“Do not stay here!!”

B2@Samui Beach Resort
Ranked #96 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Me and my boyfriend booked 5nights here. Upon arrival the staff seemed friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and tidy with fresh towels. On our second night stay however we went out for dinner at 8pm following dinner then did some shopping at the local stalls, we decided to take everything we had bought back to the room get some more money then go for a drink. When we came back to the room and opened our bag to get the money all of it had gone (this totalled £250/11,000b), we checked through all our bags and backpacks and a mobile phone (valued at £400/17,600b) was also missing. The door and windows were all still locked, so the door must have been opened with a key. After checking everything else was still there we went to reception and advised the receptionist, she said the only other key was with reception, but couldn't do anything and to speak with the manager tomorrow. Of course we went to police station and reported this (the police didn't seem to phased). The following morning we explained to the manager what had happened and advised it must have happened between 8.00pm-10.30pm, we told her that we had been to police and how there was no forced entry so a key must have been used. She told us she spoke with receptionist from the night before and she denied knowing anything. After the manager spoke with the owner of the hotel they advised us they can not offer a refund and we need to wait for the police (as they told us they believed we were lying) which could take from 2weeks to a month. We only had two days left in koh samui before returning to bangkok to fly home. All in all the staff we extremely unhelpful and rude in a time of distress for us. The stay here ended up costing us over 20,000b. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
12  Thank LauraChrisThailand

Reviewed 6 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in Jan 2012. I have good and bad memories.
The location is ideal! Right in the middle of Chaweng's busy nightlife, but still far enough that you can have a good nights' rest. Also right on the beach with a very nice swimming pool.
The negatives would be the breakfast which was really not up to standard and the few beach chairs they have on the beach. But my biggest concern is the price. We stayed on 4 different islands in Thailand and BB Chaweng was the most expensive. Really, really expensive in comparison with the other places. We expected much more. The room was lovely, but the barthroom run down.
I would visit Samui again but would definitely stay somewhere else where I can pay much less, not have breakfast and maybe have a little bit further to walk to all the attractions.
It was not worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

me and my wife stayed there for 2 nights, after a flight from BKK, and before going to Pangahn.
the room was ok, nothing more. good thing about this place is the location, as it is in the center of Chaweng, about 100 meters from the Ark Bar. It's mach more quit than the Ark Bar, and very basic in it's design.
very important: the water in the shower had, for some reason, a very strong bad smell !!!
and you can get WiFi only next to reception, but it is free.
compere to other hotels around it is cheap, and avarage.
good if your not about to spend a lot of time in the roon...

Room Tip: if you need WiFi 24/7, you can ask to stay in a room close to the resaption, in the first or second...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I am staying in chaweng resort now and honestly I am disappointed. In its heyday it would have been beautiful and these are the pictures they feature in their brochure, however this hotel is tired and scraggy at the seams...there are three of us here and out of the three rooms one is stunning and the other two are not worth the money. The private pool we got with one of the rooms has green scum around it and needs repointing as all brown I between tiles.

I can understand why there are mixed reviews on here as if you come here my honest opinion is it is Russian roulette as to whether you are lucky enough to have a room they have invested some money in to keep up to date....I have peeked over the wall and the centara next door looks so much cleaner in comparison, if your willing to spend out on chawengs overpriced rooms my advice is not to bother and go elsewhere.....great food was The Wave up the road. Happy travelling

Room Tip: Beach front view room was the only nice room out of the three of us travelling
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Place is brilliant...Pool right near the beach. Best thing is that the resort is located on Chaweng beach, which is the place to be. All places like clubs and bars and eating joints are located at a walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed here 5 years ago & the place has deteriorated. The buildings are now quite dilapidated. The WIFI drops out & the cleaning staff only seem clean your room if you ask them. We have been here for 6 nights now & the shampoo & soap in the bathroom have not been replenished since our arrival. Luckily we bring our own. The aircon at least is cold & the beach is but a few metres away. Like most resorts we find that some people seem to monopolise the shadiest spots by placing their belongings on the sun loungers at daybreak thus depriving others. Breakfast is what you would expect & usually cold. The only redeeming feature of this place is its location at the south end of Chaweng Beach. There are plenty of small restaurants outside to cater to all budgets within a short walk. One word of caution about this resort. I inadvertantly hit the wrong button on the in room safe a night prior to going on an all day trip leaving at 7.00am. I asked the fellow at reception to send someone to open it for me as the documents for the trip were inside. He told me that the engineer had gone home & wouldnt be available to open the safe until 8.00am. When I pointed out that I needed the documents he tried to brush me off by telling me to wait for a couple of hours to see if the safe would reset itself. I thought about this for a while but decided that this was not good enough. I wanted the documents straight away & I asked him to contact his superiors to arrange assistance. After a few mutterings from him I managed to convince him that I was serious about having the safe opened up as soon as possible. I pointed out to him that if I had a flight leaving before 8.00am I would miss it if he wasnt going to help. I insisted then that he get someone to talk to me right away & sort this out. Another fellow arrived who seemed more amenable to fixing this customer relations blunder & a quick phone call had the maintenance man on my doorstep within 15 minutes to open the safe, problem solved!!
This experience has soured my experience at this resort & I hesitate to recommend it to anyone if only for the attitude of the night porter. One other small problem is that someone seems to let off firecrackers at odd times during the night. I havent been able to ascertain who but I suspect it is the beachside restaurant next door which caters for the younger set who love to party on into the night.

Room Tip: go to the Centara resort next door to this one
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel, but went to the beach restaurant. The food was really good! Don't be swayed by the kitsch fake flowers, it is lovely and the service is fantastic.
I love the way they groom the sand and set up the tables and flowers!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
P&P Samui Resort
First Bungalow Beach Resort
Montien House
Montien House
#70 of 185 in Bophut

Been to B2@Samui Beach Resort? Share your experiences!