you want from in thailand, aircondiditoing and chang when ever you want it plus food. The staff are amazing the bar girls are amazing. If you want to sleep at night dont stay here as there a night club next door and music gets played untill early hours of the morning. But I had a blast there. I had my 21st Birthday there and they threw me a party and it was superb, everybody had a great time! definitely stay here if you want a party thai exsperience!!

Room Tip: There is rooms on top floor which i advice to take they are a bit more exspensive but worht it
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Callum G
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Room itself was ok, had air conditioning and tv. However staff were very unhelpful, and we had hardly any sleep as there was loud music until about 6am. Don't stay there unless you would be out partying all night!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from the road - it might be quieter!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The guesthouse is in central of chaweng where the best nightclubs and pubs are. Good location. Short distance to the beach and Chaweng mainroad shops.
Room was airconned and had bathroom, balcony, TV, fridge. It was cheap (600baths) and clean.
Downstairs is restaurant and pub. Good breakfast, good food and good beer. Not expensive at all. There is also 3 excelent pool tables. I watched also lots of football from the big screen there is.
Very nice, happy and helpful staff. I had a good time there and i'm definetly going back. there!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed here for a night in June 2006. It was one of the worst night's sleep I've ever had. In fact I don't think I even slept. I ended up getting up again and going back out.

The "hotel" - it's actually more of a hostel, I don't recall a reception even - is right smack bang in the middle of all the bars at 'Green Mango', so music blasts right through the night. The rooms were very basic. Bedding was crap, tele was crap, I don't recall having a bathroom, it must have been pokey if we did, and I recall there being spiders climbing the walls as well.

If you're just looking for somewhere to stash your bags for the day and go out, this is a decent bet, as I think it was about £5/£10 a night to stay there.

There are no facilities that I remember, such as swimming pool or restaurants. I'm pretty sure it's just rooms. Can't even remember there being lifts.

This is getting worse. I'll leave it there!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends