We (a friend and I) stayed at the Amari in Koh Samui's Chaweng Beach for a few nights and really liked the hotel. Unfortunately we were there during the bad floods in March 2011 so we could not enjoy the beauty of Koh Samui but this made us appreciate the comfort of the hotel even more. We were basically stuck there and the superfriendly staff did everything to make us feel comfortable. Reception was very helpful in trying to find out about the situation at the airport, rebooking rooms was a piece of cake and we were constantly provided with complimentary little perks such as happy hours at the hotel bar and snacks during lunch time to keep us happy despite our misfortune. Management (German/Australian) was also very present during those rough times. The generator of the hotel came in quite handy when electricity went down on the entire island..Overall it was a very satisfactory and pleasant experience to stay at this hotel.
In detail: Clean, nice large rooms with balcony or terrace that are modern and comfortable. Two pools, two restaurants (Italian and Thai), a hotel lounge / bar - that we made quite a bit of use of... - all of it friendly and nice. We only tried the Thai restaurant and it wsa delicious. Expansive buffet breakfast with everything East meets West as you may desire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amari Hotels, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and LateRooms so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng