“Good location good room”
Review of Samui Verticolor

Samui Verticolor
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Melbourne, Australia
“Good location good room”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is to the south end of chaweng beach but is good because you can get some quiet rest. Although a 5 to 10 min walk depending on how many shops you look at, will have you right in the thick of all the action. Rooms are well worth the price.. They have scooters for rent which are linked to the hotel.. I hired a scooter twice and had no dramas with it.. Recommend to anyone who wants to save a bit of cash but still stay at an excellent hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
SamuiVerticolor, Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
On behalf of "Samui Verticolor" Management teams and Staffs. We would like to "THANKS YOU"
for such and beautiful review and would like to thanks you very much choose our hotel as your destination for your Holiday Vocation in Koh Samui.

With such a beautiful complimentary from you will motivate all of ours management team and staff to work harder and improving a better services. With such complimentary it is like a bless of god to motivate everyone here. We are very thankful to have you as our guest and would like to "Thanks You" for choose our Hotel Samui Verticolor as your destination. We hope to see your again next year we will prove that your complimentary will not be just a west because we will improve hard and better for you. Hope to see you again

Thanks You

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

It's a very nice hotel with all the stuff we needed.

The view wasn't great however it's not a big deal for us. I was bitten by bed bugs the first night i was there and the second night was even worse. It's super itchy and it's annoying to be covered in red rash while on holiday.

The staff were really friendly and attentive. I would have given 5 star for the stay if the bed sheet had been cleaner...

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Sir/Madame

for you review and would like to thanks you very much choose our hotel as your destination for your Holiday Vocation in Koh Samui.

We would like to apologize for your inconvenient that course during your stay at our Hotel. As this complaint course will used your information for improve better services on our laundry services which base on "hygienic" on bed sheet and laundry services for better and cleaner laundry that will be used to all of our guests. We normally watch our bed sheet everyday on used bed sheet but since this complaint happen we will keep and eye more on this. Since this situation had happen to you. On behalf of management team and staff we would like to apologize for your difficulty that course to you during your stay at our hotel.

We will use your review as your advice and guide with great knowledge for improving our hotel services in the future.

Thanks your for your complaint from such great reviewer.
With your complaint will lead our hotel to success in the future.

Thanks You Very Much

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The first room they gave me had a foul smell and I had to change rooms. The 2nd room was bigger and much nicer. The aircon worked well and the room was spacious and modern with a reasonable bathroom.
Reception staff were always rude and not at all interested in their customers.
There was a bar playing very loud live music outside my room every night until 3am. This really stopped me from sleeping and ruined my plans as I had to sleep late next day. This is not the hotels fault, but had a massive impact on my stay.
Wifi is not free in the room. it's 350THB for 24 hours access. This card can be used over several days, so unless you spend hours online, one card will last throughout your stay. Personally I found this good value because the internet was very fast and reliable.
Location is ok just a 2 minute walk from the main road, but maybe 15 mins away from the main area.
Pool looked nice and was always quiet. Did not try restaurant.
I liked the hotel and I can cope with the rude receptionists, but I would not return due to the loud music every night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
SamuiVerticolor, Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Sir/Madame

We would like to apologize for your inconvenient that course during your stay at our Hotel. As this complaint course will used your information as our guide to training our staff at the reception and all departments for a better services. I am very sorry that we located you were there is noisy bar close by to your room, in the future time if your have a chance please do not hesitate to contact the reception we will relocate the room for you because be know that your holiday is very special and it is the only time were you can relax, sit back and enjoy your vocation. Even though the problem is from out source but still our hotel must apologize for your difficulty that course your stay at our hotel.

Thanks your for your complaint from such great review.
With your complaint will lead our hotel to success in the future.

Thanks You Very Much

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Very good service and I so happy. I will be back again next year. I love samui verticolor so much. I hope for everyone come to samui and sleep at the hotel samuiverticolor I confirmed you happy source. ....

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank amanda_jasika
SamuiVerticolor, General Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Value Guest,

On behalf of hotel management, We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind staying with us. We promise that we will let our staff keep running out the service as you compliment at all. We look forward to seeing you here at all time.

with warm regards,
Samui Verticolor Management Team
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Samui for a night here hotel is gorgeous inside and out staff couldn't be nicer! Free wifi in reception and pool you had to pay to use in the rooms. We got free upgrade to deleuxe room bed was big and comfy big tv and lovely bathroom with powerful shower. The bathroom did flood after shower but not a big deal! It is a 15 walk to the main bars and restaurants this wasn't an issue for us though. Wish we had longer in Samui I would defo reccomend it.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Value Guest,

On behalf of hotel management. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you kind staying with us and informing us the inconvenience in something such as bathroom that made you unsuitable. We apologize and will solve and maintain that all. We look forward to seeing you here at all time.

Samui Verticolor Management Team
london
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I love the staff here. Very friendly and always do a great job. Food is nice. Pool is very nice and large. The rooms are always very clean and are of a very good standard. Nice comfy bed, nice bathroom with great shower. Good aircon and flat screen tvs. I have stayed here a number of times the past few years and it never lets me down. It did used to be a bit cheaper but internet deals can be found. Its close to the beach and is offset from the main road so is very quiet. I can not fault this place and Im glad I found it. My go to hotel in chaweng area.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ccc03
SamuiVerticolor, General Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Value Guest

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to fill in our guest comment form and for your kind input. We also would like to thank you for having chosen Samui Verticolor for your recent vacation.
We always appreciate receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standard of service for our guests.

Warm regards,

Yodpetch
North Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 days in November 2013.

The hotel was amazing value for money. I was given a free upgrade to a deluxe room. The cost for a king sized bed in a large modern (18 months or so old?) well equipped room excluding breakfast for up to 2 people was £44 (for 2 days).

Being located next to on the main road it is well located. Cost by ‘van taxi’ into the centre is £1.40 (they ask for £2). The room was large modern and very attractive with a good effective air conditioning system. It had a large 32 inch modern TV (many channels incl. some English) , a room safe is provided with effective air con. It boasts a good sized bathroom with modern fixtures and a shower with plenty of hot water. Free water, and you can make yourself some tea or coffee. There is a free car park.

The free internet in the lobby works very well. You pay for wifi in your room – a shame as every hotel on my trip provides this free. They should do the same. Add a £1 a night if necessary.

I did not try the breakfast at £1.50 as it stopped at 10.00 am... I would like them to extend this to 11.00 a.m. The staff are good and helpful..

Overall I was very pleased with my stay and would recommend the hotel and stay there again. The value is top rate is the provision. I consider it 4 star and is by far the best Hotel I have stayed in at Koh Samui.

Room Tip: Just stay there!