We have just returned from 2 fantastic weeks at the Amari. Being a travel agent I really did my research on finding the best hotel. We were certainly not disappointed.
The journey ran smoothly, good connection through Bangkok, with a short connection time and still no problems with luggage. Great service at Samui airport and then a really smooth check in at hotel. We were greeted with a friendly welcome and taken to our room, this was across the road, but to be honest not a problem at all, and if I say so probably the best place to be as its quiet and away from the busy pool and beach. the room was beautiful with all the amenities needed. Lovely bathroom and huge shower as well. The bed was huge and so so comfy. The cleaners did a great job everyday, and they even come in every night and spray the room with mozzie spray.... Nice touch.
Breakfast was everything you expected. They had something for everyone all very tasty.
We only had breakfast in the hotel, the beach buffet looked amazing but didn't get the chance to experience it. Decided to spend the days by the pool near the beach. If you pick the right sunbeds you can even pick up the free wi fi from them. Comfy sunbeds and huge free beach towels.
The location of the hotel could not have been better. Throw a left out of the hotel and you get to all the restaurants, bars and shops. Maybe a 5 min walk. We found some lovely restaurants, all very reasonable and the food is amazing. Not a icky tummy once!!! Some great bars too, the ice bar was an experience and ark bar on a Wednesday is a must. There is so much choice.
If you take a left from the beach the are some lovely restaurants for a nice chilled meal. 'your place' was a hit. We ate there a few times, the jumbo BBQ prawns we're lovely.
You have to experience the Thai massages. I must have had 6 in 2 weeks. I went to the one on the beach, just left from the hotel. They are so lovely and really friendly. £4 for a hour is amazing value.
I would not hesitate in reccomending this hotel. It really is a great find. If I ever go back to samui this is where I would stay. Think we may try koh tao next. Went on a snorkelling trip there and that's beautiful too.
Ignore any bad reviews, take my word for it and just book the Amari Palm Reef. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amari Hotels, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng