Banyan House Samui bed and breakfast
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$79
  • Pool
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$152
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$148
OZOHotels.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$169
  • Pool
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$186
Agoda.com
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$132
Agoda.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$135
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$354
US$82
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$206
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$233
Orbitz.com
All reviewschoeng monkoh samuitokhostsaccommodationairport
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I did not stay here but had a glimpse of the room. Everything was well kept and I was brought around by the Thai owner. The whole concept of having your own cafe and living space together is such a great idea. The cafe was just at the yard but visible when you drive past by the road.

My boyfriend and I were on our way to Chaweng to return our motorbike and passed the quaint little white cafe which looked pretty. We decided to stop by for coffee. The Thai owner was pleasant and staff was relatively great so went alfresco and decided to relax for a bit even though we were late for our motorbike return at Chaweng.

However my boyfriend then decided that he needed to call the motorbike company to inform the rental company that we wanted to extend our rental, in case he wonders if we went missing with his bike. We thought if the Banyan House owner(s) had a local phone, or spoke in Thai, it would be easier and we didn't have to incur unnecessary international call charges and still be unable to communicate with the Thai motorbike boss.

A Caucasian man (or owner) told us no one can help as staff can't understand English to translate to Thai and the Thai owner of the house has gone out. No one could help us communicate in Thai to the motorbike company. But it was ok, we decided to try even though we were told we would be charged 50 baht for this call which my boyfriend mentioned, lasted for few seconds.The caucasian man helped us spoke in Thai! (to my boyfriend's surprise)

I am curious about the "lie" even up till now and felt it was unnecessary. Also, the Thai owner who brought me around was really friendly. But not the other one. This experience helps me in making my accommodation decision in Samui wisely.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael F, Owner at Banyan House Samui bed and breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Sir/madam

Thank you so much for your review of your visit to Banyan House coffee garden and restaurant.
what really matters to me is that our customers enjoy there visit.And we have a proven track record for this.
I would like to point out to you a explanation on your review that you posted on tripadvisor.
that you was curious about a lie.
myself Michael (Owner) and my business partner.Have been running our business for over a three year period.We are always willing to show guests around of our conservatory coffee garden our rooms that we offer if they are available to see.We really prefer to show on appointment or at a time they are vacant.Then you will see and have better feeling of the room types and facilities available.And you can not review a property with out staying for a period of time to get the real ambiance and feeling.
As you mentioned in your review that you was curious about a lie taking place.
I was the person that you spoken to and asked me to call your motorbike rental company.
As you was a outside guest(not staying at Banyan House) there would have to be a charge for a local call.As all around the world if you make a call there is a charge.And our charge as i informed you would be 50 baht which you agreed.And given you the option if you would like to use my telephone service which you did.
As i informed you at the time that my staff are unable to speak fluent English. And myself can not speak fluent Thai(around 40%) .And if i translate to my staff there would be some communication error.So therefore it was better for your boyfriend to call his motorbike rental
as he is the hire of the bike and needs to extend his rental period.
My business partner who is Thai and at the time was not on the property .
There was no lie from myself and a misunderstanding from your self and boyfriend.
I did inform in Thai to my staff how much to charge you which i can do count in Thai.
Hopefully this explains to you and you could have asked me at the time and would have clarified
to you.And explained the situation.
Warm regards
owner
Banyan House samui bed and breakfast

Reviewed 13 October 2013

A real home from home! Excellent value, excellent service, all in all, superb. All you need in a small guest house, lovely rooms, all the amenities and very attentive staff.Michael was always in the background to ensure we had all we needed.

Its location is fine, a short taxi to the night life, we had no problem getting about from here..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Atlast12
Michael F, Owner at Banyan House Samui bed and breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Tim.

Greeting from Banyan House Samui bed and breakfast
perfect setting for peaceful vacation.

Thank you so much for the assessment of your stay at Banyan House,
What really matters to me is that our guests enjoy there visit and that we looked after you well.
so i do appreciate knowing that you had a great visit.And thank you so much for the review that you have done for us.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My son and I would highly recommend Banyan House for your stay in Koh Samui. We got a very warm welcome from Michael and all the staff. The room was spotless and very comfortable. The rates were very reasonable and we were very happy with everything during our stay. The house was very quiet and peaceful, but close enough to the town (a ten minute journey in a tuk tuk). The beach was just across the road, (a five minute walk). All in all perfect!! On the first day we got a very wide smile from all the staff and a guide book about Koh Samui, Michael recommended some very beautiful places to visit and admire. He was extremely helpful and informative. The breakfasts were simple, but very tasty and served in a beautiful tea room next to the house.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank 14Ursula
Michael F, Owner at Banyan House Samui bed and breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you so much for the excellent review that you gave us during your stay at Banyan House.
i was so happy that you was very happy with your room,and the facility provided and location.
i will share your review with my team.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The place is beautiful, clean, less than 10-minute to airport, and much less expensive than big hotels in Samui. Just like the name "Banyan House", the place used to be a big house before. The bedroom has everything that I want, namely, cable TV, Wi-Fi, electric outlets, minibar, enough lightings, armchair, clock, wardrobe, locker, and air conditioner. The bed, blanket, table, floor, bathroom, and towel are neat and clean. Two owners, one English one Thai, and staffs are helpful, friendly, and informative. While booking a room on website, I can also book a ride from/to the airport for 400 Baht/turn, which is less expensive than a local taxi. Note that taxi in Samui is much more expensive than taxi in Bangkok. In the morning, I go to see the staffs, who prepare a breakfast for me, and just sit at a table for a minute. Then, they serve me juice, squeezed from fresh fruits, a pot of tea, toasts, butter&jam, fried eggs, sausages, or fruit salads with yoghurt. Since I don't want fitness, swimming pool, or tennis court, I don't have to go to big hotels. In conclusion, Banyan House gave me everything I got from big hotels plus other better things. So, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I only see the room that I stay, but I think every room is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Michael F, Owner at Banyan House Samui bed and breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Sir.
Greeting from Banyan House Samui.
Thank you so much for staying with us at Banyan House.
We very much appreciate your positive feedback.
Hope to see you again in the near future.

owner

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a homely place with a very nice garden and a cafe right at the lawn. The owners are friendly and gave us some tips on getting around, but we never planned to go anywhere anyway.

The location of this b&b isn't the best, so if you are looking for a place near the beach or shops this isn't the place for you. We were on a lay over from Koh Phangan and was to be at the airport early the next morning, so the location near thr airport was our consideration. We just spent our time lazying around the compound. The coffee and cake were good, so was lunch.

There is access to the beach through the hotel across the road, but it isn't the sandy type. You can easily flag a pickup taxi (sharing) from the road to town.

Oh, they have a few lovely dogs.

my wife and I enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Norman T
Michael F, Owner at Banyan House Samui bed and breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Thanks for your comments they are very much appreciated.