“Good hostel”

Embassy Lakeview
Ranked #28 of 65 Chaweng B&B and Inns
“Good hostel”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've been staying in embassy lakeview for 5 days and Luigi the owner was very helpful and welcoming
Being solo I had to pay for two to have my own room so the value for money was good but not great, if you travel in couple or with friends it's a great value for money though
The room had a fan and a large double bed, it was quite dark and had only the necessary
The showers and toilets were a bit crowded with Mosquitos but my room didn't have any (luckily)
The location was quite good, easy to go to the Main Street (around 5 minutes) and to the beach (around 10)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Families
Business
London
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is one of the best budget hotels I've ever stayed in. The location is great, away from the noise of the main street but close enough to walk. The rooms are clean and decent sized. The facilities work, are clean and have hot water. The restaurant is undisputably the best Italian in Thailand. Seriously good Italian food, all cooked by the owner and at a very reasonable price. I would never stay anywhere else if I was back in Samui.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a budget room in chaweng, and from what we found online, embassy looked like a good bet.
We were greeted by the owner, Luigi, and shown to our room. For the price we were paying, we were pleasantly surprised at the room we got. It is basic but it's all u need in my opinion, comfy double bed, fan, tv and DVD player (which Luigi has a large selection of films u can borrow for free). The room was very clean, as were the shared toilets and showers. Location is great! Only 5 minute walk to the main strip, meaning your not bothered by the noise from the clubs but still in very easy walking distance.
Luigi is top guy! Very friendly and helpfull. Great cook! Had a pizza and a bolognese while there that were on par with my Nonno's cooking! Very ralaxed chilled out vibe in the bar, great taste in music, and happy for you to play your own.
Would definitely recommend if your looking for a cheap room, and will be heading straight here if I am in chaweng again

• Stayed July 2013
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We searched around to find a nice place and found that Embassy was in a nice location and by far the cheapest around, There was a slight problem with an overbooking the first night but Luigi arranged for us to stay in another guesthouse and payed the difference for us.

The rooms were basic, bed, TV and fan. Both the door and window opened into the corridor which remained relatively cool, so if you opened both and positioned the fan in the right place, you had your own heat exchange system. There was also a DVD player and heaps of films you could borrow for free. The shared bathrooms were always clean and tidy.

Now, the food. Luigi is a decent cook, in fact as I'm writing this my girlfriend is asking if we can email him to get a recipe or 2. It, like the room, is also really cheap. Luigi is a top bloke, has a great taste in music which he'll have playing in the restaurant and then there's Lulu (I think) his little pup who was adorable.

We'll Definitely stay here again if we come back to Koh Samui.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan D
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Came here after finding it on hostel world and was very glad we did, only booked 2 nights and stayed for 7. It was, from what we saw, the cheapest place around but was really good and easily close enough to the main strip and beaches. The pizzas are amazing! And lovely coffee.

• Stayed May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Upon first visit to Koh Samui it was difficult to find cheap and easily accessible accomodation. Hostel World lead us to 'Embassay Lakeview' which was only $14 per night split between myself and a friend. A relative bargain for Thailand. The initial visit was a tad surprising as the hostel was quite small and from the outside a little secluded. However once we met the owner, and were taken to our room, happiness increased. The Owner, named Luigi, is simply put a legend. The warm welcome and Italian accent made for a comfortable living arrangement. We enjoyed watching the Satellite TV with free reign over the channels while Luigi cooked the most amazing Italian food I've ever eaten. Pasta and pizza were incredible. One minor, very minor drawback from the hostel is it's location, which still only takes a 5-10 minute walk to the main strip. I would recommend anyone looking for cheap and friendly accommodation to stay with Luigi and his hostel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mitchell S
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We turned up at the Emb@ssy guesthouse with no reservation, and they had no room for us at the guesthouse, but they had a room available at another of their guesthouses - Embassy Lakeview. (I couldn't find Embassy Lakeview on here so I'm including it under Embassy).

Nice cosy room with air conditioning and TV with DVD player including some DVD's.

Eventhough the guesthouse was not on the main road with all the pubs etc, there was a lot of noise through the air con with people outside talking ALL NIGHT. It was very annoying, and very hard to sleep with all the noise.

Also, there were lots of ants in the shower room and toilets - perhaps they could try and keep them away somehow. The showers and toilets were communal and therefore not in our room so the ants problem was not in the room.

I would definitely recommend this guesthouse to others, but would advise you to keep away from room number 1 where the problem with the noise through the air con. I'm sure that wouldn't be much of a problem if we were in another room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ceri85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort
#19 of 65 in Chaweng
Chaweng Park Place
Chaweng Park Place
#41 of 73 in Chaweng

Been to Embassy Lakeview? Share your experiences!