Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We stayed here purely based on closeness to our friends fancy hotel. It was a short stroll to the centre of Chaweng where all the restaurants are. A 24 hr mini mart across the road and money changer, great Thai massage place up the road. The hotel itself has a very mexican look to it. The room we got was very large and spacious enough for 2 adults and 1 child. The rooms are kinda stuck in a 70's time warp but that wasnt really a problem. The bed was a little on the hard side would be my only complaint. The pool was nice and hardly ever any one around it so we had it to ourselves mostly. The one thing I would say is that the breakfast here is awful. Glad I never paid for a room with breakfast as it would of been a waste of money. The only other issue I had would be lack of mosquito fogging, I found the mosquitos a problem!! Would stay again tho based on price as it was very reasonable and quite well maintained considering it really is a budget hotel.

Room tip: all rooms with veranda were excellent, there was one small room without one so I would not want that!!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Naomi H
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This s the third time I've stayed, and I just can't say enough good things about it. I think anyone would fall in love with such a sweet place, the charm, the employees and the family.ill go back next year

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank barbara1954_13
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The bungalow we had was b 04.
The room is tiny with your bed up three steps as you enter the glass sliding door.
Basically a hard mattress on the floor.
A hard seating area is before the bed, but as there is no room what so ever this is the only place for you to put your suitcase.
The bathroom, was very very damp, with black mould on the wall above the toilet.
There was only one mirror, which had no power sockets near it.
The week we were there we complained and got free breakfasts for the rest of the week.
The room was that damp that the last two nights we checked into another hotel across the road called Pandora Hotel.
In comparison it was heaven, dry clean rooms and the breakfast was included and was excellent.
The chalala was in a good location, on the beach, the breakfasts were good, but not as good as the Pandora.
3 days after leaving the Chalala, my clothes in my suitcase are still damp.
This accommodation is far below par. Avoid

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Didn't stay here but ate here nearly every other day, food was fantastic if you love Thai food this place is a must also great cocktails just sitting watching the world go bye. Staff are very friendly also x

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank D19VOY
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This was our third stay at Chalala in as many years. A wonderful small beachfront resort at the northern (and quieter) end of Chaweng Beach but just a short and easy walk to the centre of the resort. Rooms are situated in well planted gardens, There is a lovely pool,which rarely gets busy, and a restaurant serving inexpensive but good quality Thai dishes. They also have some tables on the beach for waterside dining. The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is that over the last couple of years the bathrooms have deteriorated and whilst the floor of our bathroom had been re-tiled the rest of the bathroom was grotty with large patches of mould on the ceiling and walls. I do hope that they will refurbish the bathrooms soon as they are letting down a wonderful little resort

Date of stay: February 2017