“Great hotel”
Review of Amari Koh Samui

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel was fab the staff definitely make the hotel. Breakfast was great. We had a great room only problem was it was on the road which was very noisey at night. When I spoke was offered another but preffered where we were so bought ear plugs. The quality was really great. Would definitely go back but would want to be away from the road. The pools were both good sizes and well maintained although could be busy. The beach was better and it's good fun with the beach sellers.
We have been to Samui before about six years ago and the traffic volume has increased a lot.

Room Tip: Try and get one away from the road.
1  Thank Linda1712

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at the Amari about 6 years ago now (see previous review). Was wondering what to expect this time and I was not disappointed. The service provided is still excellent. Cold towels on arrival, easy check in, wonderful breakfasts that never run out of supplies. Great coffee and lattes etc if you ask for it. Love the fresh smoothes available every morning and the changes they make to various dishes in the buffet each day. I really looked forward to this breakfast every day. We also stayed at the Shangri la in Bangkok which is renowned for its breakfast and frankly I thought the Amari’s was better for choice.
I really can’t fault our stay there. I also needed assistance to chase up on a matter from a previous hotel we stayed in Samui and the staff were really helpful in assisting with this. After the last hotel we stayed which we were really disappointed with, the Amari really saved our holiday. It was slightly more expensive but believe me, it is worth every cent. I now know after two stays here with a long period in between, the Amari brand is something I can trust and know my holiday is going to be foolproof. I will be back to the Amari without hesitation and if you are considering a stay here, I could not recommend it enough for value for money yet still very classy and well situated on Chaweng beach. Thanks to all the staff here who are brilliant.
Can I also just add to anyone reading this considering staying in Koh Samui, please do not purchase sunscreen from the “Samui Sun” brand widely available at all pharmacies (except Boots who unsurprisingly, do not stock this). I ended up bed ridden for three days with severe burns as this is a fake sunscreen and has no SPF in it. I would hate for someone’s child to suffer as I did and other tourists have so please stick to main stream sun cream brands and avoid “Nice Pharmacies” on the Chaweng strip who widely stocks this product. If you run out of suncream go to Boots or avoid Thai suncream products, particularly Samui Sun.

4  Thank chocolatechaos
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I created a trip advisor account just to review this place. Stayed there for 6 nights from the 19th to the 25th of October. I have been lucky enough to visit a lot of places and stay at a lot of resorts, and this place is easily the best resort I've stayed at. All hotel staff were friendly and always had a smile on their face, accommodation was great, buffet breakfast was awesome. There are 2 big pools, 1 for each area of the hotel (the hotel is separated in to 2 areas, one closer to the beach the other on the other side of the road, both with heaps of sun lounge's) Awesome food, awesome restaurants in the hotel, Great entertainment during the night with an awesome cover band who play all sorts of popular tunes. It is in a great location too with nearby shops and heaps of money exchangers. Highly recommend this resort.

When we stayed there were couples, families, big groups and solo travellers and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Cannot wait to go back to visit this place.

Room Tip: We stayed on the non beach side, and it seemed to be more peaceful than the beach side area, which w...
4  Thank BJM111
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at Amari Reef for 2 weeks during October. This was our first time to Koh Samui after many visits to Phuket. The resort is broken into 2 sections divided by the main road. We were located on the side away from the beach. This was not a problem as there was a pool just outside our room & did not need to cross the road to go for a swim. I was disappointed in the beach. It is shallow & had seaweed floating around everywhere. It was also brown & dirty in parts.
Although this is no fault of the hotel it was all along Chaweng beach. The hotel was amazing and started our day with a great breakfast with a big variety. The staff always friendly and very helpful.The beds were very comfortable & the room cleaned daily. The grounds are just perfect & well maintained. I would highly recommend the Amari Palm Reef to anyone travelling to Koh Samui. Thanks again for an amazing holiday & looking forward to getting back there one day.

Room Tip: If you want to be around the pool I would recommend south side
3  Thank caljemcourt
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Plenty of healthy food for breakfast. Warming Reception, CLean private Beach, Large Pool, Aways from City Disturbances, Peaceful sleep, Excellent Breeze Spa packages, however be aware to close doors and windows during night to avoid insects and lizards from entering the room.
In all a joyful and refreshing stay.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to reception and beach have a better views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank khuloodj j
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I vacationed to Koh Samui and had a fabulous time at the Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui. The breakfasts were wonderful, room and bed was comfy, views were breathless and location good. Unfortunately the beach was not that swimmable, but still gorgeous. The pool area fills up fast, so I would recommend to get their early. Overall, very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

My family and I have just had a 5 night stay at the Amari and we absolutely loved it. The setting of this place is amazing right on the beach. Our room was on the other side of the main road but this was not a problem. The rooms are not over big but they are comfortable, the rest of the resort makes up for this. The staff are some of the friendliest I have come across even though they put up with some quite rude guest at times.The only disappointment was not being able to get a late checkout and having to wait 3 hours for a pickup.Overall I would highly recommend the amari.Thankyou for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013